malladin.ben

Rankings Website

Hi all,

I've been doing some work on my website to host my unofficial rankings. Not quite done yet, but you can see where I'm going with it, and access quite a bit of information.

If you want to get in touch with me if there's any details about yourself that need updating, or if you're a TO with data to add just drop me a pm on here.

Here's the link:

http://www.theblackorifice.co.uk/page.php?main=gbrankings

Happy Christmas folks!

Sweet! A couple of questions:

1) what does the guild icon is the last column represent? I assume most of these players play more than one guild. Is it the most recent played? Most played?

2) It would be cool to see an aggregate of games by guild rather than by player, like you've posted in the past.

I have been busy working away on the rankings website over the last week or so and can finally say I've got it finished (or at least everything I was planning - happy to add in other things if people have suggestions)

http://theblackorifice.co.uk/page.php?main=gbrankings

New features and how to access them:
1. The "icon" column gives the team icon to the player with the highest ranking total (top 4 events) with using the team in question.
2. Clicking on the icon takes you to a view filtered by the guild selected, showing the relative position of each player using results scored only with that team. You can also access this view by clicking on the guild icon in the table on the right.
3. Clicking on a player will show you the individual results for each player. Their top 4 events are highlighted in yellow.
4. Clicking on an event name on the right, or from the player view, will take you to the results for the event selected.
5. Clicking on the country code will take you to a view that shows you the results filtered by country (although at the moment there's only one country included).

Question - on the team ranking on the right, how are the Masons ranked higher than Fishermen with a worse win% and fewer games played?  Is it based on the ranking scale - so for example more wins against the Union are move valuable because the Union are higher up the ladder?

2 hours ago, niceas said:

Question - on the team ranking on the right, how are the Masons ranked higher than Fishermen with a worse win% and fewer games played?  Is it based on the ranking scale - so for example more wins against the Union are move valuable because the Union are higher up the ladder?

It is indeed ordered by the ranking pts. These are adjusted based on the average previous performance of players at the event the points were earned at, and includes the finishing position in the calculation, hence factoring in the strength of challenge in the games played.