• Announcements

• Mako

Training Ground   02/14/2018

There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!
Banjulhu

The new mascot

3 hours ago, Refused8778 said:

Who's to say that the Fisherman's home pitch is a normal grass field. It says in the fluff that games were originally played in the streets of villages and the like. I like to think that the individual Guild pitches would provide a distinct home town advantage. Maybe the Fisherman's Pitch has pools, or is built near a pier, or something of that nature which would provide Tentacles area to play from.

Lol, I actually just built a Fisherman pitch yesterday with the same idea, Though I think they might also play on a beach? Didn't think of that till after I'd done the pier, In any regards I think that splash art for this new mascot is pretty cool.  I look forward to seeing what this guy looks like put on the table, and his performance abilities in the game.

6 hours ago, JS said:

Tentacles might be the complete opposite - 40mm or 50mm base, MOV 3/5", 2-3" melee and hangs around the goal post all the time, taking up real estate and just being annoying for opposing strikers.

Shots on goal will be centre to centre as of S2, I've been told. A 50mm base would force a [-1] dice pool penalty to a ridiculously large chunk of the pitch, I don't see that happening. 

2 minutes ago, Pangur Ban said:

Shots on goal will be centre to centre as of S2, I've been told. A 50mm base would force a [-1] dice pool penalty to a ridiculously large chunk of the pitch, I don't see that happening. 

There are already two models in the game with 50mm bases though - Colossus and Bonesaw...

32 minutes ago, FearLord said:

There are already two models in the game with 50mm bases though - Colossus and Bonesaw...

Sure, but those are actual players rather than mascots and both of them arguably need to be further up the pitch to realize their full potential. I have much less reservations about permanently parking a mascot in front of my goal post than I do with a regular player (barring goal keeper types like Tenderizer, of course). People already do this with Salt's 30mm base anyway.

Well if the SF guys have been reading their David Attenbourgh then he will have:

- Smoke Cloud not Blind (that's Squids and movie science)

- Venomous Strike (Octopuses/i are poisonous)

- Slow but probably got Close Control (They're tool users yo!)

- Maybe Clone/Decoy - they can camouflage themselves.

1) Its only a cloud under water. Above water it would come out as a squirt which could easily blind someone.

2) If we are going by the logic that an octopus can play soccer, we can use movie logic/science and say he can squirt ink to blind people.

Also given his tentacles I agree with the close control. 

20 minutes ago, Scruffymatt said:

1) Its only a cloud under water. Above water it would come out as a squirt which could easily blind someone.

2) If we are going by the logic that an octopus can play soccer, we can use movie logic/science and say he can squirt ink to blind people.

Also given his tentacles I agree with the close control. 

I think the tentacles could be used to justify a 2" melee zone.

If I were making this mascot:

30MM base (normal sized Octopus)  2" melee (tentacles have a long/wide reach)

4"/6" move (outside of water they do not move very fast)

TAC 4 (lots of arms)

Kick 1/4" (lots of arms, just not overly powerful)

Def 4+ (slippery little buggers)

Arm 0

Inf 1/3

Close Control

Blind

Momentous Tackle on 1 success

1" dodge also on the playbook track

1 damage

Maybe non-momentous Blind

Edited by Scruffymatt
spelling

I suspect Tentacles will be pushes rather than dodges and closer to Tac 2 than Tac 4.

:1: is all but a given as there is no model in the game that does not have at least one damaging result as far as I can remember

Momentous tackle is possible but by and large most fish only come with an easy non-momentous Tackle so I think a normal :T: on a 1st or 2nd column is more probable.

Unless it gets its own special character play, Blind would not be playbook result as it only has an inf cost, but a minor debuff power could work well for the fish.

The way an octopus moves dodges would be more apt than pushes. They also don't really have the strength to push.

And so far yeah, Blind is not a playbook result. Nothing to say it can't become one though. Squirt them in the eyes then take the ball. :)

11 minutes ago, Scruffymatt said:

The way an octopus moves dodges would be more apt than pushes. They also don't really have the strength to push.

And so far yeah, Blind is not a playbook result. Nothing to say it can't become one though. Squirt them in the eyes then take the ball. :)

As plays are identical across players, Blind won't change. He could get something similar but different though...

There is an image doing the rounds of a blurry shot of Tentacle's card.

His playbook appears to be 3 columns long with 2 results in each and each colunm seems to have a momentous result in them.

Play is hard to figure out, it's title is short and there does not seem to enough in the cost area for it to have a :P: trigger so it could be Blind.

8 to 10 damage boxes

Here is the card for the new Mascot. Its is about 2 or 3 weeks old from Facebook.

He hat got Tac 3, 3 Mom and 3 non Mom Playbook Results and 8 to Boxes.

Greetings Iceman

12939476_1018174214928804_61520940_n.png

14 hours ago, TowerNate said:

LOL, and he promptly was hired on after a try out by the Fisherman guild. THanks for that link, cool article. As a long time Lovecraft fan, I am loving the new mascot.