Anphiarus

I love Guild Ball miniatures!!!

Been looking forward to seeing these from you!

So wonderful, top class work and especially Grange's eyes since the Plastic are lacking In the eye department. 

@Rinzen I've honestly not had the best experience working with the plastics if I'm honest. I think that is mainly down to a poor cast, some of the team had two sets of mold lines on them and it can be quite tricky removing them unless you use a sharp knife. From what I hear the casting process on a whole produces less mold lines so I'll mark this down as a rarity, I'll be interested to see how much better the Blacksmiths have turned out. Once all that clean up is done though I can honestly say I've enjoyed painting the Farmers, they do lack the crispness of the other models but I take it as another opportunity to push myself a little. I'm still perplexed by the lack of eyes though, this for me is something that should not be accepted as something a miniature can do without.

Overall I do find it more difficult to work with but I'm sure in time we and Steamforged will learn to work with the new plastics. That being said I would've liked to have another metal or resin option even if it came at a cost (purely from a painters perspective).

Plastic problems aside this week has been quite a productive one, a mate of mine asked me to do a quick job on a couple of Hunters for a tournament so here are Skatha and Snow.

cFiy3lw.jpg

Thank you all for your very kind words regarding the Farmers, I hope to have some more pictures very soon.

That's weird on the eyes, Sledge definitely had them. Wonder if it's him that's the rarity, or just a factor of him being a more recent design?

2 hours ago, Mako said:

That's weird on the eyes, Sledge definitely had them. Wonder if it's him that's the rarity, or just a factor of him being a more recent design?

I am curious about this as well. I painted a whole box of Farmers just last week for a local and could've sworn there were eyes cut into the plastic. I'll double check this weekend when I see him to see if there are noticeable cuts for eyes. Also have a few unopened boxes on the shelf at our LGS, I'm sure they wouldn't mind me opening one just to inspect the sculpt.

15 minutes ago, Pending Forum Suspension said:

I am curious about this as well. I painted a whole box of Farmers just last week for a local and could've sworn there were eyes cut into the plastic. I'll double check this weekend when I see him to see if there are noticeable cuts for eyes. Also have a few unopened boxes on the shelf at our LGS, I'm sure they wouldn't mind me opening one just to inspect the sculpt.

Hoping its a glitch in the batch, I don't like missing eyes - I'm always tempted to paint them as empty bleeding sockets :P

That face mask on Skatha is ridiculously well painted too, by the way!

@Pending Forum Suspension@Mako I'd like to think it is just a case of a poor run. I've spoken to 3 others who have the farmers team and it would seem they also have no eyes on their models but it'd be good to get an idea just how common or uncommon the issue is for this team.

Still enjoying the challenge though, here's Peck and the goal all done.

MvvfWWk.jpg

You've made me curious so I went and had a close look at my Farmers...

Same here, no eyeball detail, just essentially a flat bottomed eye socket. 

I noticed the 2 mould lines on Jackstraw too, when I first opened them up.  I assume the mould is in 3 parts so to enable them to avoid too significant an undercut or something. 

One thing that is bugging me though, enough for me to do something about it. It's Grange's saw handles, the ones above his head are way shorter than the ones lower down 😂 

@Zerachial It would also appear that Steve's dice rolls were back to his terrible best :lol:.

@Doc The handles are a tad annoying, right? I guess the easiest solution is to trim the bottom one to match the others. I think more so than most models it's all about the prep work for the farmers. I've tried to lessen the eye cavity by dropping in some paint and allowing it to dry, in hindsight I should have done something like this before spraying with PVA glue or something similar.

Still enjoying the team though and I've been painting pretty boy Tater, just the metallics and base to finish off now I think.

5i5Ccmn.jpg

6 hours ago, Anphiarus said:

@Zerachial It would also appear that Steve's dice rolls were back to his terrible best :lol:.

@Doc The handles are a tad annoying, right? I guess the easiest solution is to trim the bottom one to match the others. I think more so than most models it's all about the prep work for the farmers. I've tried to lessen the eye cavity by dropping in some paint and allowing it to dry, in hindsight I should have done something like this before spraying with PVA glue or something similar.

Still enjoying the team though and I've been painting pretty boy Tater, just the metallics and base to finish off now I think.

5i5Ccmn.jpg

Stunning and love his expression on his face (: