Shano

Adventures of a Corsair

hey gang,

following on from my input in the Bashy Fishes thread I thought I'd start a new one for some info on my games with Corsair.

Had a quick game with him a few days back with a limited player pool against Alchemists after a tournament and didnt do so great but played with him again on Wed night against Engineers using a list more in line with what I've had in mind for him anyway.

My team: Corsair, Salt, Sakana, Jac, Avarisse & Greede, Gutter

His team: Ballista, Mainspring, Velocity, Colossus, Avarisse & Greede, Compound

Won 12-6 after Ballista was taken out twice with Mainspring and Velocity and Sakana scored a goal.

Highlights

Turn 1

I kicked off with Gutter and Ballista retrieved the ball and passed back to his team.  This left him inside 12" of Corsair who ran and harpooned him into base to base then bought attacks knocking him down and dealing some damage.  He moved his other players up and gave Velocity the ball but I managed to get Avarisse into range for a couple of attacks and put out Singled Out and did some damage.  Gutter then came in and bought attacks - 9 dice (5 + 2 singled out + 2 ganging up) looking for 2's and ignoring the armour enabled me to have 8. 9, 9 and 8 results on the four hits which translated into Scything Blow + 2, Scything Blow + Scything Blow, Scything Blow + Scything Blow, Scything Blow + 2 ... allowing for Tough Hide this dealt 14 damage to Ballista leaving him on 1 health (since Corsair did 3 damage too) and Jac came in to finish him off.

Turn 2

Sakana scores and the team spreads some hurt across Colossus and Avarisse

Turn 3

Ballista moves up and does his legendary, Corsair runs into range (taking damage) to harpoon him in and buys some attacks.  Jac moves in to finish him off.

Colossus moves around into cover behind Avarisse and near Mainspring and Gutter follows staying out of melee with Avarisse to engage Colossus, Mainspring and Avarisse ... buys attacks and bonus times on Colussus to roll 5 dice - managed to get a couple of Scything blows which put some damage onto Mainspring and then Sakana was able to finish him off.

Velocity scores

Turn 4

Players do some things and Velocity goes down to 0 HP triggering reanimate after I've exhausted my attacking options.   Salt pounces on a loose ball between Ballista and Greede.

Turn 5

Ballista or Compound takes out Salt then I get stuck into Velocity.

Thoughts

- Got nothing done under Corsair's legendary except for a failed pass to Sakana

- Would have gone for another goal instead of trying to take out Velocity but Compound is an epic pain in the arse and I couldnt risk the counter attacks

- Sturdy is clutch ... the fact that Corsair has it passively but can hand it out for 1 INF is so good.   I put it on Gutter when Avarisse and Colossus were coming to engage her.  meant that I could wear the first hit and counter attack pushing them out of melee.

- Momentum generation off damage in Fish really makes a difference for a bashy team.   Corsair, A&G, Gutter and to a lesser extent Sakana all have momentous damage results.   Even after healing and using momentum defensively, one turn I was left with 9.

Thanks for the batrep. I'm hoping my Corsair will arrive today (though probably it'll be Monday). Sturdy and the Legendary were what originally attracted my interest most, but Harpoon on a model with Captain-level Inf stats and Corsair's survivability might actually be the main attraction. Shame about Kraken though. 

Sturdy is fantastic especially if you want to Counter Attack since he has TAC 6 and KD on two hits.   Very similar feel to Fangtooth in that regard with Gluttonous Mass.  

I didn't run Fangtooth since his aura would make Corsair even slower and I used Avarisse & Greede instead of Kraken firstly for the extra INF and Singled Out, and secondly for the activation advantage.   Being able to go first and last in a turn or to have two activations left at the end of turn has a massive impact on the game state going into the next turn.

I really enjoyed that line up and think that the core works well but will test some variations around the theme.

His legendary play being an aura rather than a pulse feels like its is going to knock the play into the background as after triggering it Corsiar has to get into and remain in place for his team to benefit as opposed to plays like Honour's, Blackheart's and Shark's that only require the captain and the targets to be in place for a single instance.

