Sign in to follow this  
Grenoir

Alternate colour schemes

Wondering whether to go with a different colour scheme than the greens and browns with the new Hunters, as they could be back from/about to hunt in any environment than a green pitch.

Do others have any ideas?  Was thinking of a frozen wasteland scheme with whites and dark blues, along the lines of this;

wildlings-game-of-thrones-31113102-960-6

In my head I see green, brown and orange on my hunters... Yes the green is obvious but I just can't find a color scheme without some kind of green in it.

For inspiration I think the old Wood Elves are great :) 

I think to really pull off these types of colors you need to mute those colors at the base coat level. A bit of black or brown will do it, but I like adding a bit of the complimentary color, like adding a tiny bit of blue to orange, for a more "natural" look

On 12/04/2016 at 11:42 AM, Grenoir said:

Wondering whether to go with a different colour scheme than the greens and browns with the new Hunters, as they could be back from/about to hunt in any environment than a green pitch.

Do others have any ideas?  Was thinking of a frozen wasteland scheme with whites and dark blues, along the lines of this;

wildlings-game-of-thrones-31113102-960-6

You could do Seenah as a polar bear?

Not sure what to do with mine yet - I ended up doing Fishermen and Alchemists in pretty close to the studio scheme, but might be fun to do my own thing for the Hunters...

On 4/12/2016 at 2:46 PM, Cincinnati GBC said:

That looks really good Grenoir. The green and orange doesn't sound like it should work, but looks really good I think. I'm out of space to link pictures or I would try to show my Minx and Hemlocke, even though I'm not a very good painter. 

I second this... the green and orange do look great.

They look fantastic, not bad for 3 day's work either! I wish I could paint that fast. I have assembled and primed mine and I started work on Theron last night but it's going to be weeks before they're close to finished! Personally I'm going for a more green and brown colour scheme in line with the artwork but I'm a sucker for studio schemes.