Anphiarus

I love Guild Ball miniatures!!!

I love the neutral palette.  It is actually very eye catching.  Your blending is top notch as well, very smooth and subtle.  I love it. 

I am incredibly jealous of your ability with Green Stuff.  I cannot seem to wrap my head around how to make it that smooth.  Great work on the Shark conversion, would be a dream to paint.

Sious_69. I'm flattered you like the team as it stands, I've been looking at your work for some time, stealing ideas and using your very high standard as something to strive for. Your output however I will never match :). As for the green stuff, the big key to getting it smooth is to leave it for about 20 mins once your happy with how it looks on the model. After that time even my clumsy chubby fingers can smooth it out.

Tommm. Caged I am indeed, please help! :lol:

Metallics, quiver and bow all done now, the end is near for Theron 

xHdVqoP.jpg

Amphiarus....

I loathe your skills.

In the most respectfully envious fashion possibly.

How do you get the greenstuff to blend so smoothly or be so flat?  When I use tools they tend to leave grooves.  How pliable do you get your greenstuff before you start molding?

TEACH ME!
(seriously, if you come to the mid east I'll buy you lunch or something to watch you greenstuff a model)

-noob

Just a quick update on the Hunter team, I've been pottering away slowly on Egret and she is pretty close to completed, just a few tweaks to do. My apologies for the photos but I just couldn't get overly decent shots of her.

7fHzt01.jpg

eigLtlf.jpg

For those of you that are wondering about the dark colour scheme and where it's gone to, the next two members of the team will act as a bit of a colour bridge and tie them all together (that's the plan as long as I can get it to work). I tried a few things on Theron and Egret to stay close to Zarola in theme but it didn't quite work out, hopefully Jaecar will provide me with more oppertunity to get all dark and moody looking again.

Noob. If I am ever down that way I'd be happy to meet up and do some sculpting.

Next up I have a little picture or two of Jaecar, as I mentioned before I'm trying to bring back in the dark theme to match Zarola. Just the arms left to do, they will be much like Theron's and Egret's with blueish tattoos. I may also revisit both Theron and Egret to make them a little darker in appearance, any suggestions on how else to achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Ue9oyPm.jpg

JRRVgPR.jpg

Next up I have a few pictures of a wip Hearne. He's a very dark model as requested by my mate but I think i have got a couple of pictures that allow you to see some of the stuff I've done so far. Just got all the metals to do and his massive hands to go (I think!).

HjICckJ.jpgchBVWfe.jpg

On 5/10/2016 at 2:11 PM, sious_69 said:

What paints are you using?  

Insanely smooth painting.  

I just use regular old Citadel colours for my models to be honest. The one thing I have started using these past 6 months that has helped my blending is a wet palette, it allows you so much more time with your mixes. It may not suit everyone but I love using it, it's also really cheap to make :)

Hearne is pretty much done now, I had to darken down his stubble a bit as it wasn't showing up well enough .I'll maybe try to squeeze a tattoo on somewhere to tie him in with the others a little more.

oXXm80J.jpg

1 hour ago, naiconn1981 said:

Are these photos from your phone?  The quality is very nice.

Very nice paint jobs as well.

They are indeed Naiconn1981, I'm a very basic point and click kinda fella :D. Thanks for the kind words

After a mammoth painting session through the night I'm finally ready to send these models to my good mate so he can take them to Vengeance this weekend! If anyone is going and you see Steve using these models please feel free to give him a kick from me for making me do it :lol:. Unfortunately I couldn't manage to push it a bit further and get Fahad done but he has a spare with some paint already on it.

Will just give you the group shot seen as the only models you've not seen already is Minx.

VMmUlH6.jpg

I'll make a start on the rest of the team once I get some rest.

Damn, they are amazing. They look like far larger scale figures in the photo, which is a testament to the smoothness and detail. Your friend is very lucky to be playing with those.

Thank you very much, I'm very happy the way the teams looks altogether. Here's hoping he has a good weekend, and all the other 120+ gamers for that matter.

On 13/05/2016 at 7:15 PM, Fitz said:

Hey, lovely work!

What do you use for the snow? It looks quite crystalline and I like it.

The snow I used was from an old citadel hero basing kit, just about enough in the bag to do a team so I'll have to find something else myself soon. Any suggestions?