optimusdies

Veteran models. *fluff spoiler*

As annotated above this post will have story spoilers for those who have not read the fluff in the rule book yet. Big space for people who don't want to see the spoiler.

So with veteran Brisket teased already do you think we will be getting two veteran models in season 2? The very end of the rule book we find Ox and Boar fleeing for their lives when they get waylaid by a dozen or so paladins saying they have come for Ox's life. They tell Boar he is free to leave if he wants and after a long pause considering his options he says: "I think that about settles it then. You've got some stones Master Butcher, but this fight is not mine. Better to live to kill another day than die fighting another man's battle. About time the Butcher's Guild was lead by a new man. Only the strongest survive, only the strongest deserve to lead and I am stronger than all." As I said before do you think we will get veteran Brisket and veteran captain Boar? If we do what style of play do you think he will have as a captain? I think even more combat based myself. I was toying with ideas for it and I think his statline will stay the same and yes that includes 1 inf on a captain however to make up for this his traits will change, he will keep furious but his other two traits would be something like Tunnel Vision this model cannot be moved or controlled by the opposing player* and if an enemy model in this models melee range makes a dodge or advance this model may make an advance towards that model for the same amount of distance(*cannot be pushed, seduced, or controlled, basically hexproof if you play MTG still trying to decide is KD should be included as well. Also it's advance instead of dodge so your opponent can choose to make parting blows on Boar if applicable) and Unrelenting  whenever this model successfully lands an attack after results are applied this model may make another attack against the same model at -1 TAC, this attack may generate more attacks with addition -1 TAC debuffes (for example first attack is a charge so 12 dice, first bonus attack will be at 7 dice since it was 8 TAC -1 and no benefit from charge, third attack would be at 6 dice because of 2 successful attacks beforehand. When he finally misses he may spend his influence to make another attack and the "chain" will be reset back to 8) His LP would be a very small pulse 4" or less and it gives Friendly Butchers models Unrelenting and Tunnel Vision. I know it seems a little OP but the extremely low inf stat on the captain I feel should make up for it. Sorry this question turned into a theory post I have just been thinking about it alot.

I do think it would be interesting to see a 1/1 Influence Captain with Berzerk, but I'm not sure how well that would play.  

I think there would need to be rather big changes.  Maybe Season 3?

I'll be honest I was expecting Veteran Shank.

But now very interested to see what changes will have happened to Brisket.

Also I have a feeling we will find out what happens to Ox in Season 3

Each team is only getting 4 players, so it seems unlikely at this point...

We may see more than four models in some teams. If you look at Compound's model number in the store it ends with '02-006', implying that the Alchemists at least will be seeing six models. Maybe they decided to increase the season 2 model count?

There are supposed to be 4 models for all the Guilds, Compound as the 'extra player' Engineers and Alchemists were missing, 3 Union and 8 slots left from the confirmed 40 players for the Hunters Guild.

Unless plans have changed significantly since these numbers were given out on a podcast over the summer, I doubt we'll be seeing any additional players...

We may see more than four models in some teams. If you look at Compound's model number in the store it ends with '02-006', implying that the Alchemists at least will be seeing six models. Maybe they decided to increase the season 2 model count?

that would depend on whether the use of Compound to add the seventh player missing from Engineers and Alchemists is the new player for those teams or whether they will also get an eighth player to keep them in touch with the other guilds.

presumably the Hunters are going to be behind the rest and going forward new teams will likely not be released with a multitude of captains and veteran players from the off so it'll be a longer game to fill out the players as they go along 

that would depend on whether the use of Compound to add the seventh player missing from Engineers and Alchemists is the new player for those teams or whether they will also get an eighth player to keep them in touch with the other guilds.

We already know Compound is an additional new player. We've seen the 'actual' new players for Alchemists & Engineers - Venin & Hoist respectively.

As for the OP, I'd be very disappointed if Boar was given veteran status, at least at this point. He's the player I sub out the most. Besides, fluff wise, I think the rest of the team have more interesting stories that could be told by advancing the character.

On the theory front, I'm thinking S3 will give us Veteran Ox as the captain after he comes back more badass than ever & turns Boar into mince for leaving him behind :)

I'd be surprised if Boar is ever captain.  He seems like the kind of guy that demands command but lacks the charisma to lead.  If he ever were to be captain, I sort of suspect it would end with Boiler slitting his throat.

I'd be surprised if Boar is ever captain.  He seems like the kind of guy that demands command but lacks the charisma to lead.  If he ever were to be captain, I sort of suspect it would end with Boiler slitting his throat.

Interesting thought, but I pegged Shank to progress in S3 as captain. 

I have a feeling Ox will show as a veteran player for one the churches. (Stems from the cross symbol on the proving grounds mat.)

I was hoping for shank for season 2. I'm sure Brisket will be fine. It doesn't seem like  Boar is a team player. I doubt he'll be a captain. I'm interested in the owner now that Ox is m.i.a.

[...[

On the theory front, I'm thinking S3 will give us Veteran Ox as the captain after he comes back more badass than ever & turns Boar into mince for leaving him behind :)

Well, there is a new player's name for the butchers: Mincer!

I like.

took a while to get reading a lot of old threads after getting on the forums,

Ox is dead (if not then severely injured and left for dead) possibly return as a vet for Mortitians or some other form of necromancy group (this COULD also be the churches as depicted by the cross but i doubt the use of the symbol tbh)

Boar, wanting to be captain is beaten by Fillet and banished from the guild indefinately. (opens up a possible return to the Union as a VET player with Rage moving on to be VET Captain ;) )

Just my guesses on the matter :)

Do think Ox Is dead from the Interview with Sherwind (who writes most of the fluff), I think It would have less of an Impact If he would come back, I think a few others are dead too. In Interviews, they have said there will be a handful or death per season.