Sign in to follow this  
pinoywargamer

Casket Time and Miraculous Recovery

From the errata document:

Change to Legendary Play – Casket Time:
The next time this model inflicts the taken– out condition on an enemy [Human] model, the friendly team score an additional [+2] VPs.
In addition, the model which suffered the taken–out condition may not be given icy–sponge tokens in the next Maintenance Phase and may not receive any this turn.

Miraculous Recovery wont work because the model suffering the taken-out condition may not receive Icy Sponge tokens this turn

Edited by Shano

Let's say my opponent's Casket does Casket Time on my Blackheart, but I have a Miraculous Recovery plot card in hand. How is this resolved?

The final clause of Casket Time prevents the Taken Out model from gaining Icy Sponge tokens the turn it is Taken Out, specifically to prevent Miraculous Recovery working against it:

The next time this model inflicts the taken-out condition on an enemy [human] model the friendly team score an additional 2 VPs. In addition, the model which suffered the taken-out condition may not be given icy sponge tokens in the next maintenance phase and may not receive any this turn

So, in this scenario:

- Casket activates his Legendary Play
- Casket attacks and Takes Out Blackheart
- Blackheart goes into the box, the Mortician's player gains 4 VPs
- Blackheart is unable to gain Icy Sponge tokens until the Maintenance Phase after next, i.e. he is out of play for at least one whole turn.

Cheers :)