TanE

TanE's Morticians, Union and Blacksmith

On 17.6.2017 at 10:16 AM, Anphiarus said:

My favourite team on this forum, loving all the additional details and touches. Really looking forward to Brainpan, keep up the great work.

:wub: I have this opinion of your teams! Brainpan is table ready, but need some improvements.

Today I finally finished Fangtooth. I needed some space on my workbench. In the last time he stand's there and roared: "Paint ME, NAO!" but I had to paint other one's with priority. But today was his day... ;) (click for larger images)

ft3.jpg

ft4.jpg

ft2.jpg

Even though I would prefer a more rusted chains for this mini, I must say that you have made a very good job on painting them. Shadowing and highlighting each one of them and then outlining them is hard work, and you did it perfectly.

Thank you! It's true, that a more dirty and rusty look would fit better for Fangtooth, but then he would differ too much from my theme, I think.

Yesterday I finished Coin. I didn't created a crazy cool pattern like some others here on the forums. He is more or less bright in his colours: from purple to green/blue (click for larger images).

coin2.jpg

coin3.jpg

Yay! Back from holiday and now with a PC and a good internet connection, I am able to post my progress here not only on Twitter. During holiday I managed to paint Bennediction and Blackheart. Both without a base, because I had not packed my full utilities for this kind in my small carrying case. I have to create them in the next time. For now, here are my fresh painted ones (click to enlarge):

blackheart1.jpg blackheart2.jpg benny1.jpg benny2.jpg

The cloak of Blackheart is not good to capture with my smartphone, sorry for that. And I'm still unsure, if i paint some freehands on the cloak of Benny. Maybe it would be too much.

I think you're right, the heavily detailed armour works well with the nice plain cloth. At most, maybe a small detail on the hanging corner.

Great work as always, blackhearts sword really gleams :)

11 hours ago, Mako said:

At most, maybe a small detail on the hanging corner.

Was my tought about it, too. Well, we will see! :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Mako said:

Great work as always, blackhearts sword really gleams :)

Yes, it's a sharp one! B)

Quick update: Because I used with my smartphone as a "submarine", I can't take pictures at the moment.  Amazingly, it survived the water, but the camera take "foggy" pictures now. :wacko: But I'm working on a more extensive (?) terrain project! :ph34r:

So f***ing annoying, when you do some work with an airbrush and want to spray "only" a nice little piece with a stencil over a nearly finished work, and then the colour runs away under the stencil and ruin the rest. :angry:

At least I could correct it, but wasn't good for my mood first. <_<

Congrats on some well deserved wins at the weekend @TanE!

Anyone that didn’t get to see that graveyard close up (and with the smoke machine running) missed out big time :)

You’ve set a high bar for future ones, I’m going to have to try harder next year! 

Man, your painting skills are incredible. Very nice job. I'm a new player and I've just bought me my Morticians, because I'm heavily hooked up to them. The assembling and painting is in front of me then. I'm crafty and I can manage I would say, but how can I achieve this level of painting? Also, what paints or brushes (brand etc) should I use? Do you got any advice or links,where I can learn? I would like to have some great miniatures too! Thank you and again, great job with these!

It's more or less experience. ^_^ I paint miniatures since ~25 years (HeroQuest, BattleTech and Revell models with Revell colours), since ~20 with acrylics. I never had the time to get "really on pro level", but with Guildball I claim to get some better results.

There are many blogs about colours and painting techniques. My style is based on layering and wet-in-wet parts. Most of the time I use brushes in size 0 and 2. That suits best for me. There are some really good painters, that hold painting education weekends. As I heared, it's most of the time a huge boost of the participants painting skills.

For my tray on the SteamCon UK I made a great leap forward with airbrush techniques for the background.

Yay, we bought a new camera for holidays... and you don't believe it, it can take pictures of miniatures, too! :lol:

So I took some of my SteamCon entry and something fresh work for my blacksmiths:

My tray (smoke and light off)

trayklein.jpg

I had to change my goal-marker, because the miniature on it before was from Confrontion. So it wasn't allowed:

torklein.jpg

I changed it vs. a resin casket, made some handles for it, cut an Omega into it and now the lamp in the marker illuminate the guild sign from behind.

My ball marker:

ballklein.jpg

The flowers are selfmade of green stuff and wire.

