SFG Forums Closing On March 11th 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Sparks

The Ox Memorial Cup - Durham - 25/06/16

Flipside Cafe & Worhamma Gaming Club are running a residential gaming event named the Fated Festival in the North of England on 25-26th of June 2016 and Guild Ball will be featuring. Due to the disappointment from the various 'small' games communities at the cancellation of Kings of the North, the guys at Flipside/Worhamma have taken it upon themselves to pick up the events and run them anyway.

For the Guild Ball side of things, I'll be running a tourney of Saturday the 25th June as part of the festivities. Initially we've got allocated space for a 16 man event but this can be increased depending on demand. Rules will be as for the Regional Cup format in the OP document - 

Tournament Length - A Champion is Crowned

Match Win Condition - Play to the Final Whistle

Round Length - Team Tactics

Team Roster Selection - Strength in Depth (8 man roster)

Match Roster Selection - Hide the team sheet

Teams must be fully painted as stated in the OP document.

Games will be played on clocks so you will have to bring your own timing devices - there's any number of free chess clock apps available for mobile devices including the fantastic GBTimer on iOS.

Round times will be as follows:

9.00 - 9.30 - Registration

9.30 - 11.30 - Rd 1

11.30 - 1.30 - Rd 2

1.30 - 2.00 - Lunch

2.00 - 4.00 - Rd 3

4.00 - 6.00 - Rd 4

Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Best Painted & Best Goal. I'm also in the process of getting some other bits and pieces sorted too.

The Fated Festival gaming weekend is to be held at:

Moor House Adventure Centre

Houghten Le Spring

Durham

DH4 6QY

Tickets are £15 a day or £20 if you want residential, so £30 or £40 if you want two days. The residential tickets, 'Saturday' tickets will give you accommodation at the venue on the Friday night & access to your chosen event on the Saturday while 'Sunday' Residential tickets are accommodation Saturday night with event ticket for the Sunday games. 

Day tickets include Lunch, Residential tickets include Breakfast & Lunch. Dinner will be available at the venue at extra cost.

Please send payment to sales@worhamma.com as a gift. Please include your name, email address, which days you are planning to attend (which events you wish to attend), whether you are residential and any allergies etc that we need to be aware of in the notes.  

We would love as many of you as possible to come and show your support. It would be greatly appreciated.

Paid List

Neil Peckett 

Owen Bell

Trev Moffat

Connor Barker

Joe Taylor

Paul Wind

Callum Dougherty

Richard Oxman

It's not far out from Durham city centre. It's on a main route between Durham / Houghton-le-Spring / Sunderland so there's generally busses going by with a couple of stops nearby both directions. There's also a fair amount of onsite parking for those arriving by car.

12 hours ago, Neil Peckett said:

Hi, are there spaces available for this? Got a gang of 3 keen on coming down if yes! 

Cheers,

Neil

Sure. We still have places. If we get enough interest we might be able to expand places too.

Sorry, forums been acting up for me.

I'm currently trying to get the list together. There's a few more that I've heard of but the guys taking payment are having to wade through a few invoices to get names properly - there are currently 4 systems with ticket sales going through across the 2 days.

On 20 June 2016 at 9:42 AM, Neil Peckett said:

@Captain Sparks I would also appreciate an update on the sleeping arrangements, thanks! :)

You'll need a Duvet/Sleeping Bag & a Pillow. 

On 21 June 2016 at 5:51 PM, Clanger said:

Any update on the numbers? 

If there are only 8 of us it could be quite cool to see one of each guild (Union don't count). 

I think the numbers are still the same. Maybe a couple more but I'll see tomorrow on club night.