Banjulhu

The new mascot

Lol, that pretty much sums it up.  Still, if you can suspend disbelief that a cat, otter, snake etc can play football then a land-dwelling octopus is no big stretch :blink:

Really interested to see his card. It will be interesting to see if he really is better than Salt or is just different. 

If Salt was a 2/4" kick I think he would be like 50% more useful. Just my opinion of course. 

Salt isn't that bad. He's an extremely mobile crowding out bonus and provides a great buff for Angel. The trick is not trying to do much. Sure he's bad compared to Scum, but neither of our captains is 3/4 INF. He doesn't have synergy like Princess, but he doesn't force bunching up and order of activation in the same way. He's basically in the same class as Dirge and Flask.

I can't imagine that Tentacles is going to be all that mobile, but it would be cool to have a mascot that is kind of a goalie, if only one who provides a bit of intervening model modifiers. Most of that time that's what Salt does, so if he's a little better at that maybe it means people will try to do more with Salt than just sit him back there.

20 minutes ago, Frostmane said:

Sure he's bad compared to Scum, but neither of our captains is 3/4 INF. He doesn't have synergy like Princess, but he doesn't force bunching up and order of activation in the same way. He's basically in the same class as Dirge and Flask.

Tapper isn't 3 INF, he's 5 INF in all the most important ways. 

If Tentacles proves to be a combat bonus provider (via 2" reach for example) and good blocker in the backfield that wont make people go out and try to do more with Salt all it will do is make people stop using Salt.

If this new mascot is to not replace salt, without being equally useless, then he needs a new focus. If this guy had synergy with killy-style fish teams, then those teams would prefer him to Salt, while normal fish would still prefer Salt for his speed.

15 minutes ago, Jorenm said:

If this new mascot is to not replace salt, without being equally useless, then he needs a new focus. If this guy had synergy with killy-style fish teams, then those teams would prefer him to Salt, while normal fish would still prefer Salt for his speed.

True!

This sucker will have a  guild ball blind and tackles and dodges and pulls out the wazoo.  Follow up even.  Slow speed and goal tender.  Hahahha man I actually lI've the look of this guy.   Stupid otter... if he wasn't so damn cute...  also I have to say loved animal is way better on paper than in practice.

So far, the Season 2 Captains have been "different, but not better." Shark is super mobile, greedy and scores all the goals. Corsair is slow, a team enabler, and tanks/fights like a boss. 
So, Salt is low TAC, high DEF, mobile, no team buff. Stands to reason that Tentacles here would be high(er) TAC, lower DEF, slow, and maybe a buff for the team. Tooled up or Dirty Knives would be really good for a Corsair-led SwordFish team.

2 hours ago, WWJonnyD said:

This sucker will have a  guild ball blind and tackles and dodges and pulls out the wazoo.  Follow up even.  Slow speed and goal tender.  Hahahha man I actually lI've the look of this guy.   Stupid otter... if he wasn't so damn cute...  also I have to say loved animal is way better on paper than in practice.

Not for masons and Butchers it isn't, we love it when our mascot dies :D The trick is to force the kill on it early in the turn.

1 hour ago, Woodrow said:

Tooled up or Dirty Knives would be really good for a Corsair-led SwordFish team.

If Tentacles has Tooled Up then I can pretty much guarantee that Salt never sees play again

My guess will be that he is slow as molasses and the Fish equivalent of a goal tender. Salt is good at (or rather 'seems like he should be good at') retrieving loose balls, being quick on the move, getting where he needs to be. Tentacles might be the complete opposite - 40mm or 50mm base, MOV 3/5", 2-3" melee and hangs around the goal post all the time, taking up real estate and just being annoying for opposing strikers.

Who's to say that the Fisherman's home pitch is a normal grass field. It says in the fluff that games were originally played in the streets of villages and the like. I like to think that the individual Guild pitches would provide a distinct home town advantage. Maybe the Fisherman's Pitch has pools, or is built near a pier, or something of that nature which would provide Tentacles area to play from. I picture the Fisherman's goal to be surrounded by a sort of Pond and Tentacles is in there. Waiting...