arabicjesus

Winning Ways for your Guild Ball Plays (BLOG)

I started a blog to put down my thoughts on Guild Ball. Since I only have Butchers at this point I mainly talk about that, and Math. But don't worry, I crunch all the numbers behind the scenes and make charts and graphs for the readers to show what I've found.

Blog here: http://mountaineersguild.com/wp/?cat=16

(Other stuff is on that website. Like other blogs from locals and videos to come!)

9 hours ago, arabicjesus said:

Thanks for the replies. If anyone has questions they want answered I am up for it. I like to figure things out. 

I'd quite like to see some maths or thought in general on the use of a thousand cuts, shanks 3 influence play when is it worth using this over just charging and a second attack?  Although I appreciate that's quite specific. 

On 1/15/2016 at 4:54 AM, Sandwichdan said:

I'd quite like to see some maths or thought in general on the use of a thousand cuts, shanks 3 influence play when is it worth using this over just charging and a second attack?  Although I appreciate that's quite specific. 

Working on it...

On 1/15/2016 at 4:54 AM, Sandwichdan said:

Article is up and I hope I've answered your question well enough. Click Me! 

Nice rundown, thanks for taking the time.

Would love to see the Math on setting up Commanding Aura - from the Playbook or paying for it. I often find myself wondering if I should charge with Blackheart to proc it off the playbook, or pay for it upfront and benefit from the additional TAC and damage immediately. 

I'll keep that in mind. I don't play any guilds that have commanding aura (Blackheart and Tapper have it at least), but I'll look into it when I have time but no ideas for myself. I'm glad I looked into Thousand Cuts on Shank though. He's one of my favorites.

I've been using it when there's a must kill target for boiler and Princess, making a 4+ a 2+ pretty much guarantees a lap on boiler which adds 3 damage generally with the owner and Princess. 

I've heard good things about targeting 2+ Base models for extra dice aswell 

I mean when it comes down to it it's good in most situations but I have trust issues throwing three dice at a 5+ model. 

5 hours ago, sious_69 said:

My policy on Thousand Cuts after a few games is always, always choose Thousand Cuts when you can proc it on the charge. It almost always pays itself back, either with Shanks last two attacks, or future activations.

Yeah. My conclusions support this. Any time you can get it off of an attack is a pretty good choice. It's just not worth paying 3 influence for.

I didn't pin him down, I used dodges off of someone else to engage him. She put plenty of damage on him when she got there. I'm starting to forget that game now, but I'm pretty sure she was not the one to finish off. Played another game against the same player playing the same team last night and actually kill Obulous with Fillet, and put some attacks on casket while I was at it. Same tactic of using attacks to dodge into combat with him.

Interesting stuff! I think that merging defence levels can be a bit misleading when TAC isn't 6 though, particularly when it comes to the chances of getting Blood Rain off. She only does Boiler+Princess levels of damage if the target's bleeding.

I calculate everything separately and then I combined them. There was a difference with the Blood Rain based on armor defense value, but it wasn't as big of a difference as I thought there would be. It still was basically the same chance at 3/1 as 4/0, just like when doing damage.