Anphiarus

I love Guild Ball miniatures!!!

1 hour ago, Anphiarus said:

Not had much time to paint over the past day or two, it's been sunny up here in Scotland and we have to take advantage of it when we get it ;). That being said I have managed to finish off Fillet. Smoke is next on the painting table but I am very apprehensive about tackling all the coiling smoke.

20160529_173201_zpsviijj9qm.jpg

That Is SO Good!

On 5/27/2016 at 11:40 AM, Anphiarus said:

I managed to get a quick team shot before I send them off to my mate. 

20160527_105622_zpsaghfahbl.jpg

As most of us I'm always looking to improve so any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Conratz on winning the Steamforged News Painting Comp, very well deserved mate :)

The hunters look great together, a well deserved win. You've a very lucky friend - is he in Scotland too? Hope I'll come across them at some point and get a chance to drool over them in person!

Looking forward to seeing Smoke, I've made a start on her but she's not living up to what I was hoping for so far.. Will be great to have some more reference material to steal from! I won't be so disappointed now when the weather inevitably turns foul again if it ups your productivity :P

Thank you all so very much for your kind words. As much as the competition was very nice to win I must say the community here is by far the best thing for me since I've joined, so thank you for making me feel so welcome here :). I hope to pick a team soon so I can join in playing the game also.

Erahf, my mate lives in England these days but he's quite the tournament hound so I'm sure he'll bump into you at one point. As for Smoke, she really isn't an easy model to paint, the smoke is lacking a little texture so it's very difficult to do a convincing job, I've gone for a chemical based smoke. Here's how far I've gotten along with her

zv0w5AK.jpg

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I think some white on her clothing would look nice.

I'm considering some kind of colour changing smoke for mine, but this toxic single colour works really well too.

Since the smoke seems a bit flat, maybe you could try to work with stippling to create some more interest in the pattern? it's quite a strange model

Anyway, really interested to see where this is going :)  your fillet is amazing, that's on of the model who made me considere butcher :P

Keep the pic coming!

Anamnesis

Thanks very much for the input, I've tried to implement some of the things suggested. Purely because of the colour scheme of the team (on page 1) I couldn't go with white Speedfreek but I did add a fair bit more purple than I initially planned to brighten things up a bit. Anamnesis, I was a little too scared to try out the stippling once I'd got this far along but I did force the shadows a little more, and I'm seriously considering some dark weathering powders towards the bottom of the smoke, what do you think?

Here's picture of what she ended up like, thanks again for the suggestions.

rTb5FJ4.jpg

Now that I have finished all the teams I needed to for my mate Steve, cleaned up my painting table and reorganised the paints I now have time to paint a few models that have taken my fancy. First up is a wip Obulus, my personal favourite miniature from this range. I hope to try out a green marble staff and possibly a bit of freehand somewhere if I can.

Here's how he looks so far

KfZwerb.jpg

Absolutely stunning work, as usual. 

Surprisingly similar to the first Morticians colour scheme I did!

You can see it there if you are interested. 

Thank you once again for the very kind words. Sious_69, I've been looking at you stuff for a long while now and your Mortician teams imho are your best ones in both appearance and technique. I've gleaned quite a bit from your work already so don't be surprised to see more similarities in the future ;). My colour choices this time were very much based on super villains, hence the green and purple. I'm not sure if I'll want this scheme for the team but it's given me a nice excuse to paint up another Obulus once I've finished this one. I did end up trying the green marble and also a pearl top to the staff, not sure if it looks overly convincing but it was nice to try something new. I think the last thing I'll do is revisit the feather cloak and add some more colours and detail before basing him up.

xBm8K0R.jpg

After a little break from painting (I have to enjoy this lovely weather) I've managed to find a little time to start the next model. My first time trying a bronze armour but I think it could work, I was thinking of adding a little verdigris to age it and possibly a few scratches. Here's how it looks so far

HZMFeoD.jpg

I hope to finish him up over the weekend and start the next model :), here is a quick snap of his face. 

KL2Hn2N.jpg

45 minutes ago, Anphiarus said:

After a little break from painting (I have to enjoy this lovely weather) I've managed to find a little time to start the next model. My first time trying a bronze armour but I think it could work, I was thinking of adding a little verdigris to age it and possibly a few scratches. Here's how it looks so far

20160618_175519_zpskx8ypym0.jpg

I hope to finish him up over the weekend and start the next model :), here is a quick snap of his face. 

20160618_175533_zpswuvy1ijx.jpg

So so GOOD! :)

Doesn't pop as much as your other models do, although the technical work is obviously top notch.  I'd definitely push ahead with the scratches and verdigris, and look forward to seeing the finished product.

MetacarpiUG, thank you very much indeed, I here it was a good tournament overall.

sious_69, I was undecided with the verdigris etc but based on your comment I decided to give it a go, thanks for the feedback it's much appreciated.

Here's a quick picture of Hammer before I base him up.

7pj7F7M.jpg

I really like the splash of colour from the verdigris, because otherwise it is a very monochromatic model.  I find your Obulus to be much more engaging visually because of the palette, but this is certainly great painting as usual.

On 6/21/2016 at 0:25 AM, sious_69 said:

I really like the splash of colour from the verdigris, because otherwise it is a very monochromatic model.  I find your Obulus to be much more engaging visually because of the palette, but this is certainly great painting as usual.

The verdigris certainly does help, thanks again. The Obulus colour scheme is certainly more vibrant and eye catching. The only issue I have with it is I seem to be using purple in just about every team I've done so far, that's why I have gone for the colours I have with the masons and I'm seriously considering another colour for Obulus, perhaps a nice red based scheme.

I have managed to throw some paint about on the lovely model that is the limited edition Flint. I must say the latest release of models do seem to be a good size bigger than the originals but I'm very much in favour, here he is.

cfiW4Al.jpgsl1A82Y.jpg

Great work! Very clean and nice faces! Your work could benefit from some more highlights here and there I think, especially the white skin. At the opposite the bronze could be darker to get an overall better contrast between the different parts. Some dark red brown can do the work