ZiggyQubert

G.B. Scrum: Android / Web App

On 4/17/2016 at 4:13 PM, venom1983 said:

Are you going to get this on play so it auto updates?

I'd like to, however thats dependent on Steamforged giving me permission - thats required by google to publish anything that uses someone elses IP

10 hours ago, prometheanZer0 said:

Any possibility of this ever getting Kindle comparability app wise? I'd love yo be able to use it on my Fire instead of the phone screen.

You should be able to manualy install it on the kindle, I havent tried it but it should work in theory.  If it dosent you can always use the web version, which has offline capability (its the exact same app).  Other than that I dont plan on supporting the kindle spicificly

I have updated the app to include the season 2 rules / cards etc... as well as some other fixes

Please post if you notice anything incorrect / wrong.

Two other things -

1 - I have added the big league cards, they are only viewable for the moment, I will most likely release another update with better integration once I have a chance to read the rules / understand how they work better

2 - I have updated from a dev build of the app a release build, this may mean that you will need to uninstall your current version of the app in order to install the new one

It would seem that the Android app is not up to date on your site. I just uninstalled then downloaded and installed the APK and I'm still seeing the previous version. Not sure if it just hasn't hit your hosting site yet or if there's something wrong. The web app is working beautifully though, nice work!

4 minutes ago, xenwall said:

It would seem that the Android app is not up to date on your site. I just uninstalled then downloaded and installed the APK and I'm still seeing the previous version. Not sure if it just hasn't hit your hosting site yet or if there's something wrong. The web app is working beautifully though, nice work!

Whoops, I've uploaded the correct version

Hooray for an official "rules only" PDF and integrated errata doc! 

In the "Big League" players start with access to both S1 & S2 plot cards.  Is there a way to add the S1 plot cards?  I like the idea of them not being on the main "plots" page, but having a way to get to them for tracking my "current plots" in league games (when that happens) would be nice.

17 minutes ago, JimO said:

Hooray for an official "rules only" PDF and integrated errata doc! 

In the "Big League" players start with access to both S1 & S2 plot cards.  Is there a way to add the S1 plot cards?  I like the idea of them not being on the main "plots" page, but having a way to get to them for tracking my "current plots" in league games (when that happens) would be nice.

That will be part of my next update to Better support the Big League

I just downloaded the new App, and it looks great.  Many thanks for your efforts on this App.  I was thinking about S1 plot cards and I see that you are adding them.  I suspect that as we go forward, every season we will get new plot cards.  I am thinking that under the Plot Card button, one could then select which season plot cards you want to look at, that way it keeps them organized together.

I just downloaded and installed the app on my samsung galaxy note 2. The app opens fine and i can add characters to my roster but when i try to look at their card or view the rules all that happens is a transparent grey goes of the screen with a damage counter or a page counter.

Any ideas on making it work properly?

I can send some screen shots if you want, and any phone spec you need.

thanks

2 minutes ago, Skelheim said:

I just downloaded and installed the app on my samsung galaxy note 2. The app opens fine and i can add characters to my roster but when i try to look at their card or view the rules all that happens is a transparent grey goes of the screen with a damage counter or a page counter.

Any ideas on making it work properly?

I can send some screen shots if you want, and any phone spec you need.

thanks

My guess is you have a version of android before 4.4 (when the web view was updated), I'm using some newer css to display the cards that dosent support the older web views :( if you cant update the version of android on your device you can always use the web version of the app in chrome (which should work correctly).

12 minutes ago, ZiggyQubert said:

My guess is you have a version of android before 4.4 (when the web view was updated), I'm using some newer css to display the cards that dosent support the older web views :( if you cant update the version of android on your device you can always use the web version of the app in chrome (which should work correctly).

I'll see if I can update android. I'll let you know how I go.

22 hours ago, ZiggyQubert said:

I'll see if I can update android. I'll let you know how I go.

I updated android last night. Scrum now works properly.

Edited by Skelheim
updating with new info.