1 hour ago, Banjulhu said:

His legendary play being an aura rather than a pulse feels like its is going to knock the play into the background as after triggering it Corsiar has to get into and remain in place for his team to benefit as opposed to plays like Honour's, Blackheart's and Shark's that only require the captain and the targets to be in place for a single instance.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other I think. Maybe it'll be different with Corsair (it will when playing for more for damage, but then the legendary is less of a concern) but I like to keep my team and certainly my strikers spread out quite a bit. It's likely easier bringing strikers towards the center to score than getting ol' peg leg 4"/6" Corsair in position to affect a large part of the team with his legendary.

It just clicked to me how much more powerful Sturdy is than Gluttonous Mass .... One thing that I find with GM is that people throw cheap things into Fangtooth just to clear it ... 1 INF ranged spell, GB off a low playbook result etc. but Sturdy means that they are either a) going to have to use something decent from range like Engineers or b ) get someone into melee with him and waste an attack.   This is prime Counter Attack conditions and since he has single and double pushes, playbook length of 5 and TAC 6 or a KD on column two.

20 hours ago, Shano said:

Ballista moves up and does his legendary, Corsair runs into range (taking damage) to harpoon him in and buys some attacks.  Jac moves in to finish him off

Great sentence. Screw Minefield. 

14 hours ago, Pangur Ban said:

Six of one, half a dozen of the other I think. Maybe it'll be different with Corsair (it will when playing for more for damage, but then the legendary is less of a concern) but I like to keep my team and certainly my strikers spread out quite a bit. It's likely easier bringing strikers towards the center to score than getting ol' peg leg 4"/6" Corsair in position to affect a large part of the team with his legendary.

I think this is right. You're not so much looking to start in the aura, but to run into it and kick either across it or out of it from the very edge. Corsair only has to be within range of the very edge of someone's base. He really only needs to be at almost midfield to enable folks to start knocking them in from pretty far out.

Thanks for sharing the info!  We need more people trying out Corsair to get a good handle on what he brings to the team, but I think you've done a great job giving us some insight Shano.

... I was thinking that a SwordFish team (BashyFish?) with the three Tough Hide Fisherman players up front Kraken, Jac, Corsair would make for an excellent front line and tough to boot.  Between Jac's Heroic, Kraken and Corsair's Harpoons and KD, as well as Reach, they should be able to hold the middle of the pitch rather well and choose engagements while beating down most opponents.  Have you tried Kraken with Corsair Shano or have you written him off?

1 hour ago, Ryoshi said:

Thanks for sharing the info!  We need more people trying out Corsair to get a good handle on what he brings to the team, but I think you've done a great job giving us some insight Shano.

... I was thinking that a SwordFish team (BashyFish?) with the three Tough Hide Fisherman players up front Kraken, Jac, Corsair would make for an excellent front line and tough to boot.  Between Jac's Heroic, Kraken and Corsair's Harpoons and KD, as well as Reach, they should be able to hold the middle of the pitch rather well and choose engagements while beating down most opponents.  Have you tried Kraken with Corsair Shano or have you written him off?

#FightinFish

2 hours ago, Ryoshi said:

I was initially attracted to the idea of all 3 tough hide players, but in the one game I tried it, I actually found that Kraken was kind or redundant in that team - Corsair can basically take his spot in the line up and free up some space for a player like Gutter or Snakeskin who I don't normally run with Shark...

5 hours ago, Ryoshi said:

I went with the line up I mentioned for two key reasons - 1. maximum Influence and 2. activation advantage.  

Since you won't have Angel getting Tactical Advice from Shark to boost your INF pool I felt that going with a 1 INF model would probably hinder more than help.

Having said that, I did have 3 models with Tough Hide; Corsair, Jac and Avarisse.

As far as Kraken is concerned, I don't generally use him anyway ... Gutter, Siren and Corsair can all bring opponents in closer and Corsair has momentous Knock Down on column 2 and reach ... this pretty much covers everything that Kraken brings to the team except Release the ... but since that's on his column 5 you're unlikely to get that off without spending 2 INF for a charge.   I much prefer Jac for the pushes since he can push 6" for 1 INF and 1 MOM without needing to roll a dice to hit.

Pushing towards the edge is something that I look for to take players out of position more than Taken Out, but if the opportunity presents itself ..... :)

Great read. I just happened upon a Corsair model (don't have any other Fish) and it's got me thinking. As someone who has been trying to push Engineers football maybe Corsair Fish would be a nice change of pace while practicing the same core ideas.

