Schreck

Morticans, Ratcatchers and Union

Hi there!

I started to paint a team of Morticans with 6 minis: Obulus, Dirge, Ghast, Cosset, Graves and Silence. Four are finished but I will maybe add some tatoos around the eyes, like "the Crow". The bases are not done yet. I still don't know exactly how they will be, but with some snow. I will do them when the painting will be finished. Tell me what you think! :)

Obulus:

90624320160527053036.jpg

Cosset:

18604020160527052958.jpg

Silence:

24480920160527051855.jpg

Graves:

90649920160603104953.jpg

Such a wonderful atmosphere about this team, you've absolutely nailed it! Love the textures that you have created on the cloth and leather. Lovely team indeed. Thanks for sharing :) 

Thanks for the comments :)

I use 2 colors from Model Color for the purples: violet and violet red. You may find some equivalents with Citadel

47655520160605224717.jpg

I started the big guy! The blue is nearly done, it will take more highlights when the rest will be done. I used the airbrush and light grey to get a first good contrast on the cloth and leather

27631520160605224443.jpg

Thanks! It's mostly brush. After the base colors are made I put a quick layer of light grey with airbrush on the blue, leather and metal to get a quick strong contrast

The bases will look like that (+ some snow + some leaves after painting)

55366820160618193600.jpg

Hey there

So did you pin on Ghast's arms? I'm not terribly good at pinning, but i find myself thinking i might need to man up and pick up a few metal Morticians to round out my crew.

Yes all pieces are pined, especially because it is metal. Superglue only is easily breakable. It is very frustrating when a mini break after it is finished, so I prefer to make them solid from the beginning

Excellent work, really like the colour scheme.

How did you paint the feathers? Obulus' cloak looks great, but I'm really impressed by Dirge. Looks like a real bird's plumage, with the subtle but different colours on the feathers. 

Thanks!

For Dirge I did this:

- base: really dark grey (= dark grey + black) + dark see blue

- wash of pure dark

- lightning 1: dark grey + dark see blue on all feathers

- lightning 2: middle grey + dark see blue at the end of the tail and wings

- glaze of red brown in the tail and at the bases of the wings

For black you should take care not to get too much highlights, otherwise it looks grey

Hi there!

I painted some more guys of the Union. They are mercenaries, so I painted them like I wanted with no specific color scheme

I haven't done the bases yet, I was really impatient to begin the painting. The minis are really nice and exciting to paint  :)

Big Daddy:

47908720160925184045.jpg

The Butcher:

80834920160925214345.jpg

They are pretty much done at this point, I will add some more shades, scratches and blood here and there at the end. Next ones are Mist and Scalpel !