TanE

TanE's Morticians, Union and Blacksmith - now with Brewer's!

I'm a slow painter. I don't have the time I would like to have for painting and playing. But I enjoy it very much, when I finished a miniature and much more, when it get some table time.

Two or three month ago I started with Guildball and choosed the Spooks. It was the first time, that I had the chance to choose a faction freely, because I was the first in my gaming club collecting Guild Ball. When we start a new game, we normally try to choose different factions and not to double some on the start. But I never was the first, when starting a new system - but for this time! B)

After some rounds with the models of the starterbox, I bought the rest of three team members to fill the ranks to a full team. In the meantime I began painting Obulus, but stuck with the feather coat. So I took a reacreation of him and started with my new Ghast, one of my favorit of the Morticians. After a game I played yesterday, I finished him today. But because I didn't know if I do myself a Guild Ball gaming table or buying a gamemat, I don't finished the base and doesn't used dull coat spray on him. But I hope you still like him:

ghast1klein.jpg

ghast2klein.jpg

Wow, that's gorgeous. Great colours and lovely smooth blending. Your nmm is excellent.

The time you've taken shows. Looking forward to seeing more. 

Uh, that was a bad picture. Sorry for that, I made the first entry with my mobile. Now I rescaled the picture for a better quality.

A small update from the painting table:

wip.jpg

It took a long time until I knew, what I want to do with my base decoration. I don't wanted simple sand and gras as a finish for all. I thought about creating a "market place" playing field with cobblestone, with wett stones as fast ground, market booth as cover and a well/fountain as obstruction. But I didn't found a cheap and nice foundation for a "fast" creation of such a large cobblestone field. The only way, that suites my taste until today is to cut flat "Stones" from a 4x4mm rod. But the rod is hard enough, that it isn't easy to cut them barely flat/straight.

So I changed my mind  to create a graveyard with cobblestone pavements to the graves - maybe. ;)

In the end I considered to a mix of base decorations with earth and/or cobblestone. Here is an example of a pure stone decoration:

ball.jpg

The cobblestones are nearly finished,

Really nice work there. Ghast looks like he has high heels on in your first set of pictures which made me chuckle. Looking forward to seeing them all done

10 hours ago, RuntotheHills said:

They look great. Like your bases. Would like to see your Obulus and Cosset close up!

Obulus is finished, but he is covered with a glossy coat and pictures won't be good. When his base is ready, and put dull coat on him, I will post some pictures. Cosset isn't finished. Her hair and weapon need some more time and the base is untouched.

10 hours ago, UciB said:

Really nice work there. Ghast looks like he has high heels on in your first set of pictures which made me chuckle. Looking forward to seeing them all done

Hm, now I can follow ur thoughts! :D

13 hours ago, Hylo said:

This is incredible work, and lovely to see Ghast too, one of my favourite models. 

My, too! ;)

On ‎19‎.‎02‎.‎2016 at 0:45 PM, sasheep said:

Dude how did you make your bases and the gravestones? Is it all just plasticard? And if so, what thickness do you use?

The Gravestones from Obulus and Bonesaw are Bitz from Ziterdes, but could be made from scratch, too. The flat one on the base of Ghast is scratchbuild with plastic Card (1mm) in two layers (different size).

The cobblestones are made from a 4x4mm plastic rod.

In the meantime I finished Casket, but I have to coat it with satin finish. Then I will take some pictures. :)

I was on a tournament this Weekend and pushed myself a little harder to get some miniatures ready to field. Some pictures were taken, so here are two of them:

Obulus, rdy for Puppet Mastering: ;)

obulus.jpg

He will get some ivy for the gravestone in the near future. And here is Mist, flying on his staff:

mist.jpg

Thank you!

The cobblestones are made from a 4x4mm plastic rod. I cut it with a japanese saw in tiny "stones". :) After cutting you have to clean the stones from plastic splinters, then they are ready for basing.

I made them myself. :D Because I upgrade my scatter templates and some rulers at the moment (have to harden), I can only show you some parts of my set (INF, Goal-INF, activation, icy sponges, AOE 3", basehuggers for 30/40/50mm and my tracker):

tracker.jpg

Oh, and the sun was bright enough today, to take a bunch of pictures of my mostly finished Team (some stuff like gras are still missing on the bases or have to be completed):

tball1.jpgtball2.jpg  tobulus1.jpgtobulus2.jpg

tdirge1.jpgtdirge2.jpg tcasket1.jpgtcasket2.jpg
tghast1.jpgtghast2.jpg tmist1.jpgtmist2.jpg
trage1.jpgtrage2.jpg tsilence1.jpgtsilence2.jpg

I painted Dirge like a "Pied Crow", so he isn't completely black. I wanted him different than normal.

320px-Corvus_albus_-Etosha_National_Park

Here we go, next bases ready for primer:

dsc_1014.jpg

I found a nice fence for model railways. But I'm not sure if I paint it golden, like the obvious highlights in my Mortis or in dark metal lige the bonesaw of Ghast. I think I prefer the dark metal.