ZiggyQubert

G.B. Scrum: Android / Web App

On 2/24/2016 at 11:22 AM, ZiggyQubert said:

I've cleaned up some of the click / swipe functionality on the card view page, it may work for you now, but as I dont have access to an s4 I cant say for certain :(

If you're using the Android Studio dev environment you should be able to select the S4 as a emulator to test the app on. 

I've been writing my own GB app as a way to brush up on my coding skills. You're much further along than I am though. Nice work!

On 2/25/2016 at 3:36 AM, Henke said:

Very good work!

Some suggestions:

1. Have a confirmation popup on "Reset" timer to prevent unwanted resets of timer.

2. have a confirmation button on "Remove player from team during a started game or remove the "Remove button" during a game. Easy to remove a player during a game.

3. Settings page with:

-Manually settable timer times.

-Option for deat clock to manage both players times.

-Options to show Playbook under each players stats. Will make flipping to cards less frequent.

-Option to show "Health bar" under each players stats (And maybe removing the x/y indicator.

-Option for timed turnes.

-Option for not entering power save mode.

Keep up the good work!

I've added a confirmation for resetting the time and removing players from the roster, some of your other suggestions will be implemented at a later date, death clock settings and times turns particularly.  The playbook I probably will not add to the player stats, unless I can find a good way to parse that data out of the PDF, or someone wants to volunteer to type it all out in a data format.  Not entering power saving mode I most likely will not impliment - at the moment this app does no integration with the native side on the device, I'd like to keep it that way as it greatly simplifies the development and the app in general.

Also in this update -
- fixed shanks stats

- added the new cards

Great App really appreciate it. Now I can continue to be bias against IoS users.

As a new player what I would love to see is a second roster "tab" or something. I can put my opponents team into it and access his model's rules quickly without digging back into the menus or asking what their names are multiple times and so forth.

10 hours ago, Skox said:

Great App really appreciate it. Now I can continue to be bias against IoS users.

As a new player what I would love to see is a second roster "tab" or something. I can put my opponents team into it and access his model's rules quickly without digging back into the menus or asking what their names are multiple times and so forth.

At some point I'll prouably add the ability to save multiple teams and possibly the ability to add your oponents team, for now you can just add all the models for both teams into the roster, not the most elegent solution but it works

So far I like what you've done with the app, one small issue I've run into.

I've been trying this on a Samsung S4 mini and my biggest issues is the size/placement of the UI. For example the arrows to switch between team members are to small to and fall under the the "X" to close making them very hard to click. 

As well as this, going landscape the cards go off to the bottom left corner and are unreadable. 

On 3/2/2016 at 6:47 AM, BaronVonFail said:

So far I like what you've done with the app, one small issue I've run into.

I've been trying this on a Samsung S4 mini and my biggest issues is the size/placement of the UI. For example the arrows to switch between team members are to small to and fall under the the "X" to close making them very hard to click. 

As well as this, going landscape the cards go off to the bottom left corner and are unreadable. 

I've updated the card navigation so it should be a bit easier, the close button wont be quite as big, and taping the left or right side of a card will go forward and back in the currently displayed card, I'll have to take a look at whats happening with the S4 mini somepoint later

On 3/2/2016 at 7:59 PM, Korak said:

Downloaded and installed the app on my phone. Just keeps saying unfortunately guild ball scrum has stopped when I try to open it.

Try again with the latest version if you would, I've added some code in to better support older devices, it may help with what you are experiencing

4 hours ago, ZiggyQubert said:

I've updated the card navigation so it should be a bit easier, the close button wont be quite as big, and taping the left or right side of a card will go forward and back in the currently displayed card, I'll have to take a look at whats happening with the S4 mini somepoint later

Try again with the latest version if you would, I've added some code in to better support older devices, it may help with what you are experiencing

The app loads now. Player cards won't load though. When you select the guild of choice it just says error loading page.

The roster button works though.

