Simonburdett

Leeds Spring Ball - 23rd April (30/32)

1 hour ago, Simonburdett said:

And adding another player, welcome aboard Tom!

ahh mr sherlock! Welcome! (dirty speedy fish!) ;)

And Jon and Trev added and gets us to the magic number of 16 and a sanctioned event! Hope the journey is ok and shout if you need any help or local knowledge about anything. Should be able to confirm sanctioning in the next few days :)

Hello so good news is that we have 16 confirmed so will be officially bronze sanctioned! I have asked Steamforged a few questions so just want to share a couple of points:

1.) We MUST use season 2 plot cards. I'll have a few printouts on the day and our sponsor www.leodisgames.com will have any preorders for collection or some for sale on the day. Steamforged has said since this is after season 2 release they have to be used.

2.) Any increase in numbers over 16 will require the day to go 5 rounds. Whilst we can accommodate 32 I don't want to extend it to 5 games making it a long day. I'll happily keep a reserve list open and potentially if enough reserves I'll happily run 2 events side by side, but thought that it's a bit harsh to suddenly ask people to play for an extra 2 hours. 

I think that's about it!? I've asked about other season 2 rules but obviously we don't know until the book is out. I'll make sure copies of the most recent FAQ & Errata is available on each table on the day.

Otherwise thanks to www.leodisgames.com and www.solidgroundstudios.co.uk and look forward to the day itself!

On 17/03/2016 at 6:57 PM, Simonburdett said:

2.) Any increase in numbers over 16 will require the day to go 5 rounds. Whilst we can accommodate 32 I don't want to extend it to 5 games making it a long day. I'll happily keep a reserve list open and potentially if enough reserves I'll happily run 2 events side by side, but thought that it's a bit harsh to suddenly ask people to play for an extra 2 hours. 

DO IT! 2 hours extra is nothing! :D

3 hours ago, Mullered said:

Its nothing if your train doesn't leave back for Edinburgh...

erm... yeah... good point....

1 minute ago, Mullered said:

So what is happening with the timing of rounds if you are increasing numbers?

Absolutely nothing, the timings stay the same. It was always intended to host up to 32 players but I stopped at 16 as there was a few clarifications around sanctioning. That's sorted now but timings and everything remain unchanged. Even if I wanted to increase rounds I couldn't due to venue restrictions!

Welcome aboard Adam and up to 21 now 

3 hours ago, MichaelTW said:

I am gonna double check with the boss tonight, I'm sure she will let me attend so will pay tonight when I get written permission

Paid :)

Welcome aboard and that makes 22!

Hello,

I am going to do the first round draw a day or so in advance (just to make the morning a bit quicker and smoother) so if you are coming with a regular club mate and don't want to meet in the first round can you let me know (sorry but round 2 onwards is fair game!). Otherwise will just be a random draw.

22 people coming and still room for another 10 so should be a good day! Prizes for usual things and looking at having a 'raffle' prize so everyone have a chance of something.....if I can get another couple it might even has the words 'hunter' and 'team' on it!!