Sandwichdan

Brisket

Hello! 

Another player discussion thread, I've been playing butchers almost solidly now for three months now and am not sure how I feel about brisket.  She doesn't actively aid the beatdown game and consistently gets battered about by two inch melee in the fighty match ups. 

I find I can't take her against football teams where I may need some degree of ball handling as I tend to take Tenderiser and can't justify not having two bodies actively removing people. 

How are people using her?  I see her crop up in tournament 8 lists all the time I just don't understand the justification over say Decimate or Gutter who have similar ball handling skills but also damage well?  

- Dan

Her damage potential comes from.her ability to easily wrap her playbook. Tooled up and charging in against a target you've singled out within 4" of the dog and she rolls 12 dice, so has the potential for multiple wraps. Even if you gets 6 hits she's doing 6 damage and earning 2 momentum.

She's probably the toughest butcher, often being Def 5 arm 1. Not to mention her goal threat.

1 hour ago, malladin.ben said:

Her damage potential comes from.her ability to easily wrap her playbook. Tooled up and charging in against a target you've singled out within 4" of the dog and she rolls 12 dice, so has the potential for multiple wraps. Even if you gets 6 hits she's doing 6 damage and earning 2 momentum.

She's probably the toughest butcher, often being Def 5 arm 1. Not to mention her goal threat.

This is all true. It's possible to have her at Def 6 with swift stance as well. If you can get all of the bonuses stacking the damage is incredibly high. Even if you only have a bonus with Ox or tooled up her damage is very solid. 

He main ability is goal scoring. Take advantage of the strong kick and the distance. Don't be shy about taking a snap shot if it is an option.

Brisket is no auto include, sometimes you can certainly get more damage out of other players, but that's not why you take her. 

I personally take her for how hard she is to kill. She is effectively 5+ Def, 1 Arm against most players, but it gets better, She can easily get up to 6+ Def with Swift stance, and then Tough Skin from Ox takes her to 2 Arm too! Combine that with unpredictable movement and she becomes practically untouchable. 

6+/2 means your opponent needs on average 18 dice to get just 1 success. Plus for defense Unpredictable movement is amazing, being able to choose who you want to step away from is great.

I basically play her as the Bait/Tank for my team, buff her up and run her in the middle of things, bait out some abilities, watch your opponent cry as they fail to hurt her over and over, then pass her the ball and watch her dodge away and score effortlessly.

Plus as Malladin.Ben said, if you want her to do damage, charge in with Princess nearby and watch the warps happen, in Ox's auras that stacks up real quick.

Hope this helps, Snikel.

I was really skeptical on her at first but in my past few games she's really started to stand out
I think the main issue for us butchers is detaching from the bashy mindset-I found this really easy cos its what we do best-Don't need to put any more time or thought into that so have been developing my football game. Briskets scored in my last 3 games (2 screamers) one time done by a blitz down a flank after being passed to by shank and twice by running in, attacking, using a momentum+dodge result to get her behind their lines I neednt supershot but I like to not risk it and that's 2 fewer take-outs you need to win (basically meaning you can kill there 4 squishiest players-though I do have a habit of boilering there captain to death :P )
Would recommend that you always have her because she is an amazing striker and nothing demoralises the opponent like the bashy team outmanoeuvring and scoring and as I said, we dont need to work on dmg we do plenty-Also even if she misses the ball is all the way from our goal and as others have mentioned for a brawler the fact she doubles her dice on a charge alone means shes always solid (also with 3 players generating 1 influence that 2 can be a V useful commodity)

Hope this helps but id say just take her and think in the mindset of scoring and its surprisingly easy as the opponents dont really play against it