OK, I've updated with better support for the big league, you can now create a plot deck for the big league and generate plots for a match, you can also add sponserships to a player in the match view (tap the GB icon to cycle through them), I've also added the season 1 plots back into the app for the big league.

A bunch of the interface is a bit clunky on the roster view, I think I'll need to basically re-write most of that screen and a couple of other things to get it where I finally want it. Note: Currently there is no tracking of big league stats (CP, favors etc...) at the moment, that will most likely have to wait for the rewrite

Fantastic update, this app really needs Steamforge approval and uploaded to the play store. Thankfully it's so good, I don't mind the hassle of updating manually :)

I updated to the newest version last night and noticed the sponsorships, is there a way you could have them not be on? If I'm not playing a big league game, they're just kind of a distraction.

I have released version 2 of the app (still not in the app store).

Its basically a complete re-write of the app, keeping a similar look and feel and the same functionality (with some improvements). Cleaned up a number of things and improved the ui.

Basically it give me a much better way to add to the app as well as giving you a much nicer interface (complete with animations!).

As always if you see issues with it please let me know.

Known issues, currently page navigation is a bit slow when navigating from the menu, this will be improved in the future.

1 hour ago, ZiggyQubert said:

I have released version 2 of the app (still not in the app store).

Its basically a complete re-write of the app, keeping a similar look and feel and the same functionality (with some improvements). Cleaned up a number of things and improved the ui.

Basically it give me a much better way to add to the app as well as giving you a much nicer interface (complete with animations!).

As always if you see issues with it please let me know.

Known issues, currently page navigation is a bit slow when navigating from the menu, this will be improved in the future.

Avarisse and Greede are only showing up as options for the Union.  I suspect something has gone awry with "Selective [All Guilds]" no longer mapping to each other Guild specifically. 

I added them to the roster from the Union list, but then noticed that their stats aren't displayed either: everything (but HP) is blank.  Thinking it might be related to them being selected in a Brewers lineup, I cleared it and tried just adding Union...no dice.  In fact, of the union players only Rage2 and Strongbox have stats displayed. 

I like the changes to the sponsorships.

14 hours ago, JimO said:

Avarisse and Greede are only showing up as options for the Union.  I suspect something has gone awry with "Selective [All Guilds]" no longer mapping to each other Guild specifically. 

I added them to the roster from the Union list, but then noticed that their stats aren't displayed either: everything (but HP) is blank.  Thinking it might be related to them being selected in a Brewers lineup, I cleared it and tried just adding Union...no dice.  In fact, of the union players only Rage2 and Strongbox have stats displayed. 

I like the changes to the sponsorships.

fixed in the online version, I'll have the app updated most likely monday

5 hours ago, flaming_ewoks said:

It would be fantastic if you could save multiple rosters for various teams. It would be more convenient to switch between teams than to clear the roster and refill it each time 

That's one of the reasons I re-wrote it.  I'm planning to add that in to this version at some point

Downloaded v2.0.25 (Build: 5/9/2016 9:18AM) on Monday:

The good news is that Avarisse & Greede are now available for the Brewers and have stats in the roster.  The bad news is that Vitriol (Alchemists) and Stave (Brewers) are missing stats when in the roster.  I dunno how I missed that about Stave last week...I guess I had tunnel vision on A&G because they were a feature in the list I was thinkin' on.

Excited to see how development progresses on this!

On 5/11/2016 at 9:50 AM, JimO said:

Downloaded v2.0.25 (Build: 5/9/2016 9:18AM) on Monday:

The good news is that Avarisse & Greede are now available for the Brewers and have stats in the roster.  The bad news is that Vitriol (Alchemists) and Stave (Brewers) are missing stats when in the roster.  I dunno how I missed that about Stave last week...I guess I had tunnel vision on A&G because they were a feature in the list I was thinkin' on.

Excited to see how development progresses on this!

Humm, I'll get it fixed, prouably wont be till after next week though (Life and all...)

1 hour ago, ZiggyQubert said:

Humm, I'll get it fixed, prouably wont be till after next week though (Life and all...)

There is no life. Only Guild Ball Scrum.