anamnesis

Anamnesis painting corner

4 hours ago, Hyrune said:

I'm always eager to learn more ^_^

For the water:

• The paint used under the water effect? (ie the current step)
  • The water effect product and how it's done and how do you create the waves (ie next steps)?

For the wooden planks:

• I suppose it's made of balsa or other real wood
  • How do you paint it?

I give you a rundown of the paint used at home, cause i wrote the recipe.

The water effect is Vallejo water effect, spread on the support a thick layer then with a little spoon or something similaire just touch the surface and pull, i've seen this technique on youtube mostly (search for water effect and waves i think). I will also add a bit of white to the top of the wave to be more realistic, and probably tint the wave themselves.

Considering the plank, you can see the construction at the beggining of this thread, it is indeed a piece of balsa wood marked with the back of a cutter, no too deep to not cut through, then marked the vein of the wood with a stiff old toothbrush. add crak with a cutter or a pointer.

The pillar a just kitchen wood stick to make "brochette", cut to the desired lentgh. i had a piece of bark and small piece of stone beneath the balsa to make it easier and represent the shore.

Then it's just sprayed with standard primer :)

If it's not clear enough just tell me and i'll see if i'm able to do a mini tuto

Wow that is mind bogglingly good. Is she resin or metal? I've got metal fishermen, and only really recently investigated the resins. I might have to buy a resin team to paint up for display only.

Sorry, ignore me, of course she's metal, just looked at your very first picture again!!

So final pic of angel with the base done, next on the line is the cuttest otter ever!

Angel2_zpstvqpmzcf.jpg

Shark is in a shameful state for the moment, the pose i was working on doesn't look good so i have to do something else my sculpting skill being quite non existent.. Siren is also primed and ready to be painted and i just recieve kraken and corsair, sadly greyscale is still in backorder :(

I'm going to the army for one month so my log wont progress much in the mean time, but give me plenty of time to think what to do with my goal then :)

Also dark souls 3 took some momentum of guild ball i have to admit :rolleyes:

Enjoy

A truly stunning example of this model, the colour choices you've made are perfect and the base sets the scene incredibly well. Very well done indeed Anamnesis. I hope Dark Souls 3 doesn't stop you from completing this team as I'm really looking forward to watching this to the end, no matter how long it takes.

Thanks for the kind words, dark souls is just a minor setback :P

i really want to finish this team just because i really really like the models, and i'v been on a winning streak with them, my friend alread claiming fish op :rolleyes:

cheers!

Hey ho,

I'm back from the army and so the painting adventure continu!

I've started playing a bit with salt yesterday, i really like the little otter, it's so different from the usual human stuff :)

Anyway here is a wip of everyone favorite otter! the base has been built with a little easter egg attached ;)

Salt_zpsj5sgdblo.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality :( I dont know why there are white strips...

Anamnesis

It's just incredible. Thank you for the step by step and sharing your techniques (which i wil definitely attempt to apply, especially the water). Congratulations, want to see the whole team finished ;)

On April 27, 2016 at 5:47 AM, anamnesis said:

Hey ho i'm not dead :P

And i managed to finish Angel last night, since the last two weeks have been really busy.

After painting about 9-10times the sleeve, i settled on this greenish tint which i really like, i then procedeed to finish the mini, the first one is always more difficult because of the color scheme.

Still missing the water effect, the mini is not varnished yet, after that i can have fun with the waves :)

Without further ado, i present to you Angel first fisherman(woman?) !

Front_zpsekuzlb9a.jpg

Back_zps9h84hibr.jpg

Side_zps0rgn4qk6.jpg

Comments and criticises most welcome :)

Anamnesis

Simply gorgeous! :o

Hey thanks for the comments, i've been away a bit moving and everything, but i'm still trying to follow a bit the forum :)

For the paint line, i'm using mostly scale 75 now with a bit of vallejo and citadel paint, if you need more information just ask :)

Thanks!

Anamnesis

Following my holidays, i have finally finished the base for salt who's been waiting on my shelve for ages! Well i realise when putting up the picture that i forgot a few things but i'll will corect them just before the water effect :)

Without further ado, here is salt in all his majestic glory!

20161014_000038_zpsiavcgtb1.jpg

20161014_000048_zpsjya5o2bg.jpg

20161014_000101_zpskrdhczzx.jpg

Cheers!

Anamnesis

I realise now that the pics are a bit to big and blurry sorry for that :(

Hey thanks Anphiarus,

I'm still slowly working on it yes :) let's say slow and steady :rolleyes:

I'm not sure who's next, maybe Siren since she's already primed and i've been very very lazy with my airbrush, too much set up for me <_<

Shark is in a miserable state so i've lost a bit of motivation, gladly if found one of the kickstarter pose thanks to grenoir, so maybe i'll paint Shark when he arrive! (Voting Grenoir for the rest of my painter life now :lol: )

Anyway thanks for checking !

Anamnesis