With the new camera, the pinstripes on the trousers of Avarisse can be seen!

avarisseklein.jpg

Not new, but I like the picture ^_^:

memoryklein.jpg

New, but only a decoration :ph34r: my VetGraves - playing doctor at the sideline:

vetgravesklein.jpg

Maybe it's better not to get injured... :D

Aaand a small conversion of my Cinder. In my opinion, her neck was to long. So I padded her breastplate with some greenstuff. In my eyes the proportion is better now:

cinderklein.jpg

At the moment I get closer for priming my BS. Yesterday I got a laser cut kit for my goal marker and have to scratchbuild some things for it. Will take pictures, when it's done.

On 29/12/2017 at 4:16 PM, TanE said:

Yay, we bought a new camera for holidays... and you don't believe it, it can take pictures of miniatures, too! :lol:

So I took some of my SteamCon entry and something fresh work for my blacksmiths:

My tray (smoke and light off)

trayklein.jpg

I had to change my goal-marker, because the miniature on it before was from Confrontion. So it wasn't allowed:

torklein.jpg

I changed it vs. a resin casket, made some handles for it, cut an Omega into it and now the lamp in the marker illuminate the guild sign from behind.

My ball marker:

ballklein.jpg

The flowers are selfmade of green stuff and wire.

With the new camera, the pinstripes on the trousers of Avarisse can be seen!

avarisseklein.jpg

Not new, but I like the picture ^_^:

memoryklein.jpg

New, but only a decoration :ph34r: my VetGraves - playing doctor at the sideline:

vetgravesklein.jpg

Maybe it's better not to get injured... :D

Aaand a small conversion of my Cinder. In my opinion, her neck was to long. So I padded her breastplate with some greenstuff. In my eyes the proportion is better now:

cinderklein.jpg

At the moment I get closer for priming my BS. Yesterday I got a laser cut kit for my goal marker and have to scratchbuild some things for it. Will take pictures, when it's done.

Skeletor for the win!! 💀

I'll stick with what I said before, best team on this forum, the backdrop is gorgeous! (Skeletor in the crowd gave me a good laugh). Really looking forward to seeing what you can do with the Blacksmiths, the subtle changes to Cinder look excellent!

On ‎30‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 4:32 PM, Redtiger7 said:

Hey look, Epic Chris was at that game.

Insider, I think. Didn't get that. ;)

+++++++++++

Yeah, I liked the idea from a friend to paint Skeletor in the background! So it's not too serious business. But unbelievable, I met Players who doesn't know Skeletor... :ph34r:

+++++++++++

My Blacksmiths got primed yesterday. I work on them since SteamCon and I like them very much, but sometimes it was really annoying to clean the moldlines. Sledge hit it really hard at his neck, Hearth wasn't easy, too. Anvil got some greenstuff on his trousers to cover it, Furnace needed some work on his hair and needed to cut of his arms to kill moldlines and there was more...

OK, in the eyes of some other people it's less bad but I'm a "little bit" pedantic at this :rolleyes: and I would prefer, if the new teams won't come glued, to get easier access to all moldlines.

During the holidays I prepared the bases for the BS. Because there is wrecker, I liked the idea to place a tiny armadillo anywhere. In the end, jumping Bolt got it.

DS7pTSWW0AAJ0B3.jpg:large

I just realized, that I didn't showed pictures of Ferrite and Iron here. Both got some drastic treatment. Because Twitter is a b****, I only have these teasers for you!

DNpZJwEXkAEm4mK.jpgDS72snOWkAEppz-.jpg:large

Nearly finished my winter painting contest entry. It's just in time because I'm on Holiday from friday to monday... Have to wait, that the painted model dries until after work. But here is a picture of the handmade parts before priming:

dsc_0097.jpg

The christmas tree balls are made from wood, wire and greenstuff. The present from grey- and greenstuff. The sword is made of plastic card, wrapped with greenstuff. The tree had been cut into a smaller size and "stand" in a "forged tree stand" made of greenstuff. ^_^

Started yesterday with the "serious business" of my Blacksmiths. ;) To test my scheme, shading and more I began with the largest parts which were available: the shields of Anvil and Burnish. Anvil's shield need some more highlights but Burnish's one is OK so far. The Flame Belcher isn't finished yet. 

bsanvil.jpgbsburnish.jpg