Some feedback on the timer, it would be good to be able to manually adjust the timer in case the players wish to alter it. Also, it's great that there's a confirm button to stop you from accidentally resetting the clock. However, the clear and reset buttons at the bottom of the page could use the same treatment. Currently if fat fingered they'll wipe everything without confirmation.

Great app! Noticed a damage issue with butcher tenderiser.  Doesnot appear to fill in the right damage boxes.  And or it starts outside the damage grid. Bit has the right amount of hp.  Nust a graphic glitch.  I cant manage to shrink the screen shot i took i can sendiy directly if you would.

7 hours ago, Shengles said:

Great app! Noticed a damage issue with butcher tenderiser.  Doesnot appear to fill in the right damage boxes.  And or it starts outside the damage grid. Bit has the right amount of hp.  Nust a graphic glitch.  I cant manage to shrink the screen shot i took i can sendiy directly if you would.

It's because his card image is the "old" season 2 format where they had 15 bubbles per row instead of 10.  The App is filling in 10 bubbles on the top row and 9 on the bottom.  

On 3/5/2016 at 11:28 AM, JimO said:

It's because his card image is the "old" season 2 format where they had 15 bubbles per row instead of 10.  The App is filling in 10 bubbles on the top row and 9 on the bottom.  

yup, when they fix his card it will look correct again.

On 3/4/2016 at 8:47 PM, Korak said:

The app loads now. Player cards won't load though. When you select the guild of choice it just says error loading page.

The roster button works though.

Some feedback on the timer, it would be good to be able to manually adjust the timer in case the players wish to alter it. Also, it's great that there's a confirm button to stop you from accidentally resetting the clock. However, the clear and reset buttons at the bottom of the page could use the same treatment. Currently if fat fingered they'll wipe everything without confirmation.

Humm, not sure what is up there, possibly an issue with an older version of android.  As for the timer at some point I'm going to impliment a settings page which will give more control over the timer, at that point i'll prouably add xome more controls to it as well.  I'll prouably add confirms to the clear / reset buttons as well

1 hour ago, ZiggyQubert said:

yup, when they fix his card it will look correct again.

Humm, not sure what is up there, possibly an issue with an older version of android.  As for the timer at some point I'm going to impliment a settings page which will give more control over the timer, at that point i'll prouably add xome more controls to it as well.  I'll prouably add confirms to the clear / reset buttons as well

It is a fairly old android device.

8 hours ago, ZiggyQubert said:

that's possibly why this rellys on some newer web tech that may not be in the older browsers :( sorry

Understandable.

Ok this may be the stupidest question ever, but I'm a total noob where it comes to apps and sh*t.

I have downloaded it and so far as I can tell it works very well on my phone (nexus 5X) I'm very pleased with the app, so thank you for that!

Only, I keep reading about updates on this forum... (so here comes my question)  :

Does the app update itself?  Or do I have to download it manually to update to the latest version?

*blushing in advance* :unsure:

14 hours ago, Bob The Builder said:

Ok this may be the stupidest question ever, but I'm a total noob where it comes to apps and sh*t.

I have downloaded it and so far as I can tell it works very well on my phone (nexus 5X) I'm very pleased with the app, so thank you for that!

Only, I keep reading about updates on this forum... (so here comes my question)  :

Does the app update itself?  Or do I have to download it manually to update to the latest version?

*blushing in advance* :unsure:

untill I can get it in the store you would need to manualy update it, I generaly post here when I release an update for it

11 hours ago, naiconn1981 said:

Can't see if you have mentioned this but will this be translated to Apple devices?  Looks a very good app. 

I wont be releasing an Apple version, partly due to the difficulty of developing / releasing for iOS, I don't own a mac which is basically required, noe do I want to pay for a development liscence.

That said, it's basically a web app so if anyone feels like taking on the responsibility of building a version for iOS, I'd be happy to provide them with the web code to do it with.  Also as a side note it has offline capability enabled, so if you open it it in your browser it should cache the whole app for times when you dont have connectivity.