Sign in to follow this  
niceas

Hunter's Guild Goals

I kind of want a tribal (Native American, Celtic, or African would all do) feel for the paintscheme, with lots of warpaint/tattoos, so i'm probably going to do a totem pole for the goal. My other idea was a campfire/bonfire, but I don't trust myself to paint fire well enough for it to be a centerpiece.

I have started to sculpt a bear totem out of a piece of foam. 

I'll try to put an owl on top of it if possible and than add trinkets, runes and mystic stuff. 

Maybe we can launch a friendly "create your hunters goal post" competition as people are getting more and more excited for the release that could work and be fun :)  

I think I'm going to do some kind of animal skin strung up to a rack (think 'X' shaped crucifix.) Maybe with a target painted on it. Maybe not.

As mentioned up thread, a totem crossed my mind, but I don't trust my from-scratch sculpting enough. Could be really neat though.

Stage 1 - Sculpt a tree out of clay - DONE

Stage 2 - Paint the clay up - IN PROGRESS

Stage 3 - start adding in arrows, skulls and other accoutrements - IN QUEUE

Here is a sneak peak, along with a secondary Hunters/Alchemists druid stone goal, and a Hemlocke conversion with an elongated staff:

3242a364-51c4-413d-aa5e-489d78628f92.jpg

22 minutes ago, Cincinnati GBC said:

Looks awesome! Wish I could sculpt like that. Very good concept and execution I think. 

Thanks. Although to be fair, I only sculpted the tree. Everything else is bits from old GW Beastman box set. Ungor arrows and quiver, loose bones, skull standard toppers, horned shield standard topper and a Gor axe. Perfect for Hunters, I thought! :)

@TwoBands My GW-bitz-foo has failed me for once! What kit is that plastic Menhir/herdstone from?

I was thinking of a cairn or menhir, possibly made from actual slate if I can find a piece long enough, although TwoBands piece looks very tempting. Shame I don't live in Wales any more, a lot of loose slate in those mountains...

On Saturday, April 02, 2016 at 6:41 PM, S_A_T_S said:

@TwoBands My GW-bitz-foo has failed me for once! What kit is that plastic Menhir/herdstone from?

I was thinking of a cairn or menhir, possibly made from actual slate if I can find a piece long enough, although TwoBands piece looks very tempting. Shame I don't live in Wales any more, a lot of loose slate in those mountains...

The Cygor/Ghorgon kit.The Cygor is supposed to heft it over his head as a thrown weapon. I thought it had a great Alche-Hunt vibe :)

Heh. Steal away! I bought these bits years ago just because I loved them. So when I started thinking about a goal for the hunters and digging around in my bits boxes I saw them and I knew I had to use them. They are Gw from some big ogre creature with a skaven gong.