SFG Forums Closing On March 11th 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
munkeykungfu

Clash of the Guilds 2 28 May 2016 - 32 players! - Bristol

1 hour ago, TwoBands said:

Two people from my club (Greg and Barry) are signed up for both 64-man events, and Greg recently made it to Doncaster. It's a real shame that we can send players north but so few come south. I have one player (Thomas) who mainly plays up north but had signed up for both of mine. Be nice to see more people travelling to support our events down here as we seem to struggle so much in getting together ourselves over the divide of the southern counties. Still, this is the tail end of GB yr1. Yr2 will hopefully bring us some bigger communities and a more active tournament scene! Keep on blazing that trail, Liam and I'll be right there with you :)

Those two are machines! I want to go to both, but can only do one and would much rather support Liam as he runsexcellent tournaments and used to play in the same circles as myself in Blood Bowl. We outcasts have to stick together :D

30 minutes ago, nobby said:

Those two are machines! I want to go to both, but can only do one and would much rather support Liam as he runsexcellent tournaments and used to play in the same circles as myself in Blood Bowl. We outcasts have to stick together :D

Plus you know it's the only way you will finish above me is if I am not playing ;-)

1 hour ago, nobby said:

Yep. :D Fishers would be, but they aren't too good at the hitting game.

In the same vane...Butchers are no good at the "ball" game :P

OK guys just a heads up following feedback. After much deliberating, this will be moving to a 1 day event on the Saturday for 32 players.

For those of you that have paid for a 2 day ticket, thank you and I will be sorting out a £5 refund for each of you.

For everyone else, tickets shall be £15

I shall still look to include a great deal of wonderful trophies, however will need to do some costing on this.

Here's hoping for a great day of gaming :D

1 minute ago, Hobbybutterfly said:

Disappointing but understandable 

Nobody is more disappointed than me. This is the first time in 10 years of running events I have had to downgrade an event from what I originally announced. I'm pissed off as I don't like letting people down when I make a promise. 

If Anyone wants a full refund I will completely understand and I can but only apologise. I think given the low numbers a 1 day event would be a better experience than a 2 day event with a small field.

What I will be looking to do is buying a load of bits myself and raffling them to those who originally purchased a 2 day ticket as a personal Thank you. 

No drama mate, we are hopefully getting a group of us tournament noobs to come down and fight it out for the wooden spoon! 

Ive run airsoft and larp events for 15 years and sometimes it just doesn't go right. Don't be too hard on yourself as I'm willing to bet that everyone coming to CotG2 will have a great time anyway! 

??

Sad news, but also... Woo Hoo! I can come now. Indeed, I'm already signed up :D

I will have mastered the Cogs by then and hopefully Pin Vice should have made an appearance too

1 hour ago, Wynter said:

Sad news, but also... Woo Hoo! I can come now. Indeed, I'm already signed up :D

I will have mastered the Cogs by then and hopefully Pin Vice should have made an appearance too

Have you paid then as I've not had anything come through in the last hour.

Liam definitely want to attend this one but won't be able to buy ticket until next payday. I hope there will still be tickets left.

59 minutes ago, JJLayfield said:

I will look to make this!

Are there places to stay near by as a day return back to London seems a bit hefty and would be good to hang out with the community after the event :D

I will probably be going back to London after as going to have to make the same trip I did last time. (Andover to Twickenham, drop off the kids, sleep, twickenham to reading, badger Adam for a lift again, Drive from Reading to Bristol, make a mistake which costs me the tournament, cry a little, blame Honour, and back to Twickers!) 

Bristol is a Uni city though, so loads of hotels.

Can you confirm this is definitely going to go ahead/not change structure again? 

I would like to come, but will need to book flights, so want to make sure before I book them! 

Cheers,

Neil