Anphiarus

I love Guild Ball miniatures!!!

These two teams are gorgeous! I really like your style - it made me think of Blizzard games...almost cartoony, but I mean it in a very positive way. Very smooth and clean with great color choices.

11 hours ago, Anphiarus said:

The snow I used was from an old citadel hero basing kit, just about enough in the bag to do a team so I'll have to find something else myself soon. Any suggestions?

I have actually found that the Gw or army painter snow is pretty good if applied in layers. So pva glue, then snow, let it dry, then more glue and more snow. Repeat as you like. It allows you to build up depth without attempting to cake it on all at once. Some people also dilute the pva a little with water and add some baking soda which then fizzes a little and adds some volume. It doesn't look as crystalline as yours though. 

Thank you all very much for your kind words. After a little hiatus from the painting table I've started to throw a little paint on Chaska. I'm not sure why but I've found him a little tough to get through, the other team members seemed very much to paint themselves but Chaska has been much more stop and start so to speak, maybe it's all those stitches and belts. Here's a little picture for you to see how he's going.

kM0agMd.jpg

Still plenty to do but I feel like he's getting there.

Chaska is all done! Although he wasn't my favourite model to paint I certainly liked painting him in the latter stages. The traps were easy enough to do, the only thing I altered was to countersink them in the base so I could hide them a little better with the snow. Just Seenah and Fahad left to go now :)

087G3mQ.jpg

On 5/19/2016 at 1:28 AM, sious_69 said:

Consider your skunk hat idea stole

Hehe, please do.

On 5/18/2016 at 9:12 PM, MiniJunkie said:

Do you have a website and/or are you taking more team commissions? :D

Once these hunters are done I'm free to do some painting if you like. Will send a pm 

Been trying out some colours on Seenah to make a semi convincing polar bear. A big thank you to Grenoir as I used your Seenah as a reference many a time. After many a failure I've come up with something I'm happy with.

Dz20MQ6.jpg

After a much longer time than I thought it would take I've finally managed to finish off Seenah. This model is my favourite of the group I think, an incredible amount of movement in such a big model and absolutely packed with detail. Just Fahad to go and the team is complete :).

QlIYuKu.jpg

CSjQumV.jpg

The last of the hunters is all finished! Fahad is deceptively difficult to paint in my opinion, not very much in the way of muscle structure to do some highlighting on and not much in the way of texture. Here's my attempt at the tricky little bugger :)

BKNjKRs.jpg

I hope to be starting a couple of season 2 captains soon

Yeah, Fahad was really tough to paint.  No texture and pretty undefined muscle mass.  I tried to replicate fur to give him some interest on both the Fahad's I did.

Still, looks great.  Group shot maybe?  Team looks pretty amazing

On 5/27/2016 at 0:23 PM, Lena said:

Wow, just wow, how do you manage to get your coats so uniform and smooth?

I can honestly say it's all down to using a wet palette, mixing your colours is much easier and you get a lot more time to use those mixes.

I've recently been working on the wonderful model that is Fillet, here's a wip shot.

8xPB6gk.jpg

She's is to be added to a team that I painted a while ago. Here's a picture of the team, apologies in advance if Steve has already shown you guys n girls.

PNt1pin.jpg

Not had much time to paint over the past day or two, it's been sunny up here in Scotland and we have to take advantage of it when we get it ;). That being said I have managed to finish off Fillet. Smoke is next on the painting table but I am very apprehensive about tackling all the coiling smoke.

T2spOpF.jpg