Bildo

Pin Vice spoiled

4 minutes ago, Bildo said:

but still

you could score twice now and the opponent have done nothing

I don't think that's happening unless your opponent makes a very very silly goal kick. That's how it is for Mason's anyway.

2 minutes ago, Bildo said:

could morticians? assuming no mist

Puppet master Bonesaw, or same as Velocity with Balista use Pass n move to hit the 20" threat range.

6 minutes ago, Korak said:

Puppet master Bonesaw, or same as Velocity with Balista use Pass n move to hit the 20" threat range.

bonesaw is season 2 :P

19 minutes ago, Korak said:

Cosset, Graves, Silence, take your pick.

Getting a bit off topic..  Back to the awesomeness that is Pin Vice...  We are still awaiting news of our veteran player..  Anything else? 

While she is awesome I do like her I am not sure the team as a whole works... She again seems to have a spread focus between scoring, buffing, and I guess melee. I could see handing out delete to several team mates....  Sucking back the inf. 

Also I just realized I am so dependant on ballista's aura to generate momentum going it a different route. 

Lots to think about. 

Can't find my old post, but I'm pretty sure every single player that can play for the Morticians can score on turn one. Yes, including Greede.

Yeah, using delete and tooled up on Ratchet/Salvo would do a lot of damage, but you'll lose the momentum generation from Ballista. So the whole keep-away game is inherently less interesting.

Seeing PV, Mascot, Velocity, Colossus, Hoist and ... Salvo... you have 6 top class ball hawks, with only Salvo and Mainspring as sub 4/6" kick. So, I imagine it'll be a high pressure game with where you almost don't want to have to run to fetch the ball.

• Apply vengeance token to target
  • Overclock
  • Tool Up Mainspring
  • Deletion on Mainspring
  • Charge Vengeance target for free, average of four 1 damage hits with Vengeance wraps, deal 12 damage with deletion and tooled up
  • Mainspring blows up for a further 3 damage plus fire

Mainspring can 1 hit many 15/16 HP targets now if you can get a vengeance token on them.

34 minutes ago, Korak said:
  • Apply vengeance token to target
  • Overclock
  • Tool Up Mainspring
  • Deletion on Mainspring
  • Charge Vengeance target for free, average of four 1 damage hits with Vengeance wraps, deal 12 damage with deletion and tooled up
  • Mainspring blows up for a further 3 damage plus fire

Mainspring can 1 hit many 15/16 HP targets now if you can get a vengeance token on them.

Ouch! I must give this a try and with "Alternator" the little bugger threatens 11". 

I like her alot, as she really pushes the mechanica members of the team. Hoist, velocity and thr Colossus all get stupid fast with her, and her ability to force a second activation after hers can set you up for so much. Her legenday is almost a guaranteed goal from anywhere on the pitch assuming you placed your models in the right position. 

While Balista is very much the slow methodical player, Pin Vice is the aggressive baller. Exciting!

8 minutes ago, Devilsquid said:

I like her alot, as she really pushes the mechanica members of the team. Hoist, velocity and thr Colossus all get stupid fast with her, and her ability to force a second activation after hers can set you up for so much. Her legenday is almost a guaranteed goal from anywhere on the pitch assuming you placed your models in the right position. 

While Balista is very much the slow methodical player, Pin Vice is the aggressive baller. Exciting!

I don't know about a guaranteed goal, you can't shoot with the legendary only make pass actions. So your opponent is still probably going to have an activation to do something about it.

You can make a snapshot when you receive the ball from a pass generated by the Legendary. It's worded that was so you can't Dodge 4" with the receiver and then pass. 

So you can Give and go, as you won't have an oil token, and you can snapshot, as the oil token doesn't limit you using Momentus Teamwork abilities. It just stops you from a free pass after dodging as the receiver.

4 minutes ago, Devilsquid said:

You can make a snapshot when you receive the ball from a pass generated by the Legendary. It's worded that was so you can't Dodge 4" with the receiver and then pass. 

So you can Give and go, as you won't have an oil token, and you can snapshot, as the oil token doesn't limit you using Momentus Teamwork abilities. It just stops you from a free pass after dodging as the receiver.

Ah ok that makes sense.

I don't play Engineers.

I am excited by Pin Vice, because I would rather lose to 3 goals or even a fast 2&2 team than trudging my way through Ranged Knockdowns and Rough Ground.

Teams that play football are always a welcome addition.

I agree. There have been games where Balista, Salvo and Ratchet have been on point, and my opponent spent most of the game on their ass. 

A well run Engineers team can be very frustrating.

I think Decimate still has a role to play in a Pin Vice team. 2nd wind a Mechanica into goal scoring position and then snap shot away.

EDIT - Just noticed that Pin Vice is also a Mechanica which makes her doubly amazeballs :blink:

And also, I so called it...

14075779889.jpg

4 minutes ago, Rocanegra said:

May anyone please help me understand her Heroic Play? does it means that it'll last till the end of the game, if she's not taken-out?

It would be removed at the end of the turn like anything else. See also Hooper and True Grit. If that lasts all game, I've been playing it wrong!

EDIT - Thinking this for my team selection...

Pin Vice

Mainspring

Ratchet

2 from Velocity/Hoist/Colossus

Decimate