SFG Forums Closing On March 11th 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
munkeykungfu

Clash of the Guilds 2 28 May 2016 - 32 players! - Bristol

What does this even mean?

Are you suggesting that you don't want to play in a large event because you are more likely to do badly because there is more of a chance of facing quality players?

I find it very strange that a Guildball pundit would be, seemingly, so against a large event. 

Neil

Yes, I was also shattered after Festive Balls yesterday, although I really enjoyed the event.

A entire weekend of gaming is not for everyone, particularly if you have family commitments :)

2 days are not for everyone. This is a bit of a trial to see how guild ball fairs over 2 days. It won't be as mentally draining as 5 rounds in one day but it can be a bit daunting.

For those wanting to pay, please remember that this is my event and not BIG's so the payment details are different. Can you drop me a message when you have paid so I know to check the club paypal account afterwards.

Yes, I was also shattered after Festive Balls yesterday, although I really enjoyed the event.

A entire weekend of gaming is not for everyone, particularly if you have family commitments :)

I was definitely tired yesterday! I suppose having travelled somewhat further than most (Edinburgh), my Sunday is effectively given to the tournament anyway. 

This is is why the 6 game tournament very much appeals to me - 3 games a day (or even 4&2) doesn't dominate your day/soul quite so much! 

Neil

So boys and girls. Given how well Guild Ball Informers 64 player event is selling (Double my ticket sales in only 1 day) I'm really starting to think that this event will not sell out. 

So given how tickets have ground to a complete halt, there are a few options available and I'm keen to hear from people who have paid:

1. Cancel the event and move to later in the year (Full refund will be issued)
  2. Drop it to a 1 day event ( Partial refund will be issued)
  3. Keep at 2 days regardless of the low turnout?

:(

I say give it time, it's still months away with many in between. You know what Southern Blood Bowl players are like with paying for events and it may very well be the case with Guildball players down here.

If it goes to a one-day event you can have my money right now :) If stays two I still won't be able to make it, sorry. If cancelled I will cry :'( for it would be a bloody shame.

I would suggest trying to identify an alternate tournament to give people plenty of games, such as grouping day one to form groups for day two thereby meaning everyone gets as many games as you want to do.  Although how this would fit with the sanctioned tournament side of things I do not know.

I'm happy with whatever decision you make and you have my continued support for whatever events I am able to attend. If my opinion is worth anything, I would say hang on for a bit and see what numbers look like. Have a deadline then decide after that. The 1day might be more preferable to some (with families and such like). Time will tell I guess.

I plan to come but struggling for funds to commit this week (January lasts forever!). Will be signing up next week if it's still on. Happy with options 2 and 3. 1 doesn't sound like much fun! 

Yes, a bit disingenuous of the Northerners to organise another 64 event two weeks before, but to be fair, I'm not sure there is a massive overlap in the player base.

I will happily attend another single day 32 player event, but 2 days of looking after the kids is too much to ask from the missus ;)

Thanks for the responses guys. As to crossover I think there needs to be some south to north travellers and vice versa for 64 to succeed. Vengeance is getting some players from the south travelling but the timings suck so Clash won't get any in return.

I really enjoyed Festive Balls but as someone with a young child at home asking the missus for a two day pass is a challenge. If it went to a one day I could definitely see myself trying every trick available to get a pass to this.

Hi Liam, if this changes to a one day event I would be very interested in making this my first tournament but a two day one is a bit much for me with the missus just having a new baby as well.

Two people from my club (Greg and Barry) are signed up for both 64-man events, and Greg recently made it to Doncaster. It's a real shame that we can send players north but so few come south. I have one player (Thomas) who mainly plays up north but had signed up for both of mine. Be nice to see more people travelling to support our events down here as we seem to struggle so much in getting together ourselves over the divide of the southern counties. Still, this is the tail end of GB yr1. Yr2 will hopefully bring us some bigger communities and a more active tournament scene! Keep on blazing that trail, Liam and I'll be right there with you :)

13 hours ago, ChazWoza said:

I really enjoyed Festive Balls but as someone with a young child at home asking the missus for a two day pass is a challenge. If it went to a one day I could definitely see myself trying every trick available to get a pass to this.

I will gladly help you obtain said pass if required ;)