SFG Forums Closing On March 11th 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
LionTamer

Casual/Learning Vassal Matches

Hey all,

I'd like to get some games in on the module, any takers?

Also feel free to use this thread to ask random people for games or put up times you're able to play etc.

let me get this week out of the way and then I'll be up for some games...Mondays are good...Tuesdays if you want to stream it? 

Back from an incredibly long hiatus (largely due to my being an idiot and not realizing the forum was live again):

LionTamer I'd also be up for some games and helping you familiarize yourself with the module. Just shoot me a PM if you want to try scheduling a game sometime. I'm finishing up the models for the Brewers and Alchemists as we speak (really really long overdue, sorry Mat/Rich!!) and should have a version of the module with them implemented very soon. And another one version following that with, what I hope, is enhanced functionality and ease of use. Looking forward to getting back into the mix of things!

I'm definitely up for this. I'm a newbie to Guild Ball and super excited for it. I suppose once I've read the rules and installed Vassal I'll come back and ask about games.

Hey hans_co! Please do, LionTamer and I are trying to hash out a good time to get together for games (busy summer school schedules and family stuff are complicating things) maybe we can find a day where the three of us can be online at the same time and I can run you both through the vassal stuff and we can get some games in. 

After the update last night I'm working on getting the Engineers models in the module as well as it seems we're not too terribly far out from their rules. Reeeaaally looking forward to seeing how those guys are going to work, unfortunately its going to be a bit of work as I don't have the template for 50mm player models yet!

Guys, anyone free for the game tonight? I'll be up for it about 7pm London time. Any takers?

I haven't had much of a chance to read the rules as much as I'd like, So it would have to be a teaching game, but I know how to use Vassal fairly well having written the Malifaux and Puppet Wars Vassal Mods.

Sure. I never played GB vassal module but spent plenty of time playing WMH one so we will be nicely matched. :)

So 7pm it is?

Do you have preferences on team you'd like to use/face? I wanted to either play Fishermen for more table time or try Morticians as I never had opportunity to put them on the table. I have a feeling Fishermen will be more suited for 1st game. But if you'd like to use those, I have nothing against using Butchers.

Anyone available this week/weekend to play? I'm thinking Friday or Saturday. I'm at GMT -8, so that may be a problem, since I think most of you are GB folk. It looks like my morning (9am) is your evening (5pm), and my late night (say midnight) is your morning (8am). I can do Friday at midnight (your Saturday morning) or Saturday in the morning (your Saturday evening).

You'd also have to be patient with me as I learn the Vassal module. I've used Vassal before, but it's been years and I never used it much.

I'm still game for it whenver, though I do require a bit of heads up just to make sure I can free the time slot up. Shoot me a PM or an email a day or 2 in advance and I can make most appointments (barring family obligations or whatever). hans_co I should be almost entirely free during those time blocks so I would certainly be happy to get a game or 2 in. And no worries on the vassal unfamiliarity I will help you with whatever you need to pick up!

Okay, I will just hijack this thread: Since the rules have been published and the figures are about to come around, I'd like to get an introduction into the Vassal module to play and learn the new rules with some other people. Maybe I can even go to SPIEL if Guild Ball is present and help demoing the game.

Vassal module is currently being worked on - should have an update soon :)

Is there an ETA on the update? My friend in Canada started to get excited in Guild Ball and plan to have a demo game with him on Vassal but I don't know for how long his interest will last. :)

I've been reliably informed (by ratty) that there's a decent chance of the module being ready for review this evening...that being the case, i'll almost certainly be online tomorrow night for some gaming goodness...

anyone know anything about Teamspeak or similar group chat app? would be good to get a lobby going...

Backbone done, New 2'x2' board added for 3x3 starter games, All players updated and Starter 3x3 players added. Plots updated. All that needs to be done is a bit of tinkering with the controls so that we get an easy to remember hotkey setup (Mat doesn't like WASD for movement so I'm moving them onto the cursors), and to put in the updated Stat cards. I'm gaming tonight, but I will probably be getting it finished when I get back.. So mid-afternoon tomorrow is very likely.

Afraid I can't actually do this weekend but week nights should be good. Used to use teamspeak but can you group chat on steam or anything? I know you can single chat and I assume most people have steam on their PC's nowadays if you play the occasional PC game. We could make a steam GuildBall group for just such a purpose

So I have created a group on Steam just in case. Feel free to add yourselves and I am happy to pass control over to someone else when any of the big hitters join!

Also add me on steam: sonofthelight

If you can't find the group add me and I will invite you to the group. Details below.

Group name: Guild Ball

Group ID: 8142553