Alrighty. So I've played him two times now. I think its important to not waste away influence on things that wont give you momentum unless needed. Making other models sturdy is crazy good (Sakana is huge pain for other teams when he has sturdy). I think Sakana is a must on Corsair team. I also played him with Fangtooth and that was a blackhole of doom. They don't want to really beat on either Corsair or Fangtooth and its tough for models to get out once drug in.

I played Corsair, Snakeskin(first time), Sakana, Angel, Greyscales game 1. Went well Angel scored turn one with 4" dodge after a pass and knee slider after. Corsair just pulled in  Mercury and just messed with him during the early game. He kept healing with Hemlock cause Sakana and Snakeskin were attacking and keeping the ball from Vitriol. I was able to kill Hemlock with Corsair and snakeskin while Sakana & Angel messed with Midus and Vitriol (Midus stole nimble). He was able to get free with vitriol by pushing with midus & taking a Partingblow from Angel  (i didnt get a success lol) he got a nice goal. I kick out to greyscales on the other end of the pitch and get in position for goal that compound & robot couldnt stop. I scored next turn with greyscales after corsair punched some people. Snakeskin & Angel were able to kill Vitriol for the final 2 VP's. Overall I felt that Corsair is kind of like a Kraken that can get the ball with rough seas when people dont expect & passing out sturdy.

Game 2 I swapped Angel with Fangtooth & Jac for SNakeskin. Fangtooth was a blackhole. Once you pull someone into those two it tough coming out. They have nice low knockdowns as well. I didn't play the best and mispositioned Fangtooth & Corsair turn 1 lol (i was very hung over) I also though Sakana had range to score but for some reason thought the cat was the goal ( he was right next to goal) I was short an inch (very hungover). That was the game really. Brewers player was able to get a bunch of people on corsair and Fangtooth (which did last a long time). Grey scales was able to get a goal. I wish I wouldve played Angel instead of Jac. Jac didnt do much this game and I needed extra scoring. I think the lineup was fine but I just had a very poor game. 

Playing him makes you better at the game overall! You can't just get away with being anywhere on the table like with Shark. Another thing that is huge is its easy to spread influence around the team. Unlike shark he doesnt need that much to be influence if you have the ball. It very very difficult for them to keep the ball on a player if corsair is in the middle of the field. With sturdy and rough seas he can get the ball (as long as you can roll the hit). Also if they let the ball sit Sakana or grey scales can get the ball. Also Influence spread is great they can't just target a player and you have options if your early plan goes to crap. Corsair is fun just don't expect him to be the star player like shark, have the rest of the team do the goal scoring.

35 minutes ago, OldKoi said:

Alrighty. So I've played him two times now. I think its important to not waste away influence on things that wont give you momentum unless needed. Making other models sturdy is crazy good (Sakana is huge pain for other teams when he has sturdy). I think Sakana is a must on Corsair team. I also played him with Fangtooth and that was a blackhole of doom. They don't want to really beat on either Corsair or Fangtooth and its tough for models to get out once drug in.

I played Corsair, Snakeskin(first time), Sakana, Angel, Greyscales game 1. Went well Angel scored turn one with 4" dodge after a pass and knee slider after. Corsair just pulled in  Mercury and just messed with him during the early game. He kept healing with Hemlock cause Sakana and Snakeskin were attacking and keeping the ball from Vitriol. I was able to kill Hemlock with Corsair and snakeskin while Sakana & Angel messed with Midus and Vitriol (Midus stole nimble). He was able to get free with vitriol by pushing with midus & taking a Partingblow from Angel  (i didnt get a success lol) he got a nice goal. I kick out to greyscales on the other end of the pitch and get in position for goal that compound & robot couldnt stop. I scored next turn with greyscales after corsair punched some people. Snakeskin & Angel were able to kill Vitriol for the final 2 VP's. Overall I felt that Corsair is kind of like a Kraken that can get the ball with rough seas when people dont expect & passing out sturdy.

