malladin.ben

alternative Butchers team style (getting ready for Fillet?)

Hi, I've only recently picked up Meathook, so I'm trying to think of ways in which I could use her, and the recent talk about Fillet has given me an idea for a different type of butchers team. It might not work quite as well as other butchers teams, but it might work in a different way and surprise a few people.

Here's the team:

• Ox (until Fillet is available),
  • Princess (unless Truffles synergises especially well, but given Boiler is in the team, it's unlikely to not be her)
  • Meathook
  • Boiler
  • Rage
  • any one other (possibly veteran Brisket might provide a new option, but for now I'm thinking probably Tenderiser as the team is a bit more controlly than a usual butchers team)

The team would focus on spreading the bleed around and knocking people down with Tenderiser so that Meathook can sanguine pool. With Boiler, Rage, Meathook and the dog all handing out bleed it could get quite nasty. 

The trouble I can see with it is that it is very low influence. Has anybody tried this sort of team? How does it play?

Cheerio,

Ben

I have run this list with Gutter as well.

It is pretty nasty lots of bleed plus 2 tooled ups is great fun. Only issue is meathook being mean with the INF she brings to the board.

It was in a Butcher-off and it was a bleed bath ;)

Edited by docbungle

The INF issue was why I was thinking about using Tenderiser - he brings 1 but can easily be given none and still perform a role. That said, I think I'd be wanting him to be getting involved more than you might do in a typical game, so it'd be interesting to see how it pans out. I might give it a whirl on Thursday and see how it goes.

Cheerio,

Ben

I've also thought about this. I had Brisket in my line up because if her INF and poison. I think there is a point where you are getting less milage out of bleed. Having KD and poison for more options and potentially stacking damage. From different effects. I think playing the condition game also will require a strong goal threat. Brisket would be good for that team. Also Harry the Hat has molotov. Burn is good too.

I think your best bet would probably be to put Shank in your floater team member spot, he brings 2" Reach with a good range and he can threaten goals as well as put a pretty good whack of damage into an opposing player. Tenderiser us great, but he can be a bit of a INF Pig, and witht he team being a little low on inf, you want a couple players who can do stuff with what they bring to the pool.

I started with Engineers but since all of the Engineer eligible Union characters are also Butcher eligible, I figured it would only be a matter of time...

I have Rage, Gutter, and Decimate.

My second team was then going to be Union with Blackheart and Coin arriving on or soon after Christmas. To that, I've already picked up the Minx figure at the local game store. She also plays for the Butchers.

I am definitely going to go for Fillet and had been theorizing this Bleed style list as well. It also has a Charge focus. I've already committed, having picked up Meathook the other night.

So, I am looking at doing something like this:

Fillet (BLEED!!!!)

Princess (I agree we need to wait and see with Truffles, but Princess does give out Bleed on a 2nd column non-momentous GB result. Column 3 also has non-momentous Poison)

Meathook (Bleed, Smell Blood, her Heroic Play Sanguine Pool works on all conditions) {possible 13" charge threat}

Rage (Bleed and free charge)

Minx (have the model - free Charge and Marked Target) {possible 14" charge threat}

Boiler (Bleed and Princess. Marked Target)

Sideboard (two of these three):

Shank (no Bleed connections) {possible 18" charge threat}

Gutter (have the model)

Brisket (if I get the starter box) or Vet Brisket depending on card. Also synergizes with Princess and can put the ball on goal

None of those possible charge threats include Princess' Loved Creature... so add another 2" on that turn if the opponent does it too early

Coming from the Engineers (still thoroughly enjoy them) it will be a nice change of pace. It will be interesting to see who deals more damage more efficiently - the aforementioned Union lineup or this Butchers lineup.