angelforge

Esters: Brewer Barrage

Hi

I have a lineup that my friends and I are calling the "Brewer Barrage".  I'd like to hear your thoughts and also get your opinions on my bench.

Concept:  Use Ester's legendary and Spigot's heroic on turn 1 to put your team into a commanding position, generally by taking half your team and putting them on the other side of the soccer pitch while getting a kill or setting up a monster turn 2.

Esters, Scum, Spigot, Hooper, Friday, Rage.

INF production: 12

Gameplan

Turn 1:
Kicking:  Rage kicks and activates very early to Furious charge someone, ideally knocking them down in the process.

Receiving:  Chase the ball down with Scum and get it back to Spigot.

Spigot then uses his Heroic Play from either pass momentum or Rage momentum.  Then he moves to within 4" of Friday and Hooper so they get the benefit of his aura, and Tools Up one of them.

Esters then uses her legendary play and generally does Empowered Voice: Speed on Hooper and Empowered Voice: Speed on Friday.  She then is also going to use Empowered Voice: Strength on one of them. Esters then runs up a bit and drops AOEs to burn your influence, ideally softening them up, but movement control on turn 1 is fine too.

You now have a 10/12 Friday with Shadowlike for another 2 inches of move. You also have a 8/11 Hooper.  So if there are any enemies that have moved up the field - and at this point they have, because these 2 are usually your last models to activate - they are within range.  You can use Friday to score goals or do tons of damage, tooled up and EV: Strength mean you have MOM 4 on 2 hits, with a 3 long playbook (Don't forget to bring the cat over to bring your tac to 5).  If you're able to jog into position, Hooper will be able to put models dangerously low, and with a little luck, even kill them - Knocking down on your first hit, plus tooled up and EV: Strength, means you have +3 damage on remaining attacks - which will easily kill if you get a wrap off.

Remaining Turns

On most turns Esters and Scum get 0 influence, and Spigot, Hooper, Friday, and Rage all get a full clip.  If I think someone will die before I can activate them, I'll give their influence to Esters (Who can do a surprising amount of damage when you need her to, both at range and in melee).  The team is ridiculously efficient, Esters doesn't need any influence to have a solid effect on the game and you can cap all your other models because of it.  Empowered Voice basically breaks a character every turn, and you never have to worry about conditions cause you can use her as a midturn cleanse.  Spigot, while being a super effective piece on his activation, also turns your team into speed demons and very powerful soccer players with his auras.  Even Hooper will score goals with a 3/7 kick.  So if the team needs to do a ton of damage, you can do that, and if you need to play soccer, you can do that.

I haven't ran into major issues other then player failure in 5+ games, like messing up your setup/advances so everyone can get buffed correctly (Double check those measurements) on subsequent turns, and exposing an injured model to an enemy damage dealer and not noticing it.  One thing I've felt weak at is ball retrieval when I receive the ball.  But I think I can fix that with better starting positions.

One thing I have noticed is that I don't have a bench!  I've tried Mash and Stoker, usually taking Rage out for them.

Stoker is fun but I only ran him against condition alchemists, where he felt really overkill (Magical Brew plus Ester's cleanse meant I didn't really need to think about conditions).  I do like him a lot, and he can do a lot of damage if you cap him off.  But he only makes 1 so that would mean 3 influence taken from someone else, and he doesn't really do anything at 0 influence.

I played back to back games against a Mason player when I tried Mash, one game with Rage and one game with Mash.  He didn't really do anything, and missing 3 attacks the one turn I gave him 3 was not very fun.  But he was too slow to get into position to Snap Shot, and he doesn't do a lot of damage.  He's got a good health pool and UM/2" is great, but I'm just not sure that is enough.  That said all that taught me is Masons are not the matchup for Mash - I figure Mash comes in when I want to be more soccer focused, for example against Fisherman where they're just going to park a 2" range character right on Rage and try and play the ball a lot, using Mash and Esters to hold the ball (UM and GM are fantastic for that) , and against Butchers where they can just kill Rage.  That said both those teams are also squishy so Rage can just kill them, and I don't know if that's the way I should be using mash - I've played less then 5 games with Mash in my entire Guild Ball career!

