Anthony_Medves

~!~ GEN CON 2016 ~!~

I think limiting people to playing in one qualifier would have been the way to go as well. With as few spots as were available it's pretty disappointing that some people will get two shots while others get none. 

From what I understand though, the limited spots was more a GenCon decision than a Steamforged one. Since this is SFG's first time their the GenCon organizers were a little hesitant to give them more than this and even tried talking them down lower. Hopefully the games popularity is noted this year and there might be a bigger presence next year. 

13 hours ago, meep277 said:

I am going! Upstate NY here, driving down in a caravan with a couple friends, this will be my first Gen-Con, so I cannot wait!

I promise you'll have an excellent time. Especially stopping at Sheetz and Waffle House on the way. 

I'm so excited! I'm an Indianapolis native and my husband and I will be there all 4 days! If anyone wants to meet up and hang out/get some pick up games, Let me know :D I'd love to meet all of you and get in some awesome games and fun times :D <3

40 minutes ago, RebeccaJo said:

I'm so excited! I'm an Indianapolis native and my husband and I will be there all 4 days! If anyone wants to meet up and hang out/get some pick up games, Let me know :D I'd love to meet all of you and get in some awesome games and fun times :D <3

My wife and i will be there Wednesday through Sunday and she dabbles in GB so we should definitely get a game in! :)

On 6/2/2016 at 2:39 PM, Anthony_Medves said:

I promise you'll have an excellent time. Especially stopping at Sheetz and Waffle House on the way. 

Don't forget Steak n' Shake!

3 hours ago, Maurice said:

Gang, the 2 new qualifier events went up. One on Thursday and a concurrent one on Saturday.

Thanks I was super disappointed I was going to miss them, as soon as i saw this it was new tab time. I was prepared to show up early with generics just in case, which I also advise for anyone who misses this new window. 

Hope to see you all on the field!

On 7/9/2016 at 2:37 PM, Vonhasle said:

I'll be there too, playing in FoW tourneys so didn't try to get into theGB ones... But any pick up/social games after are cool too!

I used to be a judge for FoW. I'll be working the Steamforged booth, which is right by the FoW booth! Come by and say hello!

I'd also love to play a pickup game. I only have 4 games under my belt so some other greenhorn or someone with some patience would be a great fit. @RebeccaJo I'd be up for a game Friday or Saturday if you have availability. Thanks! See everyone at Gen Con!

I will be driving from Virginia and attend Gencon yearly. Would love to play some pick up games and look forward to meeting new people! I plan on bringing Morticians and Brewers.

Just got into the game 2 weeks ago. Super excited to check out the Steamforged booth and events to learn. Where do people find pick up games? 

I'm planning on scoping out the Steamforged portion of the event hall for pickup games, but I suspect that that area will be full from all the tournaments...

How kosher is it to play with just the cardboard models for pickup games? I have the cards but since I just got parts of the team and they're in various stages of being assembled, I just left them at home, and only brought the cardboard printouts.