Game 2 I swapped Angel with Fangtooth & Jac for SNakeskin. Fangtooth was a blackhole. Once you pull someone into those two it tough coming out. They have nice low knockdowns as well. I didn't play the best and mispositioned Fangtooth & Corsair turn 1 lol (i was very hung over) I also though Sakana had range to score but for some reason thought the cat was the goal ( he was right next to goal) I was short an inch (very hungover). That was the game really. Brewers player was able to get a bunch of people on corsair and Fangtooth (which did last a long time). Grey scales was able to get a goal. I wish I wouldve played Angel instead of Jac. Jac didnt do much this game and I needed extra scoring. I think the lineup was fine but I just had a very poor game. 

Playing him makes you better at the game overall! You can't just get away with being anywhere on the table like with Shark. Another thing that is huge is its easy to spread influence around the team. Unlike shark he doesnt need that much to be influence if you have the ball. It very very difficult for them to keep the ball on a player if corsair is in the middle of the field. With sturdy and rough seas he can get the ball (as long as you can roll the hit). Also if they let the ball sit Sakana or grey scales can get the ball. Also Influence spread is great they can't just target a player and you have options if your early plan goes to crap. Corsair is fun just don't expect him to be the star player like shark, have the rest of the team do the goal scoring.

When did you find yourself dropping 1-Leg Stance? Nice reports, thanks! I'll try to add mine here soon. I've had a different experience with influence allocation, benefiting from allocating Corsair 6 and just applying a beating to someone critical (and generating momentum!).

First game I didn't use it haha. I guess I could've used it for the first turn goal with Angel. Second goal greyscales was way off on his own. Second game I used it so that grey scales could charge hooper tackle the ball and ignore the tackle on the counter attack. I really not impressed with 1leg stance.  If it was a pulse it would be soooo much better. Those were lazy reports I just hate writing them ;)

edit- Yes I have used alot of influence to kill with Corsair but only if the model has low health or very squishy.

Was running demo games at my LGS last week so had no Corsair yumminess to report.   Got a couple in last night though so I'll break them down.

Game 1.   Fishermen vs The Union

My Team: Corsair, Salt, Angel, Avarisse & Greede, Gutter and Siren

His Team: Blackheart, Coin, Gutter, Fangtooth, Minx, Hemlocke

Can't remember huge detail from this game since I was also explaining the mechanics to some spectators who asked if they could sit down and watch a game being played.

Main highlight was turn 1 kick off with Gütter. He sends Fangtooth up to get it and passed back to Blackheart. I had 4 on Gutter, 2 on Siren, 1 on Avarisse and 6 on Corsair. Gutter Chain Grab for 1, Gluttonous Mass, CG again, buys a couple of attacks. Siren Lures him across to be engaged by herself and Gutter, Avarisse runs up and engages. Corsair walks up, rolls 9 dice, KD and then buys another 5 hits with 10 dice dealing 4 damage per hit on a wrap.

Enough momentum to win initiative and take out FT at the top of turn 2 and get into some other players.   I took out Gutter, Minx and Blackheart and scored a goal with Siren for the win.

Game 2.  Fishermen vs. Engineers

My Team: Corsair, Salt, Sakana, Avarisse & Greede, Gutter and Siren.

His Team: Ballista, Mainspring, Velocity, Ratchet, Gutter and Decimate

I kicked off with Siren, he sent up Velocity with Nimble to retrieve the ball and sat her in cover after she kicked the ball back to someone.

Siren jogs across the pitch and Lure's her out of cover.   Then I got the team in with multiple ganging and singled out. Corsair came in rolling 11 dice (TAC 6 + 2 Singled Out + 3 ganging), KD then bought attacks vs Def 5 and managed to get her down to 3 health and won initiative for next turn.   He also sent in an overclocked Mainspring to dish out some hurt on my clumped models and Ratchet threw out a couple of AOEs which didn't tickle  2-0 at the end of turn 1 courtesy of Mainspring.