Stave is the remaining guild option, and in my experience he just turns into a momentum farm.  If he made 2 INF for self-sufficient barrels, or had a 2" melee range, maybe... but right now he's just not good enough.  Thrown off the field, slapped around a bunch, used to trigger character plays, just too many downsides at 2/0 defense.  I will try Quaff when he comes out, but I think the cat fills a key role in ball retrieval.  Perhaps the dog does that by using Second Wind on himself for 12" of jog.  Veteran Spigot would easily make the team if he was a 'new' character, but regular Spigot's heroic play is just so important for this lineup.

Gutter, Fangtooth, Hemlocke, Harry, and A+G are the remaining options.  

• Gutter is solid but she doesn't get EV benefit (Guild Models only), that might be OK though - 2" attack and Chain Grab is great.  I don't think I want to drop one of the 3 core Brewers from the lineup (maximizes EV options), so she would replace Rage and probably take some of Spigot's influence, turning him more into a buffing source then a true playmaker.  
  • Fangtooth is good, MOM KD on 1 is fantastic, but Rage is the only person who has synergy with him.  Although I guess Hooper can engage on a model while leaving himself out of the rough ground aura.  
  • I think Hemlocke is just overkill with Ester's heroic.  
  • I'll give Harry an honest shot if someone can make an honest argument for him, but I don't really see that happening.  Great model though.  
  • Finally A+G - In my opinion the most powerful non-captain model in the game.  But do they do enough here?  I would take them against Honour Masons at minimum, but I'm not sure what else.  Avarisse is super slow, so he'll basically have to stay near Spigot at all times to be 6/9 move.  The easy access Knockdown would be super nice to have, though - same with Singled Out.

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.  The lineup is a blast to play, and I'm always happy to hear from other Esters enthusiasts.

Lots of good Idea there, defo something to think about.

A&G with Singled Out with Friday to get so many wraps Is very good but also thing about Hooper with his Heroic up, Singled Out, someone KD, Tool him up and + DAM from Ester with 9 TAC Is Insane! 

Yeah that's a cool turn one strategy right there, I like it. I don't think I've really played Friday with Esters and never thought about the incredible range she can get buffed up to. I'm gonna give this a try.

I'm the masons player who hes talking about and the two of us have talked quite a bit about the idea, and worked on refining it.

I think the last 2 models want to be Gutter and A/G.

Gutter comes in against teams where Rage is very likely to be consistently shut down. The teams with lots of 2 inch melee like Fish and Tapper Squads. Gutter helps set up turn 1 plays by tugging on those that are out of position which makes her a pretty decent threat on turn 1, since she can set up the momentum train just like Rage does when he kicks off.

AG on the otherhand come in against masons. Im currently thinking we drop spigot for them, since spigot is often a liability. Chisel will get to him basically every time since he is far and away the easiest target for her to kill even with esters defense buff. 

From what Ive seen in the several games we've tried this in.

It works very well against teams like smoke alchs and honour masons, where a significant portion of their turn 1 is being used to set up a larger play. Setting up hooper to make moves is often just as devastating as anything either of these teams can hope to do. I havent had much opportunity to see it going against some of the more aggressive openers of the game however. 

Seems fun but's it extremely situational. The ball won't always land near Scum. People won't put someone within 8" of Rage. Spigot is very easy to kill. Your opponent is also doing a 1st turn setup - Chissile, Smoke and Fish will all mess this up. Some teams will love it when you run at them (Butchers, Morticians, Hunters, Union, Tapper Brewers). Perhaps a match report might explain it better?

