• Announcements

• Mako

Training Ground   02/14/2018

There’s a new section in the guild ball area designed to help rookies, but it needs others to help out - why not write a post for it? Anything that’s good for people to know, whatever faction they’re starting out with!
Sign in to follow this  
Grenoir

Grenoir's Guilds

Katalyst's pals are done;

20161219_152950.jpg

The purples are showing up a little darker than they are in real life :)

Smoke;

20161219_152338.jpg

Venin;

20161219_152529.jpg

Naja;

20161219_152146.jpg

Compound;

20161219_152209.jpg

Calculus;

20161219_152230.jpg

Mercury;

20161219_152122.jpg

I think I need to do a bit more to make the OSL more obvious.

Thanks for looking :)

So I realised that although I'd painted some of the S2 players a while ago I'd not posted pics.

Velocity (to match the team I painted for a friend)

20170204_120747.jpg

Masons S2 and S3 (part of a team going up on eBay today)

20170204_120506.jpg

Hag arrived yesterday so I spent the day with her, and finishing off Pint Pot.

Hag is an awesome model - great features for the face, and loads of character and tiny details all over the model.  Mine was miscast and missing her thumbs (running theme with most purchases from Steamforged at the moment) but it's not noticeable with the crooked fingers......and hey, fishing accidents are probably going to happen if you do if for as long as her :)

20170226_143430.jpg

20170226_143451.jpg

Looking forward to Vet. Ox next!

15 hours ago, Grenoir said:

Inspired by Matt Hart's speed painting video in the week, I finished off my Vet Ox.  Hoping to get a game with him on Monday :)

20170304_160037.jpg

Awesome Job Dude (:

My word you certainly have been productive of late Grenoir. Vet Ox in particular looks very nice indeed. The reds you have used are lovely, could I pick your brains for the recipe? The base seems to be a lovely contradiction to the savagery of the model, lovely work.

6 hours ago, Anphiarus said:

My word you certainly have been productive of late Grenoir. Vet Ox in particular looks very nice indeed. The reds you have used are lovely, could I pick your brains for the recipe? The base seems to be a lovely contradiction to the savagery of the model, lovely work.

No problem at all!  Mostly P3 paints - base layers have been Sanguine Base for the darkest red, and Skorne Red for the brighter red; shading with Army Painter Deep Tone mixes; and blends of Khador Red Base (highlighting with a base, ironically) with various whites and greys for the highlights.

On 04/03/2017 at 5:16 AM, Grenoir said:

Inspired by Matt Hart's speed painting video in the week, I finished off my Vet Ox.  Hoping to get a game with him on Monday :)

20170304_160037.jpg

Speed painting video?

Also nice job. Rich reds. 

8 hours ago, cfcbaker said:

Speed painting video?

Also nice job. Rich reds. 

On the Guild Ball Facebook page, on the 2nd March.  He paints Vet. Ox on camera from start to finish in ~90min

Yay, new releases means new models to paint!  Locus for my friend's Engineers (rest of the team on page 2);

20170325_215022.jpg

20170325_215737.jpg

I did get Seasoned Brisket too but will wait til the Season 3 book comes out to see more of the Solthecian artwork and colour schemes before I decide what to paint her

First of 2 goal posts from Winzor Chog (sold via eBay) I've been asked to do, to match a Brewer's team a painted I wee while back.

They're £15 and, although quite pricey, a really like the sculpt and quality to them.

20170425_193354.jpg

20170425_193405.jpg

I'm working on the second, a Mason's goal; and will probably get myself a new Hunter's goal, so look out for them soon :)

I rarely play with Union players barring Minx with my Hunters, and Rage with my Fillet-led Butchers but I've had a big pile of Union players for ages due to getting them occasionally with eBay auctions I've won.

When deciding what I wanted to paint next (and there's loads on the to do list) and with a week off work I thought I'd set my self a challenge to paint a team before my next game on Monday.  I love the sculpts for Limited Rage and Mist, and Harry, so picked them for 3 of my 6, and added Strongbox (no Coin in the big pile) plus Seasoned Brisket and Decimate.

20170525_132739.jpg

As I've still a few days before I'm back to work I'll be finishing off the rest of the Union players over the next few days (Blackheart, Easter Fangtooth, regular Rage, regular Mist, and Gutter)