Sign in to follow this  
Zealot

Big League Plot Cards--Multiple Copies, Deck Size

Hey guys,

We started the Big League and a few of us have different interpretations on how the rules for plot cards work during the league.  I have a couple of related questions.

1.  "Coaches begin the campaign with access to any Guild Ball Season 1 or 2 Guild Plot cards from the core game and any of the Common Campaign Plot Cards found in the Guild Ball Season 2 Campaign Cards set." (S2 rulebook, p. 55)

Since there are multiple copies of basic cards in the campaign deck, does that mean that you can fill your pool with multiple copies of the same card, to increase your chances of drawing a card?  If so, does this extend to S1 or S2 plot cards as well?  Can I buy my friend's "Don't Touch the Hair!" and add it to my deck, even if I already have one?  Or is there a strict "no more than one copy of a specific card can be in a player's plot deck."

2.  Since players are encouraged to sell plot cards to one another, can a player trim down his/her pool, to reduce the random element, or must a player maintain 12 plot cards in the deck at all times?

Thanks in advance!  The campaign system is really awesome.

BT

It's a little vague, but I believe the intention is:

1) only one copy of each card per player.

2) you always play a game with a 12 card deck. You may well have a lot more cards to construct your plot deck from, but you need 12 cards to draw from at the start of each game.

I did end up going with one copy of any card per player. This seems to make the most sense, and the player who wanted to buy up all the Don't Touch the Hair cards admitted that it was out of the spirit of the game.

I also had misunderstood the rules on first go through, thinking that players were locked in to a plot card deck for the duration of the league. That was obviously wrong, and not nearly as flexible as far as strategy for specific matchups. 

Anyways just wanted to update the thread in case others go searching for rules on this.