8 hours ago, Kueller said:

I would never drop Spigot he Is far too useful

I agree with this, it may be worth using both EV: Agility on Spigot and Tough Skin (+1 ARM, from Hooper) on Spigot to keep him alive against a Chissile.  Also, with A+G, I could just activate Hooper last, between your Chisel activations, and either kill her or knock her down and push her away - enabled by placing Spigot so that if you can get to him, Hooper can get to you.

I had Mash against Fish and he actually felt pretty good - with his Unpredictable Movement and solid kick stats, he was hard to take the ball from and cleared it quite well.  Kept him near Esters and swapped his influence between them for fire fields or kicks/attacks as needed.  I like Gutter quite a bit, so I'll try her next.  I can't see myself dropping more then one model for a bench.

Bonus in that Mash's clothing is wide/flat enough that I might be able to make a decent pattern on it.  Tartan is hard to paint, yo.

5 hours ago, EpicChris said:

Seems fun but's it extremely situational. The ball won't always land near Scum. People won't put someone within 8" of Rage. Spigot is very easy to kill. Your opponent is also doing a 1st turn setup - Chissile, Smoke and Fish will all mess this up. Some teams will love it when you run at them (Butchers, Morticians, Hunters, Union, Tapper Brewers). Perhaps a match report might explain it better?

Sure, to address each point:

Scum moves 8" without influence, so by starting him opposite their kicker (taking into account barriers) I can make it pretty sure that he gets it.  And this team can spare the turn 1 influence to let him sprint or kick (or even both if needed).  Haven't had to do that yet but that's my theoryball answer.

Receiving Rage is using Tooled Up and sprinting forwards using a silly Furious rule, and he is also my kicker-off.  He jogs in a straight line forwards and kicks to the line - basically so that a 1 distance on 1 or 6 puts the ball in its as-close-to-legal spot as possible.  That doesn't mean that they will leave their ball retriever near him, but it should at least force them to spend resources on it.

Defending Spigot is something that I need to work on as a player.  But that's also something that any Brewers player needs to do, against basically any guild - Spigot is both a buff master and football legend after all.

I've had good results against the Chissile so far.  I'm even with our Smoke player, a big Condition wave gets messed up by a well timed Esters heroic so the games are pretty intense.  In our last game I made some really dumb mistakes so the verdict is still out on that one (Rage spawn camped twice).

I had one game against Fish and I didn't legend on turn 1 because the Shark player usually legends on turn 1.  He didn't and instead used it on turn 2, and I was able to use mine plus Spigot's aura to counter it.  I had some missed passes that would have let me take away the game via repositioning, but I was able to stick with it and win 1 goal 4 kills to 2 goals.

I fought Hunters once, we went back and forth and had to call it time time me 4-0 with kills and him with the ball and ready to score.  So I'm not sure how it played out.  This was also without Chaska or Seenah.  I'm sure we'll have a rematch this week because we both wanted to see how the game ended.

This opener might not work against every guild.  I have not fought Morts, Tapper, Butchers, or Union with this lineup yet.  I'll try to take pictures of my games tonight to write up a match report.

I really like the concept of this and it's something I've been playing a variation of to great effect in tournaments. Just to throw my Ester's love into the mix...

My lineup: Esters, Scum, Friday, Hooper, Spigot, Mash (bench Hemlocke and Rage/Stoker)

I will generally line up Spigot just off center, but favored to the side of the kicker. Esters is right in the middle, Scum behind her to the goal to "block", Mash opposite to Spigot, Friday with Spigot, and Hooper with Mash. Kicking, I kickoff with Mash for the speed boost and just position people for the scrum in the center for turn 1, staying out of threat ranges when possible. Receiving, I'm trying to get the ball with Spigot, tool up Esters, and pass down the line, generating enough momentum to end on Friday, in Time's Called aura, with the speed call from Esters, to run the 14" needed to weave across the whole field, and kick a 'I Shoot Better After a Beer" 10 " shot for a turn one last activation goal. That lets the ball come back out to my opponent's model, but I usually have the momentum to win the next turn and steal it back.

