DieselDM

GBKeeper: iOS app that tracks damage

Sadly the update will not be out tonight.  The new PDFs of the S2-style cards do not all render correctly under OS X.  I notified support on Friday, but this morning they told me it works fine for them.  I can only assume they tried it solely with Adobe Reader.  Unfortunately this means it's a rendering error as the PDFs are no longer images of cards, but constructions of images, text fields, etc. They apparently render fine in Adobe Reader, but if you view them under OS X or iOS (e.g iPhone or iPad) you'll see that some of the cards are missing color banners behind names or damage boxes.

I emailed support back again with this additional information but haven't heard back.  If anyone else has a minute to open the Alchemist PDF on OS X or iOS please do and if Midas is missing the green behind his name email support@steamforged.com to let them know you also have an issue with the PDFs so they know I'm not alone.

Here's an example of Calculus, who correctly has a green banner behind the name and Midas who is missing the banner

MissingGuildColor.png

Since I extract the images for the GBKeeper cards are directly from the PDF they will also look wrong until they fix the PDFs for OS X rendering.

Interesting. Maybe they have already worked on the file:

- your link:

No problem with Midas (iPhone 5S actual OS), but there are are problems with anyone else. 

They have a black shadow behind their stats, which make them nearly impossible to read.

image.jpeg.7b3b60373982ad2e181c1d90b6b9f

- already on my phone:

same problem. There are also the shadows. But less, so the numbers are readable.

So it would appear they've changed the PDFs which added the color banners, unfortunately there are now new problems, mainly the layout lines around text fields are all visible.  Additionally there are some strange color overlapping issues.  I've emailed them again.

I'm not seeing the dark shadow though.  Maybe they are iterating through improvements or something.

HarryTheHat-Back.jpg

I tried using ImageMagick to convert from PDF to JPG and that makes the shadows much more pronounced.  Midas doesn't have have any text shadowing, where Calculus has quite a lot.

Shadows.jpg

On 14/1/2016 at 1:48 AM, DieselDM said:

Not from me, I only do Mac/iOS programming.

I'm currently working in an installable web app, that's independent on the os, and works offline. 

I did this some time ago for warmahordes (kovnik.firebaseapp.com), maybe we could join forces?

Looks like they've switched back to the original set of  PDFs that are missing the banners on multiple cards, but at least the layout lines are gone again.  I still haven't heard back again from support, so I'm not really sure what's going on.

Steamforged has added the following preamble to the downloads section:

"We are aware of some issues with the cards not displaying as well as they could on iOS devices and with OSX Preview - we strongly suggest using Adobe Acrobat to view these PDFs, which should clear these issues up."

So I'm guessing we are stuck with these issue indefinitely.

On February 16, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Rocanegra said:

I'm currently working in an installable web app, that's independent on the os, and works offline. 

I did this some time ago for warmahordes (kovnik.firebaseapp.com), maybe we could join forces?

I can't speak for anyone else, but @DieselDM pretty much has this finished.

I don't think we have one for Android devices, but that may be an avenue to explore for our less fortunate brother & sisters that use those platforms?

Okay, build 5 is now out.  It has all the S2-style cards.

***You must delete your previous installation before installing this one to clear out all the old card images***
*Deleting the app will lose local data, such as teams and games in progress*

Testing:
- Ensure all the cards are correct for all players.  Every card changed for this update, so examine each player and ensure they have the correct card front and back.
- Ensure all the health boxes line up with the players cards

Changes:
- Updated to new Season 2 style cards
- Changed remote update URL
- Card image update improvements
- Fixed a bug with card display when rotating iPad

I have found a rotation bug that affects iPhone 6/6S Plus and am working on a fix.  So please take a moment to scour through your guilds and make sure all the cards are looking good, health circles lining up and no new bugs have been introduced.

I didn't delete original, but it looks like I got all the new card in update.   I did notice in Alchemists the season 1 models are not lining up the damage right.  the first one is on spot but it look like a spacing issue.  As they get further out the are more off.  May be because I loaded it wrong though so I would wait for a second confirmation.

If you don't delete the original your damage boxes will be misaligned and you will have old cards from any updates that were pushed, like the Morticians.

You can delete the app and re-install from TestFlight to get back on track.

I have gone through the fish and brewers so far too.  everything is lining up well.   I did notice in side mode the card does not change when you tough the damage.  Is that the glitch?   And also that you cannot have multiple captains on a team.  I do not know if that has been officially ruled, but last I checked, you could have a capt/mascot on the bench.

Just now, Wazatdingder said:

And also that you cannot have multiple captains on a team.  I do not know if that has been officially ruled, but last I checked, you could have a capt/mascot on the bench.

I had not heard this, I thought it was 1 captain and 1 mascot with a selection of players.  If true, this will require some additional work.

8 minutes ago, Wazatdingder said:

I did notice in side mode the card does not change when you tough the damage.  Is that the glitch?

That's not the one I'm thinking of, but could be related. Could you elaborate on what you're seeing?

I am looking at the stats with the front and back of card next to each other.  Other than the size, that looks good.  when one card is active and I go to adjust the damage on another I would expect the card to change but it does not.  Not a huge deal, but could lead to some mismarking of damage. 

6 minutes ago, Wazatdingder said:

I am looking at the stats with the front and back of card next to each other.  Other than the size, that looks good.  when one card is active and I go to adjust the damage on another I would expect the card to change but it does not.  Not a huge deal, but could lead to some mismarking of damage. 

Ah, I see.  This is intentional.  The damage buttons do not affect the current selection. This allows you to quickly mark damage on other models without losing you current selection.