RuntotheHills

The Goal Post Thread

2 hours ago, Mako said:

I finally got off my backside and built a goal for my newly painted Morticians, so I guess I should post it here :)

6ploYlh.jpg

Love It!

I do love this thread, it had to be pinned.

@Mako Great creepy bell, nice subtle verdigris.

@Doc I have a similar Masons goal on my painting table, I'll have a read of your blog when I get to it for some tips on the stone and metal. I'm going for a winter theme so was going to have mine a bit darker and dirtier, but I need somewhere to start and yours looks like a good one. Great details on the base.

@Kueller Awesome simple build, dude.The bright orange on the bolts looks really good against the silver.

It's stuff like these three that make this thread great - we get complex parts and bits compiled, sculpted and composed into fantastic pieces like Mako's and Doc's, then Kueller comes along and shows you how to make another fantastic goal, just using something simple from a hardware shop and a bit of paint. I worry the plastic guild coming with goals, and the tokens given out by SFG and others might reduce the number of homemade goals we're used to seeing, but with luck this thread will help inspire people to keep on making cool goals.

19 minutes ago, S_A_T_S said:

It's stuff like these three that make this thread great - we get complex parts and bits compiled, sculpted and composed into fantastic pieces like Mako's and Doc's, then Kueller comes along and shows you how to make another fantastic goal, just using something simple from a hardware shop and a bit of paint. I worry the plastic guild coming with goals, and the tokens given out by SFG and others might reduce the number of homemade goals we're used to seeing, but with luck this thread will help inspire people to keep on making cool goals.

Cheers :)

There's so many great goals in here, I reckon they won't stop coming. Especially because my goal fits in my carry case, while the Blacksmiths one is too tall for any of the holes :P 

I have a feeling that the more creative folks will always be building something unique... even if the majority use standard stuff that will get issued. I sure hope so at any rate.

Couple of my more resent efforts. Hunters goal (shrine of the sun god) won best goal at the UK national championship this year, which I was very proud of. The Farmers windmill is my latest design. Its been up on facebook but I was asked to shear it hear as well.

qlhzYi8.jpgGg1a0ey.jpgtZFMMSA.jpgcjA7NSH.jpgml6Xxxk.jpg1Q2y2CU.jpgzCpZ8Ox.jpg 

Now i am not normally the hobby monkey - my other half usually paints everything.

She has been swamped with comissions and convinced me to take on the "Iron Painter 2k17"

... With a topic "Water, Water Everywhere" i thought it was only right it was a fisherman...

Check out my fish goal post:

large.IMG_20171023_204250.jpg.c4331effc7

Comments and criticism welcomed :)

On 8/28/2017 at 8:43 AM, Charlie said:

tZFMMSA.jpg 

That is dope as hell. Aside from still being able to see the scythe, there is nothing I don't like about this and even that is a minor gripe for me. I really can't get over how cool that is. Excellent work. Was this scratch built or did you borrow components? Cool either way just curious for terrain crafting purpose.

Brings to mind Ricky Bobby

"It was completely illegal and in no way will count but, man, that was something!"

5 hours ago, JPowah said:

Now i am not normally the hobby monkey - my other half usually paints everything.

She has been swamped with comissions and convinced me to take on the "Iron Painter 2k17"

... With a topic "Water, Water Everywhere" i thought it was only right it was a fisherman...

Check out my fish goal post:

large.IMG_20171023_204250.jpg.c4331effc7

Comments and criticism welcomed :)

That’s lovely waterwork! Mind if I ask how you did the foaming spray?

1 hour ago, Mako said:

That’s lovely waterwork! Mind if I ask how you did the foaming spray?

Vallejo Water effect, next time i'm at her house ill get a pic of the bottle for you :)

9 minutes ago, JPowah said:

Vallejo Water effect, next time i'm at her house ill get a pic of the bottle for you :)

Vallejo’s water effect does that? Colour me surprised, I thought it was as bad as most of the other ones! :D

13 hours ago, Pending Forum Suspension said:

That is dope as hell. Aside from still being able to see the scythe, there is nothing I don't like about this and even that is a minor gripe for me. I really can't get over how cool that is. Excellent work. Was this scratch built or did you borrow components? Cool either way just curious for terrain crafting purpose.

Brings to mind Ricky Bobby

"It was completely illegal and in no way will count but, man, that was something!"

Thanks for the compliment.

It was scratch built, mostly from card and small diameter wooden sticks from a local craft store.

The door began life as a table from a dungeon terrain set I had and the round widows are green stuff into some old shields. 

The scythe I chose to leave on because I couldn't remove it completely without causing a lot of damage to the rest of the pice so I opted not to move it at all.

The smaller accessories on the balcony all came from the farmers guild box apart from the bucket that was from an old ww2 model kit I had. The rope holding it is thin picture wire. 

Both pretty spectacular goals! This thread keeps making me want to finally finish off my Masons goal and get it up. Will have to see about getting my Farmers one up soon.