SFG Forums Closing On March 11th 2019 Read more... ×

Hey everybody i was wondering if i could play on Vassal later today. I live in the US (sorry to the UK guys) and i am looking for a game sometime after 4:00pm EDT.

So i don't know how Vassal's matchmaking works. Also this is my first full game ever so i may be a little slow to moving the models and i may not fully understand the rules of the game yet. I am completely new to this.  :huh:

I was looking around this forum and i notice there is not "Vassal game night". Which i guess makes sense because the player base is split between US and UK (mostly UK). I think that is a shame, the dev's are being very generous with us by having a playable free version of their game on a third party program. So i want to thank them first of all for doing that, because that is awesome of them and not a lot of companies will do that and support it.

So i would like to start a game night for Vassal players. Since the player base is splint because of time zone it is best for it to be a all day event. Every Friday i would like to populate Vassal with players and we can all have a good time playing guild ball (and drinking some beer, because i know i will). So just fire up Vassal and join the mumble server. If you don't know it here is a link to the thread http://guildball.com/forums/index.php?/topic/641-community-mumble-server/

I hope to see you guys on friday.

Edited by byronthebear

I'm in Canada on Mountain Time, so I'd be happy to get some games in as well. Brand new to Guild Ball, but I've used Vassal before for Warmachine and the Guild Ball module seems very well-made.

I played a solo game using the quick start rules to test it out. I'd be in for some full games if someone doesn't make me being a bit slow for a few turns until it all clicks. Going up from 3 to 6 players might take some time with all the abilities in play.

Played 2 quick start games. I may get more in at the local shop today.

I'm getting interested in this Friday night Vassal games.  Anyone doing a Tutorial again?

Hey a BIG thanks to byronthebear who found me on VASSAL and walked me through how VASSAL works!

I'll be logging in on Friday nights looking for a scrum

Is this still (or did it ever become) a thing?

A buddy and I were actually on this past Friday night (coincidentally; not because of this thread) and it looked like we also had some watchers. Wasn't sure after seeing this if they were randoms or possibly there because of this.

We were using Skype though. The link to the old forum doesn't seem to work anymore, so would it be possible to repost the Mumble info if that is still the preferred method of chat. 

Anyway, I'm in the Eastern (US) Time Zone and would be open to gaming on Vassal after I get the little one to sleep (usually after 9/9:30p).