malladin.ben

OMG I'm gonna be on TV

Hi all, on Thursday I will be recording a batrep with James for his Abattoir Away Days on YouTube (Hot Gates Gaming is a great channel for butchers batrep, if you've not checked it out yet).

Our game will be a butchers vs butchers game, so I thought there might be a bit of interest here in a preview of what we're planning. 

We're going to play two almost entirely different teams:

Me: Boar, Boiler, Meathook and Rage

James: Boiler, Brisket, Shank and Tenderiser

Damage output vs football prowess? 10 vs 12 INF? What will be the telling factor?

Tenderizer is a bit of a waste on his end with him also having the common Strikers. Surprised that Gutter didn't make either squad. Shank is just as damaging as Meathook, so I'd give him the advantage - it should be decently easy for him to pot 1 or 2 goals.

4 minutes ago, Razcalking said:

Tenderizer is a bit of a waste on his end with him also having the common Strikers. Surprised that Gutter didn't make either squad. Shank is just as damaging as Meathook, so I'd give him the advantage - it should be decently easy for him to pot 1 or 2 goals.

I think Tenderiser can really turn off his opponent's scoring game in this match-up.

I actually just started watching the Abbatoir Away Days, they're good videos.

My only request would be have a running total of the score somewhere on the vid, or possibly just say what the VPs are at the end of every turn, it's easy to lose track.

As for the match up, I think my money's on the footbally team. 10 Influence is so few Influence! I always feel like you don't need Rage and Boar in the same list, since they're very similar players.

19 minutes ago, TheLieutenant said:

I actually just started watching the Abbatoir Away Days, they're good videos.

My only request would be have a running total of the score somewhere on the vid, or possibly just say what the VPs are at the end of every turn, it's easy to lose track.

As for the match up, I think my money's on the footbally team. 10 Influence is so few Influence! I always feel like you don't need Rage and Boar in the same list, since they're very similar players.

Hmm. I dunno, Masons seem happy with Flint and Mist. If the goal is "kill everything", it seems okay to double up.

23 minutes ago, Captain Sparks said:

Or just wreck face mid field. Ground Pound is nasty vs Brewers or in a mirror match.

True, but then he's using more Influence than he produces. Good, but inefficient.

Here's how team selection went. I said I was going to use meathook (for the first time) and so said I wanted to use rage and boiler for the extra bleed. James is a pure guild player and everyone else he's played against has kept pure against him. I suggested we split the players between us, but knowing the maths meant that there needed to be a single duplicated player. I let him then pick his team, knowing he doesn't have meathook or rage, and strongly suspecting he'd want to double up Boiler because I think he's both of our favourite player. I was then left with whatever he didn't want to use, which was Boar.

Neither team has been selected for optimal competitive performance, but to showcase all the butchers talent and with two differently focused teams.

Cheerio, 

Ben 

I think it is great! Good overview, great film and informative commentary...and nice to have that endgame briefing. All have been cut into a format which give you it all and keeps it from being boring.

Especially I have learned alot as a new player to the game. It helps me se the rules being played out and I can see where I am right and wrong in my understanding of the rules. Furthermore I get to see plays with models that I havent used or thought of using in that way (thinking Tenderiser in this game). 

Up next is the Butchers vs Alchemists...I want to see all those poisonous blinding pyrotechnic in play!

Keep up the good and helpfull work!

Yours faithfully

Banshee