Turn 2 had Corsair take out Velocity at the start (4-0) and then went after Decimate - used harpoon to drag Ratchet in as well to make it a bit harder for him to throw out the AOEs again.  Avarisse came up to engage Ratchet

I really need to start recording my games properly as some of the play is a bit fuzzy but somewhere in turn 2 I took out Gutter as well to make it 6-0 ... he also took out Siren and my Gutter for 6-4

Turn 3, Corsair was engaged by Ballista, Decimate and Ratchet ... Avarisse was engaging Ratchet and Decimate, and Sakana was also engaging Ratchet. Activated Corsair, bought attack on Ratchet = TAC 6 + 2 gang - 2 crowd. Momentous KD. Buy attack on Decimate = TAC 6 +1 gang -1 crowd. Momentous KD. Buy attack on Ballista = TAC 6 -1 Cover. Momentous KD. Jog out of the melee, pass to Sakana who is 8" from goal. Bonus time snapshot and roll a 5 & 4.  10-4

He sent Decimate into Greede who died to the stiff breeze (10-6) and then he brought back Mainspring, overclocked and took out Salt (10-8)

With the amount of healing and clearing of conditions that I needed to do this turn I didnt have enough momentum to win the initiative.

Turn 4 started with Velocity in possession of the ball, in cover, in threat range of goal but engaged by Siren who was outside of her melee.  She couldnt go first since she would need to move to make the attack to get momentum and would then no longer be in a position to score.  So he activated Ballista first and went after Avarisse who had 3 health left and Sakana who had 5.  Put a Flurry onto Avarisse taking him to 1 hp and dealing 2 to Sakana (3 hp). attacked  Avarisse taking him out (10-10) and attackedd Sakana who did his Counter Attack.  Ballista put 1 or 2 damage into Sakana who was able to dodge out of melee with his Counter Attack and left Ballista without enough INF to make another ranged attack.

Corsair activates, fully loaded with INF and jogs to Gutter who is in cover, engaged by Sakana and has 3 HP left.  12-10 to the Fishermen.

Was a really strong showing from the Engineers and I thought I had lost it with my initiative roll given Velocities proximity to goal and the health left on Avarisse and Sakana.

There is a nice thread going on Engineers playing the ball more than going for Take-outs going on, and I think it will positively improve the overall game for those players.  Seems like your opponent went more for Take-outs, and couldn't quite get the Goals that would have tipped the scales.

I still have yet to face the Engineers, but I anticipate a difficult game.  They have some frightening abilities and great passing.

Thanks for sharing more Corsair battles Shano.  Keep them coming if you've got more!

Edited by Ryoshi
clarity

I had my first game with Corsair the other day and thought I would share.... and I really like him!! As someone mentioned earlier, he forces you to play GB better as you don't have Shark to just do it all.

I ran him with Salt, Angel, Sakana, Greyscales and Kraken.

I was playing against Masons and used Angel and Sakana up front, one on each side with Greyscales sweeping back and forward between them and Corsair who sat in the middle punching opponent players.
Kraken sat in the back line to help defend which he held the line wonderfully!

Corsair is a great passer from the midfield and is handy to generate momentum and KD a heap of players.
I used 'One Legged Stance' to get off a Snapshot with Sakana who had just scored and dodged out of base range, he missed the shot on a 1,1,2&3 but it was still worth the attempt. Won the game in the end with 2 goals from Greyscales as well as the 1 from Sakana.

It was so good spreading out the influence to other players and not having to load up Shark to make something happen. Will miss Shark but very happy with his replacement for the moment.

No games with Corsair last night ... played against The Union with Shark, Salt, Sakana, Jac, Fangtooth and Gutter.   Won 12-2 with 2 goals and 2 takeouts.

I'm starting to wonder more about Corsair... I tend to win all of my games with 2 goals 2 takeouts.  Shark tends to score both take-outs, but I think Corsair would do this much easier... hmm...

Corsair is a beast ... can easily dispatch most players in 1-2 activations.

With Shark, I generally use Shark and Sakana to focus on momentum generation and goal scoring and leave Fangtooth, Gutter and Jac to the take outs.

Last night I received the ball, had Shark get in attacking their Gutter for momentum, got the ball into Shark and proceeded to win the initiative for the next turn and scored with Shark in the first activation (4-0).

Softened up their Gutter with Sakana, Fantooth and my Gutter getting enough momentum to win the initiative for turn 3.   Shark activates first, tackles Hemlocke and scores (8-0).   He takes out Shark with Blackheart (8-2) and then Fangtooth and Sakana take out Gutter (10-2) ... he runs the ball to behind a forest with Decimate - putting her exactly 4" from the sideline.   Jac runs, buys an attack landing 2 hits on Decimate pushing her 1" then heroic off the board for the win (12-2).

