Sign in to follow this  
tehlon

Is this a reasonable Team for a New Player?

My wife and I are just starting to get our models in the mail / painted. I opted for butchers using the following models:

Ox

Princess

Brisket

Boiler

Boar

Shank

I figured this should be a good starter beat um up team. Will it be able to hold it's own after the beginner phase? I've read that Gutter is an extremely strong model in butchers. She does seem like a basically better version of Boiler. How would you recommend building from here? What are some common newbie butcher team building pitfalls?

The standard 6 are the easiest to learn to play with. It has everything a growing boys need. Boiler will be your best player once you learn to set things up right. Ox within 4" legendary, princess engaging. Boiler mauls everything. I had him doing 9 DMG per attack against low defence players. Do not overlook boiler, your opponent will. Gutter is great. I usually drop brisket for her. Brisket is great at shooting, but shank can do it just fine, and have an easier time getting around to the goal.

You don't always have to set up everything like I listed, boiler with princess is more than enough. And I've had great success just using ox's legendary just remove a single player (someone like flint who's out and alone)

Gutter and boiler actually do quite different things for the butchers. Gutter is there for the chain grab push and spreading the damage around with scything blows. Boiler operates as a one-man damage machine, able (with the dog's help) to grind through the toughest opponent. Gutter's great if you can get a nice 2+Def target in close proximity of a number of harder to hit teammates, but if the enemy knows what they're doing they won't give you that set up.