SFG Forums Closing On March 11th 2019 Read more... ×
Vegomantis

Plays anyone still the union?

Hi,
only 903 posts...almost no new threads?! I'm increasingly concerned about "our" guild. Are you playing now hunters? Or with Smoke ;) Does anyone know the tournament results in recent weeks? 

I'll admit, my Union team has lost a bit of luster for me, but it also mostly existed as a "I have all the models anyway" sort of deal.  Still a really powerful team, but others gained a lot more variety in season 2 and generally have a flavor that appeals to me more.  

We don't have any new toys. Or more accurately we got our toys earlier.

I'm still smacking people around with Gutter and Veteran Rage while Mist is still Mist (I scored the other day after he had his shins smashed... my opponent was less than happy). 

I'm really looking forward to having to learn new strategies with the new plot cards and season two captains. Hemlocke might actually get played more now that fillet and team bleed are a thing.

I've still been playing Union at tournaments, 1 mid march (Bourbon Trail open) and then at the Adepticon tournament in the beginning of April. I was traveling a lot throughout March and April along with running my own tournament (Huzzah Spring Fling) so didn't make the time to put up tournament reports. At this point I don't really remember much about the specific games but I covered them on the Gamers Lounge podcast a bit.

In my regular gaming night games I've started to get some games with Capt. Rage but have also been playing around with my Morticians as they are currently rolling off my painting table. I have really been looking forward to Hunters so will be playing them a fair bit as well, although I'm not sure if they'll jump into my tournament rotation.

I play union exclusively but they've killed off two of my favorite characters and all 3 of the season 2 models don't really offer anything for how I like to play which is goal scoring =/

1 minute ago, Jaebe said:

I play union exclusively but they've killed off two of my favorite characters and all 3 of the season 2 models don't really offer anything for how I like to play which is goal scoring =/

Have you played around with:

• Blackheart
  • Coin
  • Decimate
  • Snakeskin
  • Mist
  • Averisse & Greede

I found it plays as an awfully agile scoring team with A&G providing the extra activation to assure a last activation goal threat each turn.

I'll come back to them at some point but Harry was terrible and vRage hasn't quite excited me like Blackheart. I'm just not sure vRage killing people is as exciting as Blackheart killing people AND ALSO SCORING.

Maybe when Strongbox comes out.

I play exclusively Union at Tournaments.  One in March at the Bourbon open and one of the 16 man tournaments at Adepticon.  10th and 3rd, respectively.  Blackheart on the first and VRage on the second.  I have the entirety of the Buctchers and Alchemists lines but they seem like one day, when I take them out of their boxes, they'll be fun side guilds but I love the Union.  Hate the fate of Coin though.

Strongbox will be fun with VRage.  Coin will always be BH's second love.  First would be Gutter,  his princess. :P

30 minutes ago, Nix said:

• Blackheart
  • Coin
  • Decimate
  • Snakeskin
  • Mist
  • Averisse & Greede

I found it plays as an awfully agile scoring team with A&G providing the extra activation to assure a last activation goal threat each turn.

That's the list, but there's no season 2 models in it, which was the point.

Harry being out for so long and so... not... good... for so long I suspect is a lot of it for most people.

1 hour ago, EpicChris said:

Aye. But the fluff changes to BH and Coin are make me sadder. I thought there was a rich seam of backstory there and now...nothing.

:(

At least they have a complete story arc?

5 hours ago, LunarSol said:

That's the list, but there's no season 2 models in it, which was the point.

Harry being out for so long and so... not... good... for so long I suspect is a lot of it for most people.

Yeah exactly. I like that team and slight variations of it but season 2 added nothing for that play style and killed off another of my favorite characters lol. If Mist dies I'll riot.

The Union are a great team, I really enjoy them and they have managed to get me up 5 I think in the rankings so I cannot complain. Season 2 has unfortunately given them nothing as all the new team members are just not as good as their season 1 counter parts. Strong box is fun but is no Coin.

The fluff does give me pause for thought. Was playing them last night and had...

1. Vet. Rage
  2. Coin (Dead)
  3. Gutter (Alive but would most definitely not be on the same pitch as Vet. Rage)
  4. Minx (Reclaimed by Hunters)
  5. Snakeskin (Dead)
  6. Fangtooth (My only loyal still breathing player)

Couldn't shake the feeling that the team wasn't "fluff legal" ;) 

...but I guess this applies to the Guilds as well. Got to remember GB is an abstract game and that includes some of the match ups.

Blackheart was not an interesting character fluff wise - I am not sorry he was killed off.

Union don't really appeal to me as a team (and I prefer to play my other Guilds without them as much as possible), but.I'm sure I'll end up playing them a bit as like most people, I've already got practically a full team line up without even really trying...

On 29.4.2016 at 3:25 PM, Nix said:

• Blackheart
  • Coin
  • Decimate
  • Snakeskin
  • Mist
  • Averisse & Greede

My goal scoring team is:

• Blackheart
  • Coin
  • Decimate
  • Snakeskin
  • Mist
  • Snakeskin

Nevertheless, i am very disappointed about season 2.