Aybarra

Aybarra's Butchers and Fishermen

Hello everyone, 

I have received my first Guild Ball minis a few weeks ago and I had a little time to start painting some of them. 

I first tried to paint Boiler, Meathook and Brisket but didn't had the chance to finish them. I wanted to try a color scheme classic with a twist. So I added the jade color. 

I also started to paint Corsair but didn't had the time to finish it for the painting contest. 

So now my goal is to finish what I have started and paint Ox and the fishermen starter in order to apply to the pundit program. 

So what do you think of these WIPs 

12642681_742318599238943_4620928074858721745_n.jpg

12651119_742318545905615_2267121806702770926_n.jpg

12670263_742318569238946_8809440897760951959_n.jpg

12715527_747927592011377_454550547752934173_n.jpg

Thanks for your comments ! 

@Hyrune you are right the skin was a little too red so I tried to tune it down. 

Here a the final shot for Brisket, only the base is missing but I will wait for Boiler and Ox to be painted to do it. 

brisket-1.jpg

Hello everyone, 

I have just finished what I have called the Pundit Marathon : painting 2 starters as quick as possible while respecting my own criterias of quality ! 

And I am proud to present my Butchers and Fishers starters painted and varnished ! 

thumb_img_7550_1024.jpg?w=500&h=&crop=1

thumb_img_7547_1024.jpg?w=500&h=&crop=1

thumb_img_7545_1024.jpg?w=500&h=&crop=1

thumb_img_7542_1024.jpg?w=500&h=&crop=1

thumb_img_7568_1024.jpg?w=500&h=&crop=1

thumb_img_7558_1024.jpg?w=500&h=&crop=1

thumb_img_7560_1024.jpg?w=500&h=&crop=1

thumb_img_7565_1024.jpg?w=500&h=&crop=1

For more pictures you can also visit the dedicated article on my blog (in french) : http://mini-nerd.com/2016/03/09/guild-ball-le-marathon-de-peinture/

For a "quick" paint job, these are fantastic. One detail here I haven't seen a lot elsewhere are the scars and scratches on skin. Nice addition.

Your Siren is particularly nice, her skintones are unearthly.

Thanks a lot for all your comments, that really boost me to continue painting my teams. 

Next one will be Princess, Shank and Tenderiser but right now I'm having a small painting break ... on the Division (videogames are evil) 

So it has been 2 months and weirdly enough I have not respected my planning ... 

I have finished Princess and Meathook but was too lazy to make pictures so I only have WIPs pictures of Egret for my Hunters. 

Tell me what you think of her sofar 

img_6371.jpg?w=300

img_6370.jpg?w=300

2 hours ago, Aybarra said:

So it has been 2 months and weirdly enough I have not respected my planning ... 

I have finished Princess and Meathook but was too lazy to make pictures so I only have WIPs pictures of Egret for my Hunters. 

Tell me what you think of her sofar 

img_6371.jpg?w=300

img_6370.jpg?w=300

Love her hair and the sharp contrast with the green on her clothes.

Thanks the Nerdist for you comment :) 

I love to have a few colors that really pop on my minis. 

New update and this time I have more WIP's ... Egret is almost finished but I'm waiting on those for to do the base. 

For now there is still work to do but their faces are done. 

Theron

img_6397.jpg?w=400

Jaecar - Shaved skulls are really hard to paint so I've added tattoos, I imagined him as a deranged assassin so runes were what came to mind

img_6395.jpg?w=400

Hearne - I think I will add someting on that huuuuuuuge chin but haven't figured what for now 

img_6398.jpg?w=400

For once in 18 years since I have started to paint I'm happy with a skin tone. 

Mat Hart tutorial on painting faces was a great help ! 

See you soon with more colours on these guys ! 

Hey everyone, 

I have finally found time to paint !  

Before the holidays I had hard times with my Hunters on the field so I decided to give a shot to the Fishermens Guild ! 

So here is Tentacles 

img_0763.jpg?w=500

img_0762.jpg?w=500

img_0761.jpg?w=500

So what do you think of my new slimy friend ? 

Next up are Corsair and Zakana. 

How did you do the human skin and which colours did you use for it :)!?

Your Colour choices and schemes and the overall paintjob looks really amazing!

Regards

So I knew I was a really slow painter but I also answer to questions on a really slow rate ...

@Fomorian I use mostly GW paints with a tanned flesh and a brown wash. For the warm spots I have followed Mat Hart video tutorial on Youtube 

@masterkdog They are home made with bits of wood, greenstuff and other things

As I don't want to come empty handed, here is Shanks finally finished ... after a long time waiting on a shelf he is done. 

I aim at playing my butchers fully painted before mid-march so I will be back soon I hope :) 

img_7569.jpg?w=800

img_7570.jpg?w=800

img_7571.jpg?w=800

8 hours ago, BigRed said:

Great painting as usual. Not keen on the green on the butchers tbh, too much like a surgical gown for me.

I work in a hospital, maybe thats why it calls to me:P

On 01/02/2017 at 4:21 AM, masterkdog said:

How did you find painting Shank. I loved painting mine. Loving the green by the way.

It's hard for me to tell because I started him last March et only finished him now :) 

But not unpleasant at all ! 

On 02/02/2017 at 3:53 PM, BigRed said:

Great painting as usual. Not keen on the green on the butchers tbh, too much like a surgical gown for me.

I have to confess I have a medical problem with using green on my minis ... there is no painting project in the last 2-3 years where I have not used green or turquoise ... 

For the butchers I wanted a somehow classic color scheme but with a twist :P