RuntotheHills

The Goal Post Thread

I made this goal post from the second half of the blister label packaging for Chisel, two bits of dowel rod, and a piece of stone from a terrain model kit I had lying around.

Separate the two pieces of Chisel's blister pack label. Then roll or fold the edges over to where its just showing the Mason's symbol, don't worry about any bit of text showing as the black matte paint will hide it. Glued it together with superglue, waited a bit and then I used Flat/Matte black paint on the front and back of the piece to make it look like all one banner and hide any white text. Took a pin vice/hand drill and drilled a small hole into each piece of dowel rod and then used superglue and a wood splinter/trimmed bit of match stick as a peg to hold it together. Instant Banner that looks good and cost me almost nothing to make.

IMG_20160312_022955c.jpg

fairly simple and easy to do within a few minutes time. Here is the shot of the back, I rolled the top part of the blister over the dowel rod after applying glue to it, then used the pin vice/hand drill to drill a small hole in the center to put the peg through.

IMG_20160312_144221.jpg

IMG_20160312_160739.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 5:03 PM, S_A_T_S said:

Here's my Alchemist goal:

Goal_zpsmef879sa.jpg

What material is all of that made out of?  How sturdy is it?  If it is bits of a model or a model, which is it.

I likes it a lots.

9 hours ago, Bornabairn said:

Yep, flowers from Army Painter and the boards on the base are from a lolly stick. It's very sturdy (whatever else they say, GW do make very high quality plastics). The armature is loose/not glued into the base, so it is removable for travel and can spin if I need to get it out of the way for measurements!

I have the planets and other parts from the GW kit, but they just don't look right the way I painted them, and the cage obscured the sun too much (especially as I painted the sun gold - the colours are too similar). If I could paint like the studio model, it would look spectacular. As it is, I'm pleased so many people like it, and that I was so lucky to beat @Vitruvian Goblin to a Best Goal award at the Coastal Cup!

Parker, please add a photo of yours here, it is awesome!

My newest goal for my upcoming Alchemist team. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do for it. I know a few people have gone for some lovely tables full of vials and test tubes but I couldn't help but feel they wouldn't risk having a perfectly good experiment ruined by having a ball kicked at it. In the end I decided on doing a blackboard. Particularly becuase I liked the idea that they'd been up all night doing science and just had to grab the nearest thing they could draw a target on! I also added some 'refill' stations using some old bitz! 12928175_10208609702696338_6162810978193

http://25945677050_e17fb680ca_z.jpgIMG_2791 by William Atherton, on Flickr

My Union goalpost.

The fluff is that Blackheart purloined this wanting to melt it down for the gold. But when he had it in his possession he discovered that the metal was only microns thick. (Thousandth of an inch for those on the wrong side of the pond.) So he uses it as a crowd pleaser. The goldfish are to wind up the Fishermen.

Edited by The Old Buzzard
The pic worked!

This is my take on goal for fisherman. I really like Siren and the feel of Sea, darkness and piracy. So I tried to make my banner to capture that feeling. As some of you may know shipwreck on the base is from epic Skarre model by Privateer Press. I think this wreck suits well the fishermen goal. The emblem and waves are frehanded and starfish is made from greenstuff. 

Hope you like this little project, and stay tuned for more.

1_zpsa78zngyi.png

1 hour ago, Joanna said:

This is my take on goal for fisherman. I really like Siren and the feel of Sea, darkness and piracy. So I tried to make my banner to capture that feeling. As some of you may know shipwreck on the base is from epic Skarre model by Privateer Press. I think this wreck suits well the fishermen goal. The emblem and waves are frehanded and starfish is made from greenstuff. 

Hope you like this little project, and stay tuned for more.

1_zpsa78zngyi.png

Awesome work, very nice! :)

5 hours ago, noob said:

Holy crap. 3D printed?

Laser cut :)

38 minutes ago, S_A_T_S said:

I'd love to see some stained glass in that goal...

I can probably do something along those lines, might have to wait till I've decided on a colour scheme for the team

5 hours ago, Chimeric said:

Laser cut :)

I can probably do something along those lines, might have to wait till I've decided on a colour scheme for the team

It looks thick enough to cut down the center, into two halves. Then all you need is a color print on transparency to slide in between. glue the two halves together and done!