AngelRage

Snap shot and run the length

Couldn't find this in the clarification post:

Can the active model (the one who made the pass) use Run the Length after a (successful) Snap Shot taken by its teammate?

The wording: 

After scoring a goal, the active model may spend [1] MP to make a [4"] dodge before their activation ends.

The grammar suggests it is only when active model scores the goal that allows this to trigger. But I suppose it could refer to the team or the player?

Thanks in advance for the help! 

I think at the moment the snapshot is taken the 'active model' is the kicker, not the passer.

I guess he would be able to move, but not the model that generated the momentum that was spent as a snapshot.

Bill

Not so, the active model is the model currently being activated (pg29). Snap shot even specifically states that the model is making an out of activation kick (pg59). As written it would appear the answer is yes the passer can run the length. Now if snap shot said "after the active model scores a goal, they may..." it would be a different story. Guess its time to put on the ceremonial garb and do the Lawyer summoning dance to clarify this mess :P

13 hours ago, Pirate Captain said:

Not so, the active model is the model currently being activated (pg29).

P. 27. ;) The .pdf pages nrs are different from the ones on the actual pages.

More to the point, the very next line says that if another model does an action while a model is being activated, that other model temporarily becomes the active model. Run the Length refers to an activation though, which should mean it's the model being activated that gets the option to use it. That wording might be altered for the S2 rules version, I have no idea if there's been any concern about this.

On 07/04/2016 at 7:49 AM, AngelRage said:

Couldn't find this in the clarification post:

Can the active model (the one who made the pass) use Run the Length after a (successful) Snap Shot taken by its teammate?

No, Run the Length is an action that the active model can take after scoring a goal.  The model that made the Snap Shot is the active model in this instance.

Cheers :)