Anphiarus

I love Guild Ball miniatures!!!

Thank you very much for the advice Schreck, I've tried to implement the things you have mentioned, I've added more highlights to the black and brightened up his skin. I've also added brown shading to the armour to help with the definition. Hopefully it shows up well enough with my less than average photography skills :).

Jc6sesZ.jpg

A quick question on your general process - My Seenah model has some rather large gaps and the seams between the pieces are very noticeable. It seems like you are painting many of the models in a disassembled state. How do you close those gaps and make them look seamless after applying paint?

Yes it looks already better :)

Another thing you could do: add some colors to the face. The contrast is really good now, but you can add for exemple some red on the cheeks, on the nose or bottom lip. Add some red to your base/dark tons and glaze it in the shades. It is little details that give "life" to your painting (it's alive!). Don't go too far neither as it could look clowny or make up, but it worth spending a little more time on the face as it is an important part

A (crazy) good example: http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/10021

Look close to the face, you will see red and even blue/purple tons at the chin

It's by adding those differents tons in you colors in general that you will go further in your paintings, your technik is already very clean

Captainraffi, Seenah gave me very much the same issue, I'll assume your working with the metal figure as I was. If it is resin then it's much easier to work with as a little hot water can fix those issues. Basically I made sure the head would fit in without any issues at the expense of the rest of the model. I glue the body together whilst the head is in place, making sure the fit for the head was the best I could, then I remove the head and start filling. If I remember correctly it left me to fill in just below his tail, at the top of his back and also in between his front legs. Once all that prep is done assembling after painting is much easier. I hope this helps.

That helps a lot, thank you. I might have to do some heavy filing to get the head in but I'll take that approach. Did you also do some minor sculpting to blend the seam in with the fur? I think i'm going to have to grab a tool and simulate the fur a little.

On April 29, 2016 at 2:58 PM, Anphiarus said:

Hey there Anamnesis, here's a few of Vitriol. I think my mate threw some pics up on Facebook, I've finally got around to saying hello to you all Erahf. :)20160303_174700_zpsv3mdlcrx.jpg :)

20160324_180548_zpsyzapvchm.jpg

I was never fond of the original Vitriol pose, but this one is absolutely crackin.' The team is SO well done!

On April 30, 2016 at 2:51 PM, Anphiarus said:

Hey there Pete, I look forward to seeing him all painted up :).  The Adjutant, for the bases I used some moulded sheets from Wills Finecast. If you were talking about the paint scheme I'd be happy to let you know how I did it. 

Jumping on the Hunter bandwagon here's a wip picture of Zarola.

20160430_115040_zpscu7htrix.jpg

Holy crap! That Zarola is wicked-cool! 

On June 20, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Anphiarus said:

MetacarpiUG, thank you very much indeed, I here it was a good tournament overall.

sious_69, I was undecided with the verdigris etc but based on your comment I decided to give it a go, thanks for the feedback it's much appreciated.

Here's a quick picture of Hammer before I base him up.

20160620_181238_zpsolamltwv.jpg

Black flesh tone can be tough to get it right, but you have seemed to have mastered it. SO well done!

On May 27, 2016 at 6:40 AM, Anphiarus said:

I managed to get a quick team shot before I send them off to my mate. 

20160527_105622_zpsaghfahbl.jpg

As most of us I'm always looking to improve so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I must say that I love your 'minimalist' style. Getting everything SOOOOOO smooth turns me green with envy. Bow down, Bow down!!! I'm not worthy. 

Just been through this thread from start to finish and got to say awesome work all round!

You have a superb, crisp clean painting style and I'm loving the conversions.

Keep it up and look forward to seeing more.

hd

Let me start off by saying thank you so very much to all those that have left such nice comments in my absence. Like most painters I can be very fickle and jump from model to model depending on my mood. Happily my mate Steve requires another team, so i'm here to share some pictures as I work.

SexdOJT.jpg

As you can see I've started messing about with a few models and bases, still 4 or 5 to prep and then i'll throw some paint on them.

A small update on the Morticians. I've started to work on the pumpkin headed Obulus, mapping out some colours and making a few mistakes along the way. I just need to work out a good colour for the roses on the scythe and the ribbons that flap about, any suggestions would be very welcome.

6g4tdwT.jpg

Hey there Pete, nice to be back :).

Wynter, the metal arm is just a spare I had to replace the one missing in the original order. I know Steamforged are really good at dealing with that stuff but I was impatient lol.

Really like the concept, for the rosse you could go for a very deep crimson me think :) and i would go for the dark emerald green for the ribbon if you want colour or a off white like deck tan if you want to be more monochrome

Glad to see some news on this!

Cheers

Anamnesis