Im working on balance in my Corsair list ... at the moment I think I may play him a little damage heavy as I've been getting 4 take outs and 1 goal.   With the nerf to Gutter I might see how Corsair, Salt, Sakana, Siren, Avarisse & Greede and then either Jac or Angel goes.

Got a game in last night with my Corsair team against the Morticians

My team:  Corsair, Salt, Sakana, Siren, Avarisse & Greede, Gutter

His team:  Obulus, Dirge, Silence, Ghast, Casket, Mist

I won the roll and elected to kick off.  Deployed most of my guys centrally with Sakana off to the side.   Kicked off with Siren and put the ball on the halfway line and managed to get a deviation of 1" to direction 1.

Turn 1:

- Dirge flys up and grabs the ball then releases to 1" behind him.

- Salt moves into Cover

- Silence runs to pick up the ball and throws out the Embalming Fluid AOE catching Salt and Siren but only Salt is hit by the play.   Passes the ball to Ghast.

- Siren jogs out of Cover across field into Cover from another obstruction and Lures Silence into melee.  Buys an attack and deals 1 damage.

- Obulus activates and Puppet Masters Silence back it his own half and puts Confidence on Ghast.

- Corsair activates, runs and Harpoons Dirge.  Buys an attack dealing 2 damage.

- Ghast passes the ball to Mist who Dodges 4" and then he moves up behind Obulus

- Gutter jogs into Cover and range of Dirge.  Buys two attacks for the take out (2-0)

- Casket moves up behind the same obstruction that Siren is next to

- Sakana runs into Cover and engages Casket

- Mist dodges, runs and shoots at goal while engaged with Salt. (2-4) and then Dodges back.  Goal kick scatters off

- Greede stays in Cover from the goal token and Avarisse runs up the board for better position.

Turn 2:

Fishermen win the initiative

- Corsair activates first and charges Silence, opponent plays Dont Touch The Hair.   I use the charge attack results for momentous Harpoon and push Silence b2b with Corsair - he then dodges his 2" and is still in melee.  Proceed to buy attacks on Silence taking his health to 8 and with my last attack get 4 results and do another momentous Harpoon to push Ghast into b2b with Corsair.

- Silence activates and puts Shutout on Avarisse and attempts Tucked on Siren but rolls a 3 .. he was out of range anyway due to Beautiful but with a 3 would only have been able to hit either Corsair or Avarisse who had no benefit from having that put on them.

- Gutter charges Mist, knocks him down and buys an attack.

- Obulus moves around behind Silence and Puppet Masters Casket forward then puts Confidence on Ghast - uses his Legendary Play taking the 5 momentum I have generated so far.

- Sakana starting in Cover and inside Casket's Foul Odour runs 8" around Casket grabbing the ball on his way then successfully kicks to Avarisse who then dodges into melee with Ghast.

- Ghast activates, attacks Avarisse getting the tackle and then moves around for a better position to kick into space rolling successfully for accuracy - doesnt leave Corsair's melee zone.  First deviation roll would snap to Gutter so he rerolled and it deviates about 3" away from Mist.

- Mist activates doing WTG? to dodge out of Gutter's melee and into Cover, then picks up the ball while running past.   Couldnt get into range for a shot without taking a parting blow from Gutter since he'd have to go back through her melee so he runs around to position for a score next turn.

- Greede moves around to block part of the goal

- Casket walks around Sakana so not to take a parting blow and puts Heavy Burden onto Avarisse.

- Siren jogs into between Corsair and Avarisse engaging Silence and Ghast

- Avarisse, who has 3 INF, buys an attack with 2 (first attack of the turn) against Ghast dealing 3 damage and a 2" push back into closer proximity of Corsair.  buys a second attack dealing 2 damage and another push.

Turn 3:

Morticians win the initiative

- Mist activates, charges Greede, gets a momentous result, shoots and scores (2-8).   Goal kick deviates into range for Gutter to take possession.

- Avarisse activates, buys an attack on Ghast putting Singled Out on him and buys a second attack knocking him down.

- Silence activates putting Shutout on Corsair (who has 6 INF)

- Salt activates and stays in Cover

- Ghast activates and stands up (pretty sure he had 0 IF this turn)

- Gutter activates and Charges Ghast (TAC 5 + 2 Singled Out + 3 crowds + 4 charge) getting 9 results.  Double Scything Blow .. also gets Avarisse.

