Stone.and.Mortar

Vassal Bug/Suggestion Thread

The issue I found was, ironically as it was a smoke screen, seeing the info on the models underneath them. How many HP were left. Or conditions etc.

A couple of us were talking recently about how much the clock adds to the game and wondered if it would be possible to add it as an option to the client. As in death clock, timers for each player.

Would help people who don't have much experience of it to try it out and might also speed up some of the games. I can play on the clock but my default speed is slower if it isn't used.

I disagree, it would focus the mind in an environment where you can over analyse things for a long time otherwise. But it sounds like it's not possible so it doesn't matter.

Ps ratty, thanks for the work, it's a great module. Best one on vassal ive played on by far.

If you select the AoE I believe I've set it to go semi clear. I could design it to go move transparent than that

First, great work on the module! I've played several board game modules on Vassal and this is easily one of the best modules I've played on. 

I played a full game for the first time last night on the module as the Engineers and was dropping 3" AOEs all over for Blast Earth. 

We did notice that by selecting the AOE it will become more transparent, but that immediately ends when you select the figure underneath. And we were unable to see the compass arrow (left and right arrow command), so a lot of the Pushes directly away were free hand (not a dealbreaker). Is there an Order function to Send to Back or Bring to Front that you are aware of? That would help keep those other guys visible.

Or, is there any need to have the AOE as opaque as it is now? Perhaps more transparent under normal conditions would help as well and not require any additional control or manipulation.

As you can see, those Brewers get lost in there. 

End of Turn 3.JPG

Perhaps more transparent under normal conditions would help as well and not require any additional control or manipulation.

Yes a more transparent Rough Ground marker would be nice; I've definitely come across the hard-to-see models issue in those auras.

But can always substitute one of the other 3" auras to represent Rough Ground, so long as both players are aware it shouldn't cause any confusion.

The non-transparent AoE isn't usually a massive issue, because they only last until the end of the turn (not sure if you're aware of that - there's usually at max 2 on the table at the same time).  I wouldn't have any objection to having it more transparent though...

The non-transparent AoE isn't usually a massive issue, because they only last until the end of the turn (not sure if you're aware of that - there's usually at max 2 on the table at the same time).  I wouldn't have any objection to having it more transparent though...

Except for ongoing effects like Ratchet's Blast Earth which becomes rough ground.

Ongoing Effects

Some AOE’s leave a residual ongoing-effect on the pitch (like a patch of Rough Ground for example). Mark the zone of any ongoing-effect on the pitch with a suitable template. 

counts as rough-ground while in play, doesn't become permanent terrain.

Ah... I see it now in End Phase - Players then remove all current ongoing-effects (but not conditions).... annnnnd under ongoing-effects definition... ugh :unsure: Hate it when that happens.

Thanks.

Edited by MCOLL81

Hey guy, you didn't make Colossus male.

He's still not listed as Male on the downloaded PDF cards from Steamforged either; despite Mat saying he was male. Presumably an oversight all around. Maybe that'll get cleaned up when Hoist gets added to the PDF.

Having an issue with the latest version, 4.65, not sure if it's the mod or something else, but I'm unable to deselect the ball... I can't select any of the players, so every time I try to move someone it's only moving the ball.

Edit: possibly this is because I didn't have the most recent Flash update.

On 03/04/2016 at 4:32 PM, Odin said:

Having an issue with the latest version, 4.65, not sure if it's the mod or something else, but I'm unable to deselect the ball... I can't select any of the players, so every time I try to move someone it's only moving the ball.

Edit: possibly this is because I didn't have the most recent Flash update.

The issue is caused by any aura on the ball putting a 20" transparent layer over the board which can't be clicked through.. Clicking Ctrl+. to remove the aura on the ball will fix it... It's already fixed for the next release.

2 hours ago, RuntotheHills said:

Minor

(V) Katalyst wounds number 24 shows up as 20 in the ticker above his icon.

Cool, I'll fix that, keep them coming in, I'm sure that won't be the last. There was a lot changed

LOL.. OK that is going to be interesting to fix... turns out I didn't do any Icy Sponge about 20, so it's reverting to the highest number.

On 23/04/2016 at 2:29 AM, Ratty said:

Cool, I'll fix that, keep them coming in, I'm sure that won't be the last. There was a lot changed

Vet Harmony still doesn't get an extra influence on Honours legendary use :P (its a legendary play not a trait dammit!)

This might be a problem specific to me, because I've seen it work for other people in earlier versions. (and it seems to be working for others, so maybe I just need to do some research.) But all attempts to see player cards yields veteran Graves. Select Hearne > Click 'Home Statistics' > See: Veteran Graves. Not sure what's up. It's actually never worked for me even in earlier versions so maybe something isn't getting installed correctly or somethin'.