Beyond that, turn 1 is tooled up Esters, possibly in the TC aura, moving center field and dropping both AOE's overlapping on either the model that kicked off OR any opportune clumped up enemies she can hit. If both go off, it's 6 damage, fire, and in rough ground for -4"/-4" MOV. Mash is usually tough skinned (or Spigot if he's in threat) and just passes and sprints in front of Esters to become DEF 3/ ARM 3 with UM, which is ball busting. Hooper positions to charge turn 2.

The obvious plan here is to get everyone midfield and just start putting the pressure on goal threating with Mash snap shots, under Spigot's Football legend if possible, grabbing the ball with Spigot or Friday on either side of him, and straight up killing people with Hooper, Friday, even Esters as the OP mentioned. It's a 2 goal, 2 kill team, generally, but actually does everything well and is highly versitile. Mash is really the perfect ball handler, can KD on occasion, and just hangs out to be passed to in the late game. It's 13 INF, which, as the OP again said, is super efficient because Esters and Scum need almost nothing and everyone else is fully loaded to do plays you've never been able to see before.

Seriously, Brewer's players... if you have not given Esters a try, you are really missing out. There is more than just a fully loaded Tapper killing everyone. It's a whole new "ballgame"... yeah, yeah, I know. I just made myself sick typing that too. Sorry everyone.  ;)

1 hour ago, Judgeito said:

I really like the concept of this and it's something I've been playing a variation of to great effect in tournaments. Just to throw my Ester's love into the mix...

My lineup: Esters, Scum, Friday, Hooper, Spigot, Mash (bench Hemlocke and Rage/Stoker)

I will generally line up Spigot just off center, but favored to the side of the kicker. Esters is right in the middle, Scum behind her to the goal to "block", Mash opposite to Spigot, Friday with Spigot, and Hooper with Mash. Kicking, I kickoff with Mash for the speed boost and just position people for the scrum in the center for turn 1, staying out of threat ranges when possible. Receiving, I'm trying to get the ball with Spigot, tool up Esters, and pass down the line, generating enough momentum to end on Friday, in Time's Called aura, with the speed call from Esters, to run the 14" needed to weave across the whole field, and kick a 'I Shoot Better After a Beer" 10 " shot for a turn one last activation goal. That lets the ball come back out to my opponent's model, but I usually have the momentum to win the next turn and steal it back.

Beyond that, turn 1 is tooled up Esters, possibly in the TC aura, moving center field and dropping both AOE's overlapping on either the model that kicked off OR any opportune clumped up enemies she can hit. If both go off, it's 6 damage, fire, and in rough ground for -4"/-4" MOV. Mash is usually tough skinned (or Spigot if he's in threat) and just passes and sprints in front of Esters to become DEF 3/ ARM 3 with UM, which is ball busting. Hooper positions to charge turn 2.

The obvious plan here is to get everyone midfield and just start putting the pressure on goal threating with Mash snap shots, under Spigot's Football legend if possible, grabbing the ball with Spigot or Friday on either side of him, and straight up killing people with Hooper, Friday, even Esters as the OP mentioned. It's a 2 goal, 2 kill team, generally, but actually does everything well and is highly versitile. Mash is really the perfect ball handler, can KD on occasion, and just hangs out to be passed to in the late game. It's 13 INF, which, as the OP again said, is super efficient because Esters and Scum need almost nothing and everyone else is fully loaded to do plays you've never been able to see before.

Seriously, Brewer's players... if you have not given Esters a try, you are really missing out. There is more than just a fully loaded Tapper killing everyone. It's a whole new "ballgame"... yeah, yeah, I know. I just made myself sick typing that too. Sorry everyone.  ;)

This Is my tactic with Ester, Friday scores when receiving and Ester does her Tooled up Barrage, lethal :)

On 7/23/2016 at 4:21 PM, Skinnydookie said:

Exponents of the Esters Brewers barrage: how do you/have you handled the Masons Missile (chisel mostly these days)? Any tips?

