ZiggyQubert

G.B. Scrum: Android / Web App

On 21.2.2018 at 6:10 PM, Clement said:

Hurray update dropped!

Still unresponsive on a Xperoia Z2 in the Roster Scrren, though :(

Ziggy, old chap, could you roll back to the previous version, please? I loved using this app, but I'm no longer able to. The old version worked fine for me, but the new one doesn't. Could we just have the old version back, please?

11 hours ago, Selfy said:

Ziggy, old chap, could you roll back to the previous version, please? I loved using this app, but I'm no longer able to. The old version worked fine for me, but the new one doesn't. Could we just have the old version back, please?

Agreed I've gone back to cards as the app in now unusable :(

Thanks for all you've done so far but it just appears the new functionality doesn't work on older phones.

Any chance we will see in come to Amazon app store?

58 minutes ago, Saurbaum said:

Just to offer a word of encouragement the new version is great, works well on my Fire tablet and my phone.

No need to show off. ;)

Personally I'm not sure it's just older stuff. My Acer tablet is less than a year old and yet can't cope with the new app since updating. 

Am I right in assuming that before teh app just displayed images of the cards? Might be better to just go back to that. Love the app.  It's very handy to pop open the phone whenever I want to look something up, rather than dig through the box to find teh card. 

Wish I was as lucky as you, for me the app is nowadays completely unusable, out of sync, unreadable, boxes don't match letters, playbooks symbols are outside of boxes, stats are one of top another, wis I've not updated it, at least my hunters and union would be fine.

2 hours ago, Redtiger7 said:

Am I right in assuming that before teh app just displayed images of the cards? Might be better to just go back to that. Love the app.  It's very handy to pop open the phone whenever I want to look something up, rather than dig through the box to find teh card. 

Indeed thats how it use to work, I had to change it because the size of the app was becoming too big for the play store, so unfortunatly I cant revert back to using the older method of displaying cards :(

I have plans to try and fix the issues you guys are seeing, with it being unstable / not displaying correctly, however life is busy at the moment so its slow going at the moment, other than correcting rules issues I dont have a lot of tie to work on the app at the moment :(

9 minutes ago, ZiggyQubert said:

Indeed thats how it use to work, I had to change it because the size of the app was becoming too big for the play store, so unfortunatly I cant revert back to using the older method of displaying cards :(

I have plans to try and fix the issues you guys are seeing, with it being unstable / not displaying correctly, however life is busy at the moment so its slow going at the moment, other than correcting rules issues I dont have a lot of tie to work on the app at the moment :(

Thanks for the update.

On 2/25/2018 at 12:11 PM, ZiggyQubert said:

I would be happy to volunteer some time to help. Im a web/mobile dev.

Shulk has a misspelling on his Goal Rats aura. Should be contact instead of contack.

On another note, if you need help fixing things, I'd be more than happy to help. It's in the realm of stuff I do for a living.

I've narrowed the issue down. I can look at any card I want and that is ok, but as soon as I put any cards into the roster it all goes pear shaped. It's at that point that everything freezes and stops working.

On 3/26/2018 at 9:43 AM, Chapuzas said:

game plan deck?

So finaly had some time over the weekend to do some stats fixing and also get the gameplans in the app, enjoy.

and yes I'm still trying to track down some of the performance issue people are having.

31 minutes ago, ZiggyQubert said:

So finaly had some time over the weekend to do some stats fixing and also get the gameplans in the app, enjoy.

and yes I'm still trying to track down some of the performance issue people are having.

The cards are missing from the drop down when I click on It.

Had some performance issues on a Kindle FIre HD8 since the initial changeover to text, specifically in the roster. Not only is performance a problem but the button to clear the roster becomes unresponsive. I did a full uninstall and reinstall which seemed to fix it temporarily, but the most recent update has seen the performance problems come back.

Note I am using the Roster function to track both teams on a pitch (so 12+players)

5 hours ago, kaladorm said:

Had some performance issues on a Kindle FIre HD8 since the initial changeover to text, specifically in the roster. Not only is performance a problem but the button to clear the roster becomes unresponsive. I did a full uninstall and reinstall which seemed to fix it temporarily, but the most recent update has seen the performance problems come back.

Note I am using the Roster function to track both teams on a pitch (so 12+players)

Ya I'm aware of the performance issue on some devices, once RL calms down a bit I'm planning on trying to get these issues sorted out

I mentioned it as after the initial changeover I know you were aware of some performance issues and issues an update not long after. A full reinstall did seem to resolve the performance issues but they crept back in, perhaps in a later version update. It seems to be only the roster screen that has the performance issues and killing the app and restarting fixes performance until you enter the roster screen again. The only way I've been able to fix it is to remove all players from the roster via the individual guild selection pages (rather than roster page). 

I'll run it and check the memory usage next time I have a chance

Did a quick check-up on the news things on the app (Rat Catchers, Exiles). Things I've found:

vDecimate:

• Decimate's art is missing
  • Stagger is misspelled as 'Stagget'
  • Anatomical Precision is misspelled as 'Anatomical Percision'

vMinx

• Heightened Senses is misspelled as 'Hightened Senses'

Piper

• Melee Zone is given as 1 instead of 1"

Miasma

• Some text in her Character Play Erupting Spores is misspelled. It says 'Enemy modles within the pulse...'

All minor things, but my OCD kicked in and I had to place a comment. :P 

Hi there. I asked on the Facebook group too but figured this might be a better place afterwards. I was wondering if there was a good way to add an opponents list to my roster to view their cards during a match? I tried to just add them as players but it doesn't filter by team or guild. It just mixed them all in the roster together. Is there a way to designate which ones are which? Just making sure I'm not missing something.