Anphiarus

I love Guild Ball miniatures!!!

A small update on the Morticians. The big ugly brute that is Casket is finished, I'm hoping that at one point a veteran model is on the cards as it's really not the nicest in my humble opinion.

7211EPN.jpg

Also I've just finished up Rage, a very characterful model indeed although in need of a resize as he is very small in comparison to most models these days.

wpdbxcx.jpg

Thanks very much Fomorian. The skin is quite a simple recipe to be honest. I primarily use Citadel colours but I'm sure if you use another brand it will be easy enough to find similar colours. The base colour is a mix of Tallarn flesh and Hawk turquoise, once that's applied I'll give it a light glaze of purple around the eyes, knuckles and other deeper recesses around muscles etc. Once that's all dried I reapply the base coat mix and then start to highlight by adding white into the base mix. I hope that makes sense :)

Thanks for the kinds words all. Masterkdog, for the robes I started off with Citadels Dheneb stone (old foundation set colour I think), a glaze with Agrax Earthshade, highlight back to Dheneb stone adding a little white at the end to make the robes pop a little better. The staining was a mixture of glazes with Agrax Earthshade and weathering pigments. Loved the Petr Cech comment by the way, just a shame I didn't think of that whilst painting, I could've added little squares all over the head to complete the look :D.

A couple more models for you today that have been added to the Morticians, first up is the lovely Scalpel quickly followed by Veteran Graves. 

r7SwhS5.jpg

lDES2il.jpg

Veteran Graves is my favourite sculpt of the Morticians these days, Steamforged really are doing a great job with this miniature line. 

I've just joined and this was the first thread I landed on! My god those paint schemes are amazing! I'm almost ready to hand my Hunter team back as I'll never get them to look this good!! :lol:

I'm super inspired and can't wait to get working on my players!

Thanks very much peeps. I'm not sure if I would be able to pull off a step by step process of painting a mini, once a mini is started I like to set myself quite a tight deadline to finish it (all that stop and start could send me a bit doolally). I could maybe show you a few conversions as I go as I feel that's a bit easier and far less reliant on me taking out of focus and washed out pictures :lol:.

Here's a quick snap (sufficiently washed out and out of focus) of a test model for a new team I'm working on.

9Es29pr.jpg

Thank you very much karajohn. I have to admit the Engineers weren't my favourite models in the Guild Ball range, they are now however really starting to grow on me. A few of them have some rather strange poses but I hope to be able to modify them over the next few days.

My latest attempt is on Ballista, I have a feeling that with all this wood grain my eyes may get a hell of a workout :lol:.

6Ao97Jt.jpg