Theoretical answer: Run A+G instead of (?) to counter the activation skew, tank up the best target using Esters songs and Hooper's skin, and counter with a blast of Brewers to the face. 

Honest answer: Eat the missile, and make them eat a gigantic Hooper hammer.  You can also use Esters to drop fire fields / rough round and slow her down.  Haven't theory crafted against that matchup all that much, but that's what I do.

My new favorite opener vs Engineers w/ Mainspring is to give Esters 5, tool her up with Spigot, and kill the mascot (3 dmg + 3 dmg).  You can also use a fire field to deal one more point of damage on upkeep, letting you take out: Naja (7), Dirge (5), Vileswarm (7).  Massive range on it too - 6" sprint + 2 for Empowered Voice (and sometimes 2 from Spigot), then 8/10" range on the circle letting you threaten 17.5/19.5 of mascot killing.

Mash keeps earning his keep against Fish and recently Engineers.  2" unpredictable 3/2 ball holder (near Esters) is tough!  I find myself using Esters as a playmaker more when I take Mash.

Against masons the important thing to keep in mind is that Spigot and Rage are the only easy targets for Chisel to kill. Friday is basically a defensive god and is not worth going after.

So try to keep him safe, while setting up for round 2. Its not the worst thing in the world to have spigot taken from you either. So punish them for telegraphing that they are going to kill spigot or the cat.

Friday is only super tanky if she's within 4" of Spigot or gets a defensive Voice from Esters (Something I give her a decent amount when I'm going to throw her down the field for a goal).  But if you do turn on one of the defense traits 5/1 is really a pain (Everyone remembers Brisket, right?)

I'd never choose Rage over a guild model. Brewer work really well with each other. And with Esters he is even more useless, because he is not affected by her traits and heroic/legendary plays. Rage is so easily countered or killed, I just can't see him shine in any Esters line up.
Good thoughts though!

Just now, Spacebug said:

I'd never choose Rage over a guild model. Brewer work really well with each other. And with Esters he is even more useless, because he is not affected by her traits and heroic/legendary plays. Rage is so easily countered or killed, I just can't see him shine in any Esters line up.
Good thoughts though!

Rage is one of the most efficient models in the game and it hasnt been a huge issue that he cannot receive the buffs from esters.

Playing him allows the team to have 4 models with full influence, which is just amazing. 

9 hours ago, Spacebug said:

Good thoughts though!

Who would you take instead of Rage? I've found he's great kicking off and converting his 1 inf into a bunch of damage and momentum is really useful.  While it's straightforward to counter/kill him, he still has 17 health.  Brewers are also one of the better guilds at keeping him online - all of our pushes mean it's pretty hard to keep a model on him if we have anything to say about it.

4 minutes ago, angelforge said:

Who would you take instead of Rage? I've found he's great kicking off and converting his 1 inf into a bunch of damage and momentum is really useful.  While it's straightforward to counter/kill him, he still has 17 health.  Brewers are also one of the better guilds at keeping him online - all of our pushes mean it's pretty hard to keep a model on him if we have anything to say about it.

5 hours ago, Skuloth said:

Rage is one of the most efficient models in the game and it hasnt been a huge issue that he cannot receive the buffs from esters.

Playing him allows the team to have 4 models with full influence, which is just amazing. 

I agree that Rage is really INF efficient. That is one reason I played him a lot. I just don't see him as the better choice. His maverick and 1" melee zone are bad.
He is good against inexperienced players. Better players will find a way to knock him out. I played against Rage in the tournament yesterday and he could not charge once.
One Esters Line up I played at the tournament yesterday was: Esters, Scum, Hooper, Friday, Spigot & Mash

I already did a lot of damage with Esters and Hooper (+ tooled up on one of them/Esters +1 DMG trait).

