Percy Blakeney

Season 2 rules online?

1 hour ago, Mako said:

It is only 7.30 am, so I'd imagine you can ease off the F5 key for a couple of hours at least :D

It is a pain for those with sanctioned tournaments this close to the season change, but the guys will be on it - likely there's been a little snag somewhere along the line, and they've spent the weekend ironing it out. I would imagine they'll be reasonable about using S1 before the book is in people's hands/online, after all there's only so much a pundit can do to secure the rules on release day!

Haha it is 8pm here in NZ and still hanging out for them, but hey we'll see them when we see them guys.

1 hour ago, Neil Peckett said:

They have not remotely been 'on it'

If there is a snag somewhere along the line, complete radio silence on release weekend isn't really the way to go about communicating it. 

This.  

Looks like the Kickstarter is getting updates, why isn't the community for the product that actually made the company successful?

19 minutes ago, Percy Blakeney said:

This.  

Looks like the Kickstarter is getting updates, why isn't the community for the product that actually made the company successful?

Breaking News

Steamforged Games have this morning announced that they are no longer intending to support their original game, Guild Ball.

In an official statement Rich Loxam said "Have you seen the kind of money the Dark Souls fans are throwing at us? Sod wasting time on trying to maintain and balance a wargame... Now where did I put that glass of bubbly?"

He then proceded to drop a microphone and moonwalk off the podium singing I'm in the Money.

In other news, I sent a message saturday to the guild ball facebook page with the question where the S2 stuff was, and got a response sunday that he (not really sure who) wasn't sure why it wasn't online yet and would look into it at the office.

This release has been a massive letdown for me... I haven't been able to get a copy through my LGS apparently due to a low supply in Australia and I can't even get the rules online 2 days after the official release.

It would be fine, when they talk with us. Why it isn't online? When can we expect it? Will be informed (twitter, facebook, forum)?

Now it is just two days after promising and many people refresh the site. And with every refresh without a new rulebook they got more disappointed. And all of this isn't necessary with some informations

1 minute ago, prometheanZer0 said:

Meh I can deal with it. I have no idea when my FLGS will have s2, as I'm in the States and need to wait for ACD to have it first. I am pretty patient. 

On a personal level the delay is mostly annoying, but from the point of view of a company managing the transition from S1 to S2 it's something of a failure. If one of the qualities of your game is to have all the rules available for free and you can't or won't (I don't really care which it is at this point) have the S2 rules available at the start of S2, why not postpone the official kick-off date for the season? It's silly to make S2 plot cards mandatory when a large part of your player base doesn't have real access to them. It's also not a lot of fun to deal with rules issues at events where half the players have (and probably want to use) the S2 rules but the other half doesn't. I'd still be annoyed if SFG had made the deliberate decision to postpone the release of the online rules as well as the start of S2, but that would just have been impatience. The situation as is now on the other hand seems unnecessarily impractical.

There is one SFG account super responsive on the KS for Dark Souls though.

And, more surprisingly, the twitter @GuildBall that asks about Miniature Mondays. 

1 hour ago, MacTuitui said:

There is one SFG account super responsive on the KS for Dark Souls though.

And, more surprisingly, the twitter @GuildBall that asks about Miniature Mondays. 

Not sure about super responsive, but a large part of that may be to do with the agreements made with Bandai. Either way, it's past 4pm in the UK now so I'm going to assume the files won't be made available today either. Bummer.

Digital download will be up within a few days, its just taking a little longer due to a few edits needed to make it downloadable friendly.

Apologies for the delay but we can assure you its being worked on. 

As far as stock issues - all distributors have been serviced with product however a lot have sold out of the initial wave due to demand. Product is moving out of our warehouse on a daily basis so you should start to see it become available soon.

47 minutes ago, Mullered said:

its almost like they read a manual fromGamesworkshop on how to communicate 

Games Workshop with their newly found, excellent engagement with the community? That Games Workshop?

Neil

A print ready copy is not the same as having a good pdf copy ready - it's actually fiddly to go from the pre-print copy to a pdf which is going to function correctly. Easy to make it into a pdf as such but it will have glitches and be massive - so its better to make a good copy at a reasonable size for downloads. I base this on work done with rules for Ganesha Games and having to run the print ready copy/ pdf download gauntlet. 

Just saying - I know its annoying (I am waiting too) but its probably understandable if someone underestimated what it would take to go from one format to another.

22 minutes ago, Steamforged said:

Digital download will be up within a few days, its just taking a little longer due to a few edits needed to make it downloadable friendly.

Apologies for the delay but we can assure you its being worked on. 

As far as stock issues - all distributors have been serviced with product however a lot have sold out of the initial wave due to demand. Product is moving out of our warehouse on a daily basis so you should start to see it become available soon.

I'm not worried about the delay, that's fine.  It's the lack of communication until now. You would have saved a lot of grumbling in my local meta if you had posted this notice on Saturday.  It's hard for me to defend Steamforged to my players when I don't know anything.

Anyway, you've communicated now, and I'll pass the word to my players.  

You guys do remember this is a free PDF of the rules that you are talking about? Yes it can be frustrating that you don't get things when you expect to, but if you purchased the rulebook, you'd likely have it by now and the fact that you are being given the rules without having to pay for them at all should mean that a few days delay is worth the wait.

As for the communication, sure, no response. However, it was a weekend and these guys do deserve some time off now and again. Also, they may have had a reason not to announce anything before now and those reason's aren't necessarily our right to know

Just to clarify, I'm not an employee, I'm not affiliated with Steamforged and I'm not even a pundit. I'm just a gamer that hasn't yet got a rulebook, but is grateful that if I don't pay for the rules, sooner or later I will have access to them anyway.

17 minutes ago, Percy Blakeney said:

A post on page 2 of a subforum is not communication. Where's the social media presence?

I mean, by any sane definition it is.  Especially as people are on here bitching about not having free stuff immediately. "OH NOES THEY DID NOT USE THE TWEETS! PLUS THEY DID NOT RESPOND OF THE WEEKEND! SAVAGES!"

7 minutes ago, Brax Jaxon said:

You guys do remember this is a free PDF of the rules that you are talking about? Yes it can be frustrating that you don't get things when you expect to, but if you purchased the rulebook, you'd likely have it by now and the fact that you are being given the rules without having to pay for them at all should mean that a few days delay is worth the wait.

As for the communication, sure, no response. However, it was a weekend and these guys do deserve some time off now and again. Also, they may have had a reason not to announce anything before now and those reason's aren't necessarily our right to know

Just to clarify, I'm not an employee, I'm not affiliated with Steamforged and I'm not even a pundit. I'm just a gamer that hasn't yet got a rulebook, but is grateful that if I don't pay for the rules, sooner or later I will have access to them anyway.

That would be great if they didn't require that all of the tournaments that happened last Saturday use the new rules and plot cards.

Look, we can understand what probably happened - they got caught up in Dark Soulds fanfare and let the Season Two "kick off" pass by without notice. But ultimately they said they'd do something and then didn't without any communication. It's not whining to expect at least a heads-up, especially for those running tournaments that needed tons of those new plot cards.