SFG Forums Closing On March 11th 2019 Read more... ×
pinoywargamer

Guild Ball Philippines

This I like. Will there be more?

What's the outlook for a GB community in the Philippines? 

Edited by Phil

Thanks for the kind words, guys! Yes, there will definitely be more as I am hyped with playing more momentous GB here in the Phils. Right now, we're still in the infancy stage. My good friend, Clint, he was the one crazy enough to take my recommendation and push it to the next level, so now we have distribution locally. One of our boxes got delayed somewhere, sadly those contain the Masons and Engineers starter boxes. I think he's talking to the local game stores to see who will be interested in carrying the product. As for myself, I'm just a big kid who likes to play with my toy soldiers who just happens to be a graphics guy, too. So I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, enjoying the game and make some nice reports while I'm at it, too. ^_^

Thanks for the kind words, Rune and Sidious Mike. I will try to make some more, but I have been hard pressed with trying to come up with a good storyline to tie the matches together, and not just make some random match every time.

In the meantime, I tried a different treatment with this match between the Mason's Guild and the Butcher's Guild.

masons-x-butchers_01.jpg

masons-x-butchers-28.jpg

masons-x-butchers-06.jpg

Follow the rest of the match on the Pinoy Wargamer website: http://www.pinoywargamer.com/?p=4143

Let me know if you guys like this new format, or do you prefer the manga-style match reports instead? Thanks for reading! Good luck, have fun and always bring your ace game!

#SteamforgedGames #GuildBall #MasonsGuild #ButchersGuild #PinoyWargamer

Another very enjoyable battle report. Whether its the cartoon style or the pro-sports style I find either one just as enjoyable. For me its that you manage to provide a breakdown for each activation that is to the point and still keeps you interested even when its just Mallet jogging up to a wall. 

I think you would be very hard pressed to make up a storyline to tie the games together. Far too much randomness and having to attempt to come up with reasons for why each player did what after the fact would be difficult. Even as stand alone reports with no tie together they're always great to read.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Sidious Mike and GPG!

What guilds do you guys play? Maybe I'll make those the protagonist teams in the manga/comic-style match reports :)

I am a creative designer by profession, so I made that GBPH logo and sports frame by myself, patterned from stuff on Google. I was looking at the pics I took, and framing all those images will end up a waste and the end product will have uninteresting shots, which is why I plopped in the drone cam idea.