Qgraphic

Fields of Glory - 20 February, Dordrecht, The Netherlands

We're playing the first (that we know of) Dutch Guild Ball tournament on the 20th of February at the 4Yourgames in Dordrecht, The Netherlands.

The format will be:
- Quick and Dirty
- Playing on instinct
- Strength in Depth

The store/venue opens at 10 and the tournament will start around 11. Tickets are 5 euro and there will be prize support for the winner. More information is availible at https://www.facebook.com/events/1676149792668406/ (in Dutch) So, for any living in the area, we hope to see you on the 20th :D

6 minutes ago, Driezeke said:

Jes, make it sanctioned and i'll play engeneers :P

I want to make that happen, but you need a Tiebreak Event ID for the sanctioning proces and I don't have one of those (yet)

1 hour ago, TafelTOP said:

Forgot to take it with me.

But here is a screenshot with the final results.
My name is Rob. ;)

score.jpeg

Oooh Lieven Won??  Isn't he a Belgian also?? (like me)  Makes my smile just an inch wider :P

8 hours ago, Bob The Builder said:

Oooh Lieven Won??  Isn't he a Belgian also?? (like me)  Makes my smile just an inch wider :P

I knew this would turn out being about national pride :P No worries, we'll return the favor on the Belgian tournament. Joking aside, it was really fun last saturday, shame you couldn't make it 

4 hours ago, Qgraphic said:

I knew this would turn out being about national pride :P No worries, we'll return the favor on the Belgian tournament. Joking aside, it was really fun last saturday, shame you couldn't make it 

Nothing wrong with a bith of friendly and healthy natinal pride! Espacially between our countries.  Not sure when or why this all started though...  In my mind it has always been!

It was a shame I couldn't make it...  But life is what it is.  I'm sure we'll meet up in the future where you'll pummel that grin right of my face :P

2 minutes ago, Bob The Builder said:

Nothing wrong with a bith of friendly and healthy natinal pride! Espacially between our countries.  Not sure when or why this all started though...  In my mind it has always been!

It was a shame I couldn't make it...  But life is what it is.  I'm sure we'll meet up in the future where you'll pummel that grin right of my face :P

Think it started when Belgium decided it didn't want to be a part of the Netherlands anymore, way back when. But yea, nothing wrong with a little friendly rivalry.

I'm not really that great of a player so that grin probably stays a grin or gets upgraded to a full-blown laugh :D

35 minutes ago, Bob The Builder said:

Hmm King Willem I and religion, something to talk about when we're exchanging blows :D (only to distract you of course so I can sneak in some dirty plays)

As long as we don't forget to actually play Guild Ball, I see nothing wrong with that statement :P

1 minute ago, Lindoras said:
  • We just need a GB player from Luxembourg...

They speak French in Luxembourg right? Since my French consists of 'croissant' and 'omelet du fromage' I won't be much of a help there...

4 minutes ago, Qgraphic said:

They speak French in Luxembourg right? Since my French consists of 'croissant' and 'omelet du fromage' I won't be much of a help there...

Most of them also speak Dutch. Believe it or not...

On 26 februari 2016 at 0:39 PM, Lindoras said:

Most of them also speak Dutch. Believe it or not...

nope, french or german i think,or if you are verry lucky and find a touristy place they might speak some dutch.

And Btw come get your revenge folks on the 24th of februari in Antwerp!

On 3/5/2016 at 0:43 PM, Driezeke said:

nope, french or german i think,or if you are verry lucky and find a touristy place they might speak some dutch.

And Btw come get your revenge folks on the 24th of februari in Antwerp!

Also Letzeburgs /Luxembourgois, which is pretty much the illegitimate bastard child of the previous two. Quite a few people in the Belgian province of Luxemburg (including it's main city, coincidentally also named Luxemburg) do speak Dutch for touristic reasons though.

To avoid confusion, that's April 24. ;) 

5 hours ago, Pangur Ban said:

To avoid confusion, that's April 24. ;) 

I will be there with my morticians. I ddn't play against Driekzeke's Brewers in Dordrecht (Netherlands), but Lieven wons with his Masons. Revanche!