- Obulus activates, puppet masters Gutter who passes the ball to Obulus.  He then runs around and drops the ball in space closer to my goal.

- Sakana activates, runs to get the ball and back to his spot then passes back to Gutter with -1 dice due to Casket being in ball path.

- Casket activates advances up to Gutter, buys an attack and tackles

- Greede stays in Cover and engaging Mist

- Corsair activates and proceeds to beat down Ghast taking him out is 1-2 hits dealing 5 damage per hit with wraps (4-8) and then buys attacks on Silence leaving him with 2-3 health.

Turn 4:

Fishermen win initiative

- Corsair activates taking out Silence (6-8) then charges Casket, knocking him down (Gutter takes possession off the scatter) and buying some attacks ... didnt really have much left to do with the influence.   Puts up his legendary play.

- Obulus activates, Puppet Masters Gutter into his melee zone, buys an attack and chooses a Tackle which triggers Close Control from Corsair's legendary.  Buys another attack which Gutter counter-attacks.  He tackles and I tackle it back.  I think he had one left and bought another attack but only got a single result.

- Gutter activates, under Corsair's legendary she is 4/8" kick.  She jogs to within 8" of goal which still leaves me engaged with Obulus.  Goes for a bonus time! shot and scores (10-8).   I played Knee Slider and she dodges 8" towards his goal to engage Ghast who came back on at the beginning of turn.  Goal kick comes out and deviates within threat range of Mist.

- Mist activates, is engaged by Greede so does WTG? to dodge towards the ball.  Runs to get the ball with 2.5" of movement remaining and manages to get into goal scoring range.   Only has enough momentum for the shot so no Bonus Time!, rolls three dice and the highest result is a 3 ......  Ball scatters and Greede can intercept.

- Greede activates, jogs 4" and drops the ball 1" away which is inside 1" of Sakana for him to take possession.

- Ghast activates and buys a couple of attacks on Gutter.

- Sakana activates and successfully passes the ball to Avarisse (who is 2/8" kick under legendary) who then dodges 4" into goal threat.

- Casket activates, clears his conditions with momentum and runs to Avarisse taking a parting blow from Sakana which does 1-2 damage.   He then buys an attack on Avarisse knocking him down and the ball scatters towards Ghast but stops about 1.5-2" away from him.

- Avarisse stands up and buys a couple of attacks on Casket.

- Salt stays in Cover

Turn 5:

Fishermen win initiative

- Gutter activates with 4 INF ... jogs 3" to get the ball and 3" back to have a clear shot on goal.   spends 2 for an attack on Ghast, gets a momentum, buys another attack, gets a momentum.  Uses the last for a shot on goal and has the momentum for Bonus Time! as well, so 3 dice and gets the goal (12 [14] - 8).

Thoughts:

• Was a solid game and I got pretty lucky with his miss on goal else it would have been 10-12 to him ....
  • After his goal in turn 1 I should have played Make a Game of it but forgot it was in my hand.  That could have made turn 2 interesting.
  • The turn that I used Corsair's legendary I should have put Stand Firm (Sturdy) on to someone ... that would really have only come into play if I put it on Avarisse, but since Gutter had the ball at the time she would have been the likely target.  Still, probably would have been a better use of INF than acting like Deadpool hitting Colossus on the bridge by buying attacks on Casket
  • He could possibly have gone for a takeout on Greede, so I need to keep his positioning in mind but it worked out ok.
  • Overall I was pretty happy with what I got out of my team though without Jac on the field I felt as though Salt was a bit of a dead weight so I just left him in a defensive position as an "influence battery" and Siren got nothing done outside of the first turn except for some crowding bonuses.

23 minutes ago, Shano said:

Silence runs to pick up the ball and throws out a Rough Ground AOE catching Salt and Siren but only Salt is hit by the play.   Passes the ball to Ghast.

Silence doesn't have an AOE rough ground play.

10 minutes ago, Shano said:

Fixed .... Burning which then gives -2"/-2" movement ... same as Rough Ground.

Well, yes and no. In your example Siren was missed, an AOE rough ground would've then slowed her down regardless of being able to hit her.