DieselDM

GBKeeper: iOS app that tracks damage

I've been working on an iOS app in my spare time that can not only view cards and build teams, but also track damage during an active game.  It has a ways to go yet, but it's been a fun project so far.

I'm not sure if Steamforged would green-light something this to go into the App Store, but was curious what the interest level would be from players.

Here's a screenshot of the current Play screen on an iPad.

GBKeeper-PlayScreen.jpg

Eventually it would show which players have activated, Taken Out status and allow you to apply a number Icy Sponge Tokens to automatically heal the correct amount.  I have lots of great ideas, just need the time to implement them.

Steamforged has not had any issues that I know of with the apps already out there - nothing but favorable feedback about mine anyway. You can always email them directly though.

looks like a cool app so far, still some white space to play with - work in a momentum tracker! 

Steamforged has not had any issues that I know of with the apps already out there - nothing but favorable feedback about mine anyway. You can always email them directly though.

looks like a cool app so far, still some white space to play with - work in a momentum tracker! 

Definitely will have a momentum tracker, thanks Phil! (long time listener, BTW, keep up the good work)

It's what's missing from the current excellent manager app.

maybe too much wish listing, but ways of tracking who took out who and who scored etc would be useful for league play 

I love the idea of keeping statistics, but that would probably be a feature farther down the road.

This looks great, especially once you have the other features in. Basically War Room for Guild Ball at that point (but hopefully better lol).

Thanks for the interest in GBKeeper.  It is progressing very nicely.  I have the feature set locked down and have been tweaking colors and fixing bugs.

Here's the current Play screen, which is where you'd spend most of your time.  For each player you can track damage taken, icy sponges received, activation status, and whether they are currently taken out.  The Score Banner gives you quick access to your VPs, Goals, and Momentum.

GBKeeper-Play-2016-01-10.png

Here's the Team building screen where you build teams.  You can also share your team with a standard iOS share screen, so you can text or email your great new list to friends.

GBKeeper-Team-2016-01-10.png

Here's the Library screen where you can just look through players and cards, which includes a name search.

GBKeeper-Library-2016-01-10.png

Just now, Michael said:

I need this in my life. 

Is there a way to input opponent's team so you can track their stats/abilities/wounds, etc., too?

Not yet.  For v1 it will just track your own team.  (For the moment you could always switch to the library tab to look at a particular player's cards, but that's about it)

This looks sweet. I know it is still in testing but just curious how much does it eat your battery on say an iPad. From my experience with War Room I can maybe get through two games before having to plug in.

I expect the battery life to be on par with normal iOS apps (e.g. Notes, Calendar, Photos).  Next time I play a game with it I will monitor the battery life before and after to give a clearer idea.

As I understand it one of the primary reasons War Room is so battery hungry is because it's been developed using a graphics gaming engine (Unity, I think).  While this allows them to have both an Android and iOS app with the same underlying code base, you're getting the battery life of a graphics rich game instead of a regular app.

56 minutes ago, Shano said:

how soon until release?  This looks great.

No definitive timetable currently.  I have a couple locals testing it, ironing out issues as they arise, then I'd like to do an larger beta test.

4 hours ago, DieselDM said:

Not from me, I only do Mac/iOS programming.

Seems like a missed opportunity! I'd love to get this on my phone. My wife won't let me borrow her iPad for my silly nerd games ;)

Looks really great, though! I will try it out if I can when its available.

Looks really good. is there any game tracking within it. (Recording win lost etc) and if you need any help with testing give me a shout.