anamnesis

Anamnesis painting corner

Hi,

I've been really impress with the mini from guild ball and after doing a little demo game, i found it pretty cool and that's how i got a fishermen starter in the mail the following week! :P

So i feel in love with Siren and choose the fishermen mostly for her, all of the minis got very nice sculpt, with the exception of shark, i don't really like the pose so i'm planning on changing it.

Since it's only 6-8 mini to paint, i thought it would be a good opportunity to do something special, so after searching idea, here is what i've come up for the base idea, with a prepared angel ready for primer!

Painted picture will follow when i have time to paint since time is short for the moment sadly..

So here is a picture of a angel and her little base

IMAG0544_zpsim5vgk0s.jpg

And the second is shark in is current stat *warning graphic content*

IMG-20160313-WA0003_zps23s9fpb8.jpeg

Comments and critisices most welcomed!

Anamnesis

Nice base bro, very cool to see it before it is primed and be able to utilise it for my own education around mini's

Also being a butchers player I am more than happy to see shark in that state of disrepair.....

Thanks for the comments guys!

So i've been kinda productive this week-end (meaning i did something..) and i have finished salt prepping and basing minus the little crab/fish/something i want to add in the bucket.

IMAG0554_zpsvnapgazs.jpg

After that, i did start painting Angel because i was tired of mostly prepping minis, so i began working on her boots and tights which i had hell of a time to make them look okayish. Still not sure about it. left boot is mostly finished and right need finishing

IMAG0555_zpswqcxc2ss.jpg

Anyway comments and criticises most welcome as always!

Anamnesis

So i had an evening to paint, and continued working on angel. She's just a lovely mini :wub:

I mostly did the face and the upper body skin which might need some adjustement, but i'm really happy with her right now. It was a real pleasure to paint it, and i can't wait to see all the team painting. Which if i continue like that and by my totally accurate calculation should be around 2017 :lol:

Was also the first time i tried to do colored iris which look really cool i think, i'll do that again!

WIP_angel_zpsdbin5nsg.jpg

Anyway comment, critise and inspiratione most welcome!

Cheers!

Anamnesis

Face and makeup look great. Just the thought of a coloured iris makes me break out in a cold sweat and those look great.

Looking forward to seeing where she ends up.

Love her eyes and makeup, very impressive! I'm not sold on the hair at the moment, but it might look better once her headscarf is done. Not sure if you've finished her eyebrows but they look a bit heavy to me.

Fish scales look great! Are you going to paint the scales on the rest of the team in the same way?

Thanks for the feedback guys!

On 30/3/2016 at 1:47 PM, Erahf said:

Love her eyes and makeup, very impressive! I'm not sold on the hair at the moment, but it might look better once her headscarf is done. Not sure if you've finished her eyebrows but they look a bit heavy to me.

Fish scales look great! Are you going to paint the scales on the rest of the team in the same way?

To answer you question, the hair and eyebrows are not finished mostly a test on this smale part but the more i look at it the less i'm sold.

If i can remember the colors, then yes i'm planning on doing the same on the other guys :P

Thanks you very much for checking and commenting!

Anamnesis

Hey guys, i'm back with progress! First thanks for all your comments.

I made a few progess on angel but i'm still undecided on a few colours, so instead i did the base since à was pretty sure of what my goal was

Here is the result

Fish_base_zpsmj7uxz6l.jpg

Just missing the water effect, really fun base to do!

Thanks for checking

Anamnesis

Hello Anamnesis, 

Your work on your Fishers is awesome !

The skin is beautiful and contrasted !

Can't wait to see the rest of your team 

On 4/4/2016 at 3:52 PM, Aybarra said:

Hello Anamnesis, 

Your work on your Fishers is awesome !

The skin is beautiful and contrasted !

Can't wait to see the rest of your team 

Hey thanks for the comment!

Continuing the WIP pic, i think i found all the colour for my scheme this time after doing her sleeves like 6 or 7 time, but now i can say she'll be finish soon.

Really hard to pick colours, i'm also working on shark which will be a big conversion based on the artwork on the season 1 rule book, and salt will have a nice easter egg on his base!

As you can see, i'm probably the slowest guy on those forum :unsure:

Angel_zpszlutmova.jpg

Hey ho i'm not dead :P

And i managed to finish Angel last night, since the last two weeks have been really busy.

After painting about 9-10times the sleeve, i settled on this greenish tint which i really like, i then procedeed to finish the mini, the first one is always more difficult because of the color scheme.

Still missing the water effect, the mini is not varnished yet, after that i can have fun with the waves :)

Without further ado, i present to you Angel first fisherman(woman?) !

Front_zpsekuzlb9a.jpg

Back_zps9h84hibr.jpg

Side_zps0rgn4qk6.jpg

Comments and criticises most welcome :)

Anamnesis

I love this mini. She is my favourite fisherman to date by a long way.

The base is already awesome,  I'm looking forward to see that water effect and those waves. By the way, I'm very interested by any tuto/explanation on the base. I never tried it before but it scares me a lot.

21 hours ago, Grenoir said:

I like that green too!  Would be nice to carry that shade through with the rest of the team?

That's the point :)

16 hours ago, Hyrune said:

I love this mini. She is my favourite fisherman to date by a long way.

The base is already awesome,  I'm looking forward to see that water effect and those waves. By the way, I'm very interested by any tuto/explanation on the base. I never tried it before but it scares me a lot.

My favorite is Siren but Angel isn't far off ;)

What would like to know about the base? Feel free to ask, i'll try my best to answer :)

Thanks for checking!

Anamnesis

I'm always eager to learn more ^_^

For the water:

• The paint used under the water effect? (ie the current step)
  • The water effect product and how it's done and how do you create the waves (ie next steps)?

For the wooden planks:

• I suppose it's made of balsa or other real wood
  • How do you paint it?