Brewers are great at killing and scoring at the same time. Esters provides good DMG or makes you faster depending on the situation. Once you get the ball, it is EASY with Spigot to build up momentum and get to the other side fast. With his aura the whole team has good kicking stats. Once the team is in goal range it is really influence efficient already. I never had INF problems with this line up. Plus Mash is great with Esters! He does not need INF to be annoying with his unpredictable movement, 2" melee range and snap shop trait.

If the ball is outside your range, Spigot AND Friday do good DMG aswell. Especially when she charges towards an engaged model with her 2 DMG on 2 hits.

Brewer support each other so well I don't need to take the risk to bring Rage to the game when Mash brings more advantages. I also choose Stave sometimes.
Depending on your opponent.

:3

1 hour ago, Spacebug said:

I agree that Rage is really INF efficient. That is one reason I played him a lot. I just don't see him as the better choice. His maverick and 1" melee zone are bad.
He is good against inexperienced players. Better players will find a way to knock him out. I played against Rage in the tournament yesterday and he could not charge once.
One Esters Line up I played at the tournament yesterday was: Esters, Scum, Hooper, Friday, Spigot & Mash

I already did a lot of damage with Esters and Hooper (+ tooled up on one of them/Esters +1 DMG trait).

Brewers are great at killing and scoring at the same time. Esters provides good DMG or makes you faster depending on the situation. Once you get the ball, it is EASY with Spigot to build up momentum and get to the other side fast. With his aura the whole team has good kicking stats. Once the team is in goal range it is really influence efficient already. I never had INF problems with this line up. Plus Mash is great with Esters! He does not need INF to be annoying with his unpredictable movement, 2" melee range and snap shop trait.

If the ball is outside your range, Spigot AND Friday do good DMG aswell. Especially when she charges towards an engaged model with her 2 DMG on 2 hits.

Brewer support each other so well I don't need to take the risk to bring Rage to the game when Mash brings more advantages. I also choose Stave sometimes.
Depending on your opponent.

:3

To be fair, he charged once. ;)
Rage is pretty efficient, but you need to know the enemy team to use him in his full capacity to... well... counter the counter.  (you played very well, nonetheless, which rendered my roster pretty useless in the end ^^)

The other player I played against usually takes Rage when he plays a Brewer-Kill-Team, in combination with Gutter. I do the same with Morts. In the end, he still serves as a deliverer of Tooled Up, and can still charge with Berserker in his backhand. Or he just crowds out or can charge when not engaged and doesn't need Inf for it. Having a model that can spend the Influence for tooled up and is not rendered worse or useless is worth a lot I think. Spigot using Tooled Up makes him have 1 less influence. Now I don't usually play striker teams, but as far as I experienced it every Inf on a striker is essential, isn't it?

He might not have reach, but he is easiest one of the best models Union can provide to Teams, form Butchers to Morts. The only team I don't see him shine in, is Engineers, but I find them so weak, that I don't think he's making a difference.

I can see how he doesn't fit an Esters Team, though, but the difference to other brewers models is, his KD is non-momentous. :D And Maverick makes him immune against abilities like lob-barrel, or Esters AOE abilities, or Gutters Scything blow, Fangtooths Foul Odor, Unmasking etc. I can see him shine in a tapper team, too. Being immune against lob barrel is SUPER cool. I mean, think about a situation where someone uses a model just to engage Rage (empty activation, a model that didn't get Inf), and you can use lob barrel on his head to free him. After that your enemy has the possibility to use ANOTHER model to engage him and change his plans, or you can freely charge with him and smash faces.

One thing I have to admit: The synergy of Brewers is insanely good. Brewers don't NEED Rage, but I guess he can be fun in a Brewers Roster. It's almost sad I find them so terribly boring in their playstyle and looks. (no offense)

In the end it depends on taste and playstyle, I guess. I would never play a Morts Team that needs to shoot goals. That makes him essential for me as I hate shooting goals. Maybe I use butchers next time. Also: Feel challenged. I will get a few games in against brewers now. ;) 

I'm loving this Rage talk as its pertinent to my current dilemma!

I'm attending the Sanctioned "open season" at Dark Sphere in London.

7 out of the squad of 8 are set: Esters, Scum, Friday, Hooper, Mash, Spigot, & Gutter.

my final spot will go to either Rage or Stoker.

Rage, as has been said, is so influence efficient, momentum creating efficient, another source of tooled up and can give out bleed. But he's very squishy, can't benefit from esters buffs and furious charge can be neutralised.

Stoker has his magical brew (there seem to be lots of conditions with season 2), has ranged attacks, good synergy with esters fireballs and buffs, reasonably tanky and a solid beater. He only brings 1 influence to the party and needs 3 or more likely 4 to get the job done and is painfully slow.

id really appreciate advice from you guys on this final place. Many thanks.

20 hours ago, Cole said:

To be fair, he charged once. ;)

AWW HAHA I'm sorry I totally forgot his one charge against Hooper (it was Hooper right?^^) :DD

I played Rage and Gutter, too when my line up was all about killing but it was just not my playstyle. I don't feel like beating the shit out of my enemies. It does take a longer time and Gutter needs a lot of INF, too. Brewer are good at both, kicking and beating and I don't want to do only one thing. Gutter and Rage are too much Union in a Brewer Line up imo but surely this depends on how you like to play.

And I don't need his Tooled up when I have Spigot, which I always have.

20 hours ago, Cole said:

Being immune against lob barrel is SUPER cool.

Yes it is but I'd never use my important Lob Barrel just to get a model away from Rage. Unless he is engaged by many, this would not be very efficient. Only if my tactics are all about Rage.

20 hours ago, Cole said:

One thing I have to admit: The synergy of Brewers is insanely good. Brewers don't NEED Rage, but I guess he can be fun in a Brewers Roster. It's almost sad I find them so terribly boring in their playstyle and looks. (no offense)

This sums it up pretty well. It is about playstyle. IMO you don't need Rage as a Brewer player. I kicked him out of every team line up by now. But especially with Gutter he would work quite nice.
But.....but....Brewers are awesome. :'(
They are not boring at all O:
I always play them different. Love their playbooks.^^

20 hours ago, Cole said:

Also: Feel challenged. I will get a few games in against brewers now. ;) 

I am really looking forward to play against you again :)
You played Union really well!! It was a fun match.^^

19 hours ago, Skinnydookie said:

id really appreciate advice from you guys on this final place. Many thanks.

Bawww, can you only choose one Captain? If the choice is Rage or Stoker, I'd definitely take Rage. Stoker is the only Brewer I don't like to play with because he needs too much INF. Rage has more advantages imo. But as I said, I would not use both xD
But good luck either way! :>

14 minutes ago, Spacebug said:

Bawww, can you only choose one Captain? If the choice is Rage or Stoker, I'd definitely take Rage. Stoker is the only Brewer I don't like to play with because he needs too much INF. Rage has more advantages imo. But as I said, I would not use both xD
But good luck either way! :>

Yeah it's one captain!

I think I would take Rage over Stoker, although I do like Stoker (And I like how Esters provides burning and speeds up that sluggish 4/6!)

I had a great line today.  Friday turn 1 scored and then was killed in response.  She respawned by the goal and I gave her 2 INF.  Esters passed to Friday and she dodged up 4", then used Empowered Voice: Speed on her.  Then, Spigot used his Heroic and repositioned for Friday.  Then Friday Shadow-Like dodges forward into Spigot's heroic aura, sprinted 12", drank a beer and shot on the goal - for a nice 24" goal threat *before* pass movement.