SFG Forums Closing On March 11th 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
EpicChris

Fangtooth - having trouble understanding the point of him

Fangtooth seems to have our most reliable knockdown on the team, it's just a matter of determining how important that is to your playstyle and game plan.

Having come from Brewers IS there any other play style? :P

Step 1: Knockdown

Step 2: ....

Step 3: Profit

It's a solid a game plan as any :)

Having come from Brewers IS there any other play style? :P

Step 1: Knockdown

Step 2: dance drunken jig

Step 3: Profit

It's a solid a game plan as any :)

Fixed that for you.

Gluttonous Mass seems to improve things considerably, particularly from the perspective of using him as a Goal Keeper. Not so easy to bounce off him on the way to the goal now, eh?

1" melee. He can't counter attack against most scorers. If he was 2" then yeah, but nope. And Foul Odour is the main issue I have - slowing my own guys is terrible. And if on a flank he's too slow.

Now, I will revisit him after the errata as GM is an interesting rule. But he needs more speed. Oh and not to hurt all his friends when he does anything. I mean all his plays hurt friendlies more than enemies.

2" melee would be super useful, but I must say I am liking him the more I play him.

I tend to have him hang out midfield with Rage and Blackheart, gumming up the works and murderising things. Rage doesn't care about Foul Odour or Unleashed. Blackheart's Shadow Like compensates for Foul Odour quite well. 

Simply love the Mom.KD on 1 hit!

I'm loving how Gluttonous Mass is screwing with my opponent's activation order and /or leading to mistakes too. Happens easier than you might think under the pressure of the clock.

I've already had a couple of charges against him while GM was still up which is nice. If they don't have, or forget that they have 2" melee, declare the counter attack if you can and knock 'em on their ass for extra deliciousness ?

Basically the more time my opponent puts into Fangtooth, the happier I am.

I normally run Rage, Gutter, Mist, Fangtooth and Blackheart.. The ability to drag people in, KD and then walk Rough Ground on top of them.. it can completely shut threats down.. +Rage ignore Gutter Sything Blow and all of Fangtooths annoyances. Gutter can generally heal fast enough that Fangtooth Unleashed isn't an issue. They make a solid center and then Blackheart can switch between offence and scoring and Mist means